Monday, June 25, 2007

For Shiloh and Erin

So they'll get off MY BACK. LOLLOL

Hookay, so it's been like forevah and a day since I blogged, but life has a way of grabbing me by my foot and dragging me down the road to participation and here I am. So I've been busy with the house and the book and the group etc. I did some blog interviews (one with Jaynie. Yeah, she's back and cooler than ever), and trying to write this book before I have to leave for MI the end of this month. Then there's RWA from the 10th-16th and my friends are coming to hang at Casa Cassidy and we're going to crash the bar at the hotel. I, like the good author I am, am sooooooo looking forward to slapping a face to a name. Quietly, of course. I'm merely an observer. Snort.

So here's what's new...

Not a lot... LOLLOL

Actually, that's not entirely true.

Texas is HAWT and lately, rainy. So now it's steamy, gloomy and HAWT.

Onto more pressing matters.

First I'm going to make brief mention here about Triskelion. I've gotten an e-mail or two about this and I'm just going to say a couple of things. My book Sexylips66 was with Triskelion. I also had an anthology I was in and my title was Mac to the Future. I have no intention of changing them making it a little different and selling it to another e-pub (???). I hadn't been out and about much on the web except for to a couple of blogs, so that tidbit was new to me. I was paid in a timely fashion for my work. I took into consideration many discussions/suggestions from many sources and I tried to make the best, professionally based choice about what to do upon asking for reversion of my rights--time will tell if it was right. I wish everyone--authors, editors, and the staff of Triskelion the very best. I was sad to see its passing. Nuff said.

It's HAWT in Texas AND I found a stretch mark on my boob...

My son Cameron has suddenly developed a sense of ha-ha--Like I totally thought his genes were going to all be about his dad (sigh). However, as of late, he's like the snark-meister. The other day he was complaining he might be getting man-boobs from too much comp-time. So later in the week I asked him how his man-boobs were and he looked at me, grabbed said boobs like any experienced greased pole engineer, and sang, "My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard!" To which I nearly peed in my big-girl panties. I'm very, very proud to have passed on the gift of self-deprecating humor :)

And it's HAWT in Texas.

My oldest is still sans license. God only knows what I'll have to do to figure this out. Right now it's just me trying to figure out the best avenue to go when I file this mysterious paperwork so if I'm possibly missing something they claim they need (because we have a billion diff answers), and decide I'm not worthy because I didn't research it well enough, I won't lose anywhere from 250-545 bucks. Yeah, they can take yer cash and not give you a damned thing for it. Swell way to say thanks for your patronage, eh?

And it's HAWT in friggin' Texas, I have a stretch mark on my boob AND a killer forearm ache that won't go away.

I have new carpet in my office and bedroom. Yee and haw. What a fricken' day that was. First--I had no idea they couldn't move my electronics and naturally, my office and bedroom have the most shit this side of Kingdom Come. See me and my 71 year old mother moving my flat screens. But there was redemption for the mess. The one installer thought I was my oldest spawns SISTER. Well, it HAS been rainy in TX and it WAS gloomy that day--low lighting and all :)

It's HAWT in Texas.

I believe I have rosacea. I only have two million new afflictions since hitting 40, but this new one--well, this one makes me look like I have a mustache. Here's the deal. I tan really easily. I use sunscreen and reapply liberally, but living in Texas, like 2 feet from the sun, means it's frickin' HOT and SUNNY (not a lot lately, but when it is--look out). I do a lot of yard work because SOMEONE has to. Anyhoodles, I'm in my bathroom one day and I note my cheeks have dark spots. As I work more in the yard, I notice, over the course of the week, that I have this darkening on my upper lip. My eyesight sucks and I think, OMG--I need to start waxing... it stands to reason--I am over forty and hair happens on us over forty chicks. I'm not too freaked, but I'm not happy either. I'm not very hairy, but it's a rite of estrogen passage, yadda, yadda, yadda.

So I go to my fave salon and they go, um, why are you going to pay for a wax when you have nothing there. I'm like HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO--do you not see this? Yeah, my nice wax lady says and then she says, but it's not hair. Your skin is discolored... We get out the magnifying mirror (what did I do before I tried one of these?)--which might have left me relieved--except, it's still lookin' like a mustache. She says, I think it's rosacea. I'm not doctor, but you should go check it out. For God's sake--ENOUGH already. Isn't it enough that my bladder is swollen and ready to explode? I only use the facilities 9000 times a day. Isn't it enough that my hair is falling out and my joints feel like peanut brittle? Isn't it enough that I have EDEMA? My face swells up and to add to that fabulously attractive feature, I now have a MUSTACHE! And I have a mustache that isn't even really a pre-menopausal symptom--thus, excluding me from the PM club. I can't go on...

And it's HAWT in Texas.

I found a stretch mark on my boob. Due to the fact that I tan so easily, I caught it because well, it's white and I'm not so much anymore. Christ, I went through nine months of pregnancy and not a single issue. Now my boobs decide they're southern gals and don't want to go back to the north east and because they protest this with such vehemence, I have a stretch mark. Fine.

And most importantly--The title to my second book--The Accidental VAMPIRE happens to be someone else's. I mean, I don't want to be petty, cuz it's UBER unattractive in an author, but for God's sake, Jim--can I get a break here? LOLLOL. Actually, the nice lady who has it is Lynsay Sands and if I knew her personally, I'd snark her (lovingly and merely joking), but I don't and well, you know how some things can get out of hand--rumors fly--people talk. So I'll just say this--KNOCK IT OFF already. LOLLOL. My editor said we should come up with a new title. I say, er, yeah--she's a NYT bestseller and I'm one in my mind. She wins. Anyway, I think we're going with The Accidental Immortal, but no confirmation as of yet... and I'm not grudgin'. Besides, who could grudge when her cover for the book is FAB?

And last, but certainly NOT least. I'm in big like with Cindy Cruciger. Yep, she cracks me up. Didn't know who she was until RT when she said mean stuff about me, but i DO NOW. Sometimes I have NO clue what she's talking about, but it makes me laugh that I don't. I shall commence stalking accordingly :)

Dakota :)

22 Comments:

  • At 12:32 PM, Blogger Terri said…

    LMAO you are too damn funny woman !! about time you blogged (like I should talk)

     
  • At 1:17 PM, Blogger FerfeLaBat said…

    Ugh. I check every damned day for a blog update and when it finally happens ...

    The cool part is, this blog post is long enough that I can reread one section a day and then in reverse and have enough to entertain till the next decade when you finally post another blog.

    That doesn't sound like Rosacea? Hope it is nothing serious and easily fixed. Elvira must be ghostly pale all over ;-)

     
  • At 2:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Rosacea mustache? Get. Out.

    Send photos please.

    *g*

    Are you taking me bar hopping in Dallas? *bats lashes*

     
  • At 3:13 PM, Blogger Dakota Cassidy said…

    Ter, curtsy :)

    Oh, ferfe, Ferfe, my ferfedy-ferfe... I'm going away for a week and won't have much time to blog--so I figured I'd nail it all at once.

    And what DOES it sound like Dr. Cruciger?

    Jaci-Swear. To. God. LOLLOL. I don't know for sure that's it, but it's definitely something. And I will take you wherever you'd like to go as long as Ter, Michelle Hoppe and Michele Bardsley like you. They're my guests for the week and if like Michele B says--"God, I can't stand Jaci Burton"--then it's OVAH. LMAO

    I'm kidding and sure, we'll go wherever you'd like :)

    DC :)

     
  • At 3:34 PM, Blogger FerfeLaBat said…

    It was more a combination of the scary stare of sudden interest (rather like a cat suddenly catching sight of a mouse) and then the deep purr of anticipation. Seriously. Gave me chills.

    You were wearing all black. Blood red nails. Dark, wavy, just got out of bed after doing wicked things, hair.

     
  • At 3:40 PM, Blogger Dakota Cassidy said…

    Well, I am kinda stealth, Ferfe... Snort.

    And was my hair still wavy then? That was like 3 hours after I'd done it... Good, GOD, it was humid in houston.

    DC :)

     
  • At 4:58 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    It's HOT and rainy in La, also! LOL. The darkening spots do not sound like rosacea to me (that is a redness usually around the nose and cheeks). That sounds like sun spots that ladies develop as they get older and the sun effects them more and more. Get it checked to ease your mind. Good luck with the DMV. Cam sounds like he is a hoot.

     
  • At 5:15 PM, Blogger Michelle B said…

    Howdy DC! You sure wrote a lot for claiming nothing has been going on:P Thanks for the update. I've been in a bit of a blogging slump myself, but I've been trying to break out of it.

    And I feel your pain about the heat. I was in Arizona a couple weeks ago and am going back this week (to get things situated with my new apartment before I officially move) and man was it hot. My mom and I decided that we can tolerate the heat until it gets over 110 degrees, but over 100 is just way too hot.

     
  • At 5:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey, DC... is it hot down there?

    ;p

    DC said, Quietly, of course. I'm merely an observer. Snort.

    The quiet thing can bite you on the tail. Of course I tend to get into trouble or cause trouble wherever I go sooooo......

    ;p

    You doing RWA?

    I've mostly stayed on the sideliens with the Triskelion biz but they always dealt fairly with me. The authors who've mentioned 'repackaging' their book, I hope they realize they are risking their reputations in a big way. Best of luck to all the involved. It's a bad place to be.

    And Dakota... *G* i feel so loved. a blog post all for me... okay, me and erin.

     
  • At 6:27 PM, Blogger Jaynie said…

    Hey Cindy reads my blog, too - does that mean I'm big?

    I have stretch marks on my boobs, tummy, thighs and everywhere else. Dude did you not get those after having the freaken baby. Mine never went away.

    ...and I'm still rolling, picturing Cam with his man-boobs *snerk*

     
  • At 8:11 PM, Blogger Dakota Cassidy said…

    jaynie--no, I said I'm in big like--like I like her BIG. Snort.And no, I didn't get any stretch marks when I was preggers. I gained like22lbs and was all belly--so maybe that was it?

    B/C--noooooooooooo say it isn't so...

    Shi--I'm not really quiet--I was just joking. I'm Ms. Sociable--though I did have a moment there when I missed saying hello to someone cuz I was wrapped up in my Nina bangs experience. LOL

    I just meant I won't have a name tag--so most won't know it's me and I can watch and observe people I'm curious about all stealth-like.

    Yeahhhhh--that'll happen. LOL

    DC :)

     
  • At 8:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    nah, i can't see you the social butterfly... *G*

    I did kinda figure you were being sarcastic.

    Sounds like a book... THE NINA BANGS EXPERIENCE.... man,m i loved her book Cajun Hot... think that was the name

    heh heh heh

     
  • At 8:40 PM, Blogger Dakota Cassidy said…

    I know--me and quiet are an oxymoron. LOL

    Nina Bangs wrote something Cajun hot???????? Gasp--shi, I MUST know. I've only heard Cajun hot referred to with Sandra Brown--whom I also lirve.

    Title--I need a title!

     
  • At 9:29 PM, Blogger Erin the Innocent said…

    It's about damned time you blogged.

    OY You're gettin old with all this hair and age spots (or rosacea or however you spell it. Age spots makes me laugh though LOL)

     
  • At 10:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    crud... I got my ninas and nikitas wrong.

    there's a nikita black that wrote a book called Cajun Hot, it's on amazon, but she also writes under a pen name. thought it was nina bangs, but it looks like it was nina bruhns.

    regardless, it's an excellent book.

    :P go get it.

     
  • At 6:39 AM, Blogger FerfeLaBat said…

    Nina Bruhns writing as Nikita Black wrote Cajun Hot - awesome eBook. One of the first eBooks I ever bought.

    She has a new book out that just got a good RT review.

     
  • At 7:21 AM, Blogger Dakota Cassidy said…

    Oh, yes! I know nikita--nice lady.

    Erin--do NOT laugh at me in public. Snort.

    DC :)

     
  • At 8:08 AM, Blogger Mika Stevens said…

    OMG Dakota... Remind me to stay away from your blog while working. My boss is gonna have me committed!!

     
  • At 12:51 PM, Blogger FerfeLaBat said…

    Jaynie Me lurking your blog is actually a BAD thing in blogland. Where I go trouble follows. ;-) Ask anyone.

    Amy ~ Me too. And it's not something you want to have to explain to co-workers.

     
  • At 4:07 PM, Blogger Fiona Jayde said…

    LOL 'Kota, your blog is great! I gotta say I'm jealous though -- my mustache is the stuff of legends. As is the unibrow. Needless to say my salon ladies love me.

     
  • At 5:57 PM, Blogger Dakota Cassidy said…

    Oh, Ferfe--you keep saying that, but I don't see the problem? All that shouild matter is that I like you--really, is there anything else? LOL

    Amy, Amy, Amy--surely you didn't think you'd come here and cry, did you?

    hey, Fi! How goes it? You have the real, live mustache? OMG--I bow to your estrogen overload. LOL.

    DC :)

     
  • At 10:59 PM, Blogger Fiona Jayde said…

    Hiya D! Yes m'am I have a real mustache. And beard. And unibrow. Waxing is a beutiful thing.

    I went to the "lady" this weekend for something new. Nothing like a know-it-all whose job is to stick needles into your throat and chin and lip and god knows what else. I was holding on for dear life onto that f-ing grounding sponge.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger