Thursday, June 28, 2007

Wherein Dakota is a SUCKER...




This is my last post before I hit the road for MI for a week with little or no Internet access--so do indulge in yet another tale of "Dakota is a tard."

Okay, so R calls me and tells me he's at a stoplight where right next to him, a guy has a truck full of puppies. All sorts of puppies. Malteses', English bull dogs, and Yorkshire Terriers.


Argh.


Now I've always wanted a Yorkie, but I'm resisting because I have two babies already and one, Wenzday, a pug, is diabetic and going blind in her right eye. The other, my Chi, is like a retro version of the 60's mindset. Gomez's philosophy is love the one yer with. he loves all the ladies in the house and will sleep like a whore with whomever will give him a bed.


I also have two cats. One who yarks if you simply think the word. He's the Amazing Creskin.


Add in my mother's dogs she brought with her when she moved in with me, a Cockapoo (snuggles) and a long haired Dachshund (truly scrumptious) and we have a houseful.


Now add in Mike and Mindy, Rob's dogs. Two more dachshunds. Mike who's older and experiencing bladder difficulties much like me and needs to wear the pee-pee pants because he has accidents. Mindy is just a ball of sunshine and was once abused by some fuckhead. Rob got her from a Dachshund rescue. They visit occasionally and spend the night with me because I'm sickly attached to them since the time Rob moved and they had to be with me for a few months until he got the farm in order.


So--get yer fingers out--when everyone is here, that makes 6 dogs and two cats.


yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...


Thank God I live in Graceland.


Anyhoodles--like I was saying, Rob knew I wanted a Yorkie, but I figured when the time came that my Wenzday skipped off into the next realm of endless Milk Bones and Steak Tar-Tar, I'd go looking. I lurve animals. All of them--especially the ones that have no potential for adoption. I hate people who abuse them. I despise people who take them and then just dump 'em.


Soooooooooooo, when Rob tells me this I say, OMG! How could you tell me something like this! you KNOW how I am. My son Cam (of the my milkshake brings all the boys to the yard fame) overhears me and says, oh, let's just go look. I'm like no fricken' way.


yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...


I finally figure, what's the harm, right? I've walked away before and besides, Yorkies are ridiculously priced. But, loser, easily manipulated mother that I am, we go.


to just look...


Yeahhhhhhhhhh...


Oddly, it was at the same intersection, where on a convertible ride, Rob told me he loved me :)


We get there and it's late and there are no more Yorkies. Alas... however, they do have a really cute Griffon something or other. He looked like Chewie from Star Wars--and he was on some kind of crazy crack. He was a bundle of yippy and skippy.


So now we've looked, the Yorkies are gone and I'm cool. I'm not paying 475 for a dog who more than likely someone else will adopt and lurve to pieces and he's not a Yorkie... he's a brussell-griffon something or other.


yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..


However, there's an English bull dog and I just gotta see--he's absolutely the most sluggish, laid back dude evah--and 1800 greenbacks.


Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....


Suddenly, I hear talk between the two men who are selling the puppies that there are Shi tzu's. Awwwwww, my mom had one and he was a riot. His name was Fugji and we loved him to death. So I just wanna peek--and then I hear there's one (a male) who has one eye smaller than the other and he might be meeting his maker if he can't be sold.


And I think--My left boob is smaller than my right, but Rob adopted me... and now I MUST see the puppy because these heathens are going to rid themselves of defective merchandise and this pisses me off. it's all I can do not to haul off and slug the numnuts in the chops. Yet, I am always a lady and I refrain...


Everyone else is sold in the Shi Tzu dept, but this little guy.


yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...


So I hold him. I look at his right eye which is indeed smaller than the left.


I care not.


I want.


So here's my Milo. I figure he and my Wenzday, between the two anyway, have one good pair of eyes. We're going to velcro the wee one to Wenzday's head and make them a perfect pair of 20/20's :)


Ter said they were probably full of shite and had no intention of knocking the little bugger off--she's probably right.


but just loooooooooooookkkkkkkkk! LOL


Dakota :)




8 Comments:

  • At 12:37 PM, Blogger Fiona Jayde said…

    OOOW you softie.
    CUUUUTE!

     
  • At 1:47 PM, Blogger Aymee said…

    You're not a sucker - you're a good-hearted person!! He's such a doll!

     
  • At 3:10 PM, Blogger Terri said…

    OMG he is ADORABLE !!! I can not wait to see him.

     
  • At 8:30 PM, Blogger Erin the Innocent said…

    freakin adorable :)

     
  • At 5:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    pushover!

    :P

     
  • At 4:20 AM, Blogger Cafe Cats said…

    Adorable! and you're here again and i didn't know. eh, i was in philly, so we prolly woulda missed each other anyhoo.

    smooches doll!

     
  • At 2:55 PM, Blogger FerfeLaBat said…

    Cute. But. cats are cuter. Congratulations on the new baby.

     
  • At 2:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    He is adorable, D, but I would be insane with that many 4-legged critters running around. I can barely handle the three I have. I would have walked away, sobbing, but walked away empty handed.

    Sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well. Hope your vacay is restful.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger