Monday, August 27, 2007

BUILDING THE PERFECT NEST

Hello everyone! ~R here.

I thought it was time for another guest post. The twist here is that, she doesn't know this is coming. She'll just be reading it like the rest of you. :) Sorry Bun. :) :)

So, we all know about the lovely Dakota's love of the "I am woman, hear me roar" lifestyle. She is absolutely determined to stand on her own two feet, and damn any MAN who tries to change that! I honestly think she once said "To know me, is to fear me.". Okay, maybe I made that up. But that wouldn't be a stretch. But let's just say that even though she has learned to accept that we are going to be together, like, for-eva, she still can't say it. When speaking of the future, she says things like, "You know Honey, when we... (long pause).. co-habitate..", or "When we... (long pause)... do that thing where you live together and stuff...". To even consider entering into any sort of situation where, oh, someone may end up taking all of someone else's stuff because someone did something they shouldn't have, is just completely unthinkable.

But, lately there's been a change in the wind. It's subtle. VERY subtle. But, in Bunnyville, these subtle little "slips" are starting to add up to a whole pile of "I'm Totally The Champ". I offer you, the following evidence:

exhibit A) Ter is my witness on this one. While Bun was on the landline with Ter, I had called her on my cell phone. She actually said to me "So, when are you going to be home, Honey?". What could be wrong with that, you ask? Read that again. I'll wait. Okay, let me point it out. She asked me, while standing in HER living room, when I was going to be HOME... to HER house. I know, I know. In a normal world, not a big deal. But, right after she said it, she realized it and was unable to speak. I called the local 911. It was dicey for a few minutes, but a couple jolts with the paddles, and she's all good. Depressed. But good.

exhibit B) It was just another Saturday, and I'd had a tough week. So, I decided I was going to sleep in a bit, at her place. She came in to wake me up, and in a moment of what can only be called "weakness" she muttered "Oh, I didn't pick your clothes up off the floor this morning. I'm sorry." Do I need to wait for you to re-read that, or are you catching on?? Since when does she need to worry about my laundry?? As she has declared MANY times, she is NOT my wife. But, there she was... feeling bad about my dirty clothes that had been on the floor for about 12 hours. ::sigh:: Sad. CUTE. But, sad.

exhibit C) Another little fact about my Bunny, is that while she is a spectacular cook, she hates it. She does it because she believes her sons deserve good food. But, she grinds her teeth the whole time she's doing it. Well, last month the boys were away visiting their father, so she was free from this chore for a whole month. Or so we thought. She actually turned to me one night and said "You want me to cook you something for dinner tomorrow night?". It literally made me pause Scrubs on the TiVo. Seeing the confusion in my eyes, she said it again. I got in the car and ran up to the local CVS and got one of those home drug testing kits. It came back negative, but I'm not so sure she didn't smuggle in a zip-loc bag of clean pee. I'm easily distracted when she plays cute. Anyway, I told her there was no way she was going to cook for me, if she didn't have to. But the fact that she willingly WANTED to cook for me I think screams something. Hmmm... what could that be...

The bottom line? She's NESTING. That's right. She's all in, whether she likes it or not. As much as her conscious mind is saying "maybe", her sub-conscious is saying "Hell yeah!". She was once the unwavering, etched in stone, vision of the empowered single woman, who didn't need ANYONE, particularly a MAN, to make her life complete. But now, for all the flapping her arms, stomping in circles, and carrying on like a clucking chicken, she has realized that maybe, just maybe, she might be happy to be committed to a relationship for the next 50 years or so. :)

It's okay Honey. You nest away. It's very cute, and I'm all in too.
You're simply da best.

~R - Totally the Champ

19 Comments:

  • At 8:50 AM, Blogger Terri said…

    You KNOW I LOVE ya Dakota, but I just HAD to do it :) XOXOXOXOX

     
  • At 10:16 AM, Blogger Maura Anderson said…

    OMG - The bridesmaid dress shopping is on! Where did I put the link to those yellow tiaras?

     
  • At 10:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    R.....this is so freakin adorable. I can tell how much you love Dakota with every word .

    Dakota, this man is a keeper. You'd better be all in. *g*

     
  • At 10:35 AM, Blogger Daun Ann said…

    Totally Way Cool R.

    You may have scared her away for another month with that....But.....YIPPEEEE

    'Kota, put that man out of his (and our) misery.

    We're going for different colour bridesmaids dress, correct?

     
  • At 1:12 PM, Blogger Dakota Cassidy said…

    if ANYONE and I do mean ANYONE wears yellow to the celebration of my cohabitation--you DIE. LOLLOLLOLLOL

    Oy--honey? You are sooooooooo n for it when you get "home"...

     
  • At 3:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Suuuuure... when I got home she was making chicken for dinner, lovingly marinated overnight. :::sigh:::

    She's so cute when she's threatening. :)

    No yellow anything... Dakota has spoken. Substitute orange for anything yellow. It's in her color wheel.

    ~R - The Champ

     
  • At 3:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love it and I'm SO happy for you both!
    Nesting is good. :-)

    But I did get a giggle about R saying he was 'sleeping in a little' - I've seen his 'sleeping in' and it's no little! LOL
    It would put a vampire to shame! LOL

    :-)
    Sheri

     
  • At 4:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    a cohabitation celebration?

    DC, darlin... you need help. :P

     
  • At 4:33 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    OMG, and so the wheel turns... I promise never to wear yellow, espeically not during any "special" ceremonies.

     
  • At 5:36 PM, Blogger Daun Ann said…

    luckly for you...yellow ISN'T in my colour wheel. My skin has the sickly undertone and can't wear Neon anything near me, yellow, orange or a pastelly green. I'd look like I'm sick. Give me a dark green, any red or blue and I'm there.

     
  • At 6:53 PM, Blogger Jaynie said…

    I bags the pink dress

    So, R - did you buy the ring yet? *g*

     
  • At 7:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It's not over till he has drawer or closet space...if'n he does -- you are done for lady! give in now while you can gracefully!!!:)

     
  • At 7:17 PM, Blogger Erin the Innocent said…

    LMAO Maybe we should all wear yellow until she admits to the fact that shes nesting or something silly like that.

     
  • At 8:08 PM, Blogger Dakota Cassidy said…

    a drawer, you say?

    Oy and Vey. LOL

    And, listen here, you blog-napper. So I made chicken--big fricken' deal. Chicken means NOTHING. Now had I made like tna casserole? That's saying something. LOL

     
  • At 10:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Okay Bunny... you've forced my hand.

    1. I have a drawer.
    2. You asked me if I needed my laundry done today... and did it anyway when I said no.

    ...and there's more where that came from. :D

    Jaynie dear, no ring yet. That's part of the double-wide package. ;)

    Sheri... so I nap a little. Who doesn't? I think of it as always keeping the tank full. Besides, I think most forms of physical activity are way overrated.

    ~R - The Champ

     
  • At 10:16 PM, Blogger Dakota Cassidy said…

    That's it, Mr. You keep this up and there'll be NO MORE Swiss chicken and ham, got that?

    none--not even a scrap.

    Wait, maybe I'll put it in your DRAWER. LOLLOL

    DC :)

     
  • At 6:41 PM, Blogger Michelle said…

    LOLOLOLOL oy's you two are just too cute!!

     
  • At 9:59 AM, Blogger Lisa Garner said…

    Hello Dakota, you all are such a great, fun bunch!

     
  • At 11:03 AM, Blogger Christina said…

    Ditto to Michelle! LOL!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger