Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Rage against the MACHINE

That perfectly describes my mom. She's a zealot about some stuff and it makes me NUTS. it's probably why I'm so not controversial. Sometimes I can't see what the fuss is all about.

However, my mother, now 71, is bored and she loves, loves, loves a good spar like the mob loves cement mixers.

So I get a note the other day from our hood association. No trash cans can be visible from the road. I thought well, huh. How stupid. it's not like I'm standing naked by the fence or anything. THEN I could see the problem. Surely complaints would come in in droves.

Then I notice all my other neighbors have theirs out by their fences too and I think, another HUH. But like the dutiful, non-controversial woman I am, I put it behind the fence.

Well, mom wants to know WHY--she read the letter as meaning we can't leave the trash can at the end of the driveway because my son forgot to bring it up. I disagree and she then points out that all the other neighbors have theirs out... so HAH!

So I say, well, how about we avoid a problem and live in peace with the association, k?

Er, not so okay. Mom trudges over to the neighbors, steam pouring from her ears and comes back 20 minutes later. Indeed, they did mean our can should be behind the fence. And the entire neighborhood is in an uproar. They all got letters too.

For the love of GOD--over trash cans? Now I agree, it's a PITA to drag it in and out--it tears up the grass ect, but come on.

I say to mom that these association people are like the kids who didn't get nominated in HS for class president. They have nothing better to do than drive around the hood and LOOK for trouble. However, we are NOT getting involved.

Oh, really, says mom with a firm set of her lips and a narrowed gaze at ME.

I can see it now--petitions, naked picketing, uprisings against the evil, dark force that is THE ASSOCIATION...

I told her we'd compromise. We'll do a silent protest and put our can BACk out in front of the fence, but if she gets involved, I'm going to yank her esophegous (SP?) out through her nostrils.

Do you feel that was too harsh? LOLLOLLOLLOL

DC :)

10 Comments:

  • At 4:25 PM, Blogger Michelle said…

    "Do you feel that was too harsh? LOLLOLLOLLOL"

    YES!


    I say you let mom go do her thang, darlin. I can't wait til she uses her "you look like" voice with one of dem association wacko's. I want front row seats ~grinz~

     
  • At 6:16 PM, Blogger Maura Anderson said…

    LOL

    Give your mom the okay to go after them. That is LAME.....

    Selling tickets?

     
  • At 6:40 PM, Blogger Jaynie said…

    wahoo - go Mrs C. Tell her I think she should run for President of the Association and kick all their asses from within.

     
  • At 7:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    harsh? maybe. a little graphic? yeah...

    ;p

    DC, if your mom pickets naked will you please keep us up to date? That oughta get interesting

     
  • At 7:47 PM, Blogger Erin the Innocent said…

    No not at all harsh. You've been practicing subtlety haven't you? LOL

     
  • At 7:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think your mom should run for HOA president....LOL

    I am sure her agenda would be more ambitious than trash cans....

     
  • At 8:52 AM, Blogger Sam said…

    Oh too Funny!!
    I'm definitely in the 'live and let live' catagory - I refuse to get involved when my neighbors got in their spat about the dogs...I won't go into it, suffice to say it was Petty. LOL
    I hate associations with a passion, but I suppose there has to be some place for those kids who always dreamed of being class president, hallway monitor, and policeman all at the same time! Right?

     
  • At 8:55 AM, Blogger Dakota Cassidy said…

    You know, it shows that there's only one comment--yet there are five. Blogger is a DISASTER!

    And nooooooo--uh-uh. I like to lay low. I don't need any trouble and mom is good for some. And she can't come to blogger right now--she's tied up upstairs because you thought the nostril thing was TOO HARSH. LMAO

    DC :)

     
  • At 9:48 PM, Blogger Jo said…

    ok seriously.... a fricken trash can.... just do what your neighbors are doing.... if they leave it in front of the fence, just do the same.... also.... would it be wrong to build a little "hide your trashcan" fence right at the end of your driveway?? haha that would piss em off.... or how bout just leaving some garbage out there.... hahahahhahahahahha i like to kick and scream and bite and anything else I can do to rebel.... which is odd... i never did it when i lived with my mum.

     
  • At 11:41 PM, Blogger Terri said…

    Let Mom loose on those surburban Nazi's !!!

    and it is esophagus, not that I can spell for shit I just keep an online dictionary bookmarked.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger