Monday, January 15, 2007

You must not know 'bout me

K, so the other night I was all flipping channels cuz I was BORED. I happen upon a live concert featuring Beyonce. I'm all for her Booty-licious-ness, but I don't know that I ever truly paid attention to the level of performance she gives.

She was in Japan and all I know is girl can rock da house. She skips around that stage with 3 inch heels like she's in her Nikes, doing some stuff I do believe would leave me in a puddle on the floor AND she sings crystal clear while she does it. Not to mention, she looks incredible and kudos to her for wearing colors IN her color wheel. LOLLOL

I don't know that I ever caught how truly beautitiful her voice was before this and I hadn't heard this song before I watched her concert. How I missed it with a 16 year old Beyonce rabid luster in my house escapes me... Her all girl band is kick ass too.

When I heard her sing this song (Irreplaceable), live, I thought, well, dayum--if that doesn't sum it all up, then I don't know what does. It empowered me. My favorite part of the lyrices are--"you just don't know 'bout me, you just don't know 'bout me. I could have another you in a minute. Matter fact he'll be here in a minute..."

I've come to this particular point in my life--yeah, it took me a long, ugly divorce, but I'm all in the know now. LOLLOLOL. I get it and sometimes I want to shout it from rooftops. I'm so far from the pathetic, ex housewife I was, I don't even remember that woman.

The beauty of it is, R knows it too. it keeps him on his toes. LMAO

I really think this is the attitude we should all take (women AND men) because no one who treats ya like crap is irreplaceable. When your boundaries are pushed, push the hell back.

As to Beyonce, well, I'm officially a fan now. If she has a concert 'round these here parts, I'll be there. Lighter in hand and all :)



Dakota :)

9 Comments:

  • At 6:38 PM, Blogger Anne said…

    Irreplaceable is my favorite Beyonce song EVER. I just love it... to the left, to the left, everything you own in a box to the left. Woo hoo.

     
  • At 8:19 PM, Blogger Dakota Cassidy said…

    don't you ever get to thinkin' yer irreplaceable...

    Hot song!

    DC :)

     
  • At 8:18 AM, Blogger Kate Johnson said…

    ...I don't know the song, but I sure as hell agree with the sentiment!

     
  • At 10:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Me, Myself & I was my personal theme song this time last year! Liked "Girl" too, with all of 'em in DC.

    She's beautiful, sexy and CUTE at the same time. Makes her very non-threatening to women, despite how hot she is. I think this is part of why so many chicks adore her, as opposed to just digging her.

     
  • At 8:20 PM, Blogger Cafe Cats said…

    Girl that's HOT! I love that vid, and I've never even thought about listening to Beyonce. "I could have another you in a minute." oh heck yeah!

     
  • At 1:31 PM, Blogger Jo said…

    I'm going to be murdered..... I don't like Beyonce. *runs from knives being thrown* I did when she was in Destiny's Child (ha DC...) but then she went solo, and I stopped listening.

     
  • At 7:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That is too funny, D - I always think of you when I hear this song.

    I think it will become a classic, "I will survive" for the 2000-decade.

    She is absolutely beautiful, makes no bones about the fact that she has curves and loves to eat, and has real talent.

     
  • At 1:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    How empowered is she? Quote from Dakota Friday night: "I love Zamfir."

    Not only did she say it out loud... she meant it.

    I don't care how empowered you are, that's just something NOBODY should say out loud.

    ~R - The Champ

     
  • At 1:28 AM, Blogger Dakota Cassidy said…

    Um, punkin'? Do you really want me to tell the nice folks about the meal we just came back from at The Macaroni grill where you wrote I love you on a paper tablecloth while I was in the bathroom?

    Er, I think I have the POWER!!!! LOLLOLLOLLOL

    DC :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger