Sunday, January 07, 2007

My first stint as a PROMO 'HO

Sigh--okay, so I have like, ohhhhhhhhh, 13 months until my book comes out. However, I suck at this. LOL. I can't even get my sig line to work in Eudora--so to expect me to be savvy enough to promote a book and promote it well is just caaa-razy.

So do me a favor--DO NOT MOCK ME. Just pat me on the head and call me a tard behind my back. LOLLOL. I'm not going to inundate you with PROMO because I was a reader once too and I hated that whole--Wow, I loved hearing about your book, I'mthebestwriterintheworld and I can see the similarities to my book because I'mabetterwriterthan you, kinda gig. I'm not here to even attempt it.

Hell, I'm still reeling from the whole thing. I'm humbled and honored, but still questioning if everyone passed the sanity test when they read it. LOLLOL. I probably shouldn't crack wise like that because my new editor is uber-uber-nice, but I suspect she can take a joke if she read my book and liked it. So I'm going with my intuition here :)

Oh, and this is Dakota on her knees before my new editor, head bowed in reverence and awe, chanting--"I'm not worthy. I'm not worthy."

Soooo--The Accidental Werewolf is the first book in a two part gig. That comes out in Feb 08. The second is The Accidental Vampire-- out August 08. Subject to change if in fact this nice editor realizes she made some sort of fluky mistake. LOL. They're both mainstream romances. I'm sorta stepping out of the familiar realm of erotic and jumping in both feet to the very sexy mainstream pool.

I'm a whole lotta FREAKED OUT because this means I have to finish the book. I know. I'm nodding right along with you. Scary, eh? It means it'll be out in the big 'ole world. Scarier still...

Anyhoodles--I thought I'd share the blurb with ya--actually, it's kind of a LONG blurb, but it's what I sent with the first five chapters of the book, along with a proposal--which, thanks to Jaci Burton, I found out how to write. This book is definitely lighthearted. No angst--a lotta craziness. However, I dig my heroine Marty. She's a little work driven, a little wonky (no way!) and overall, taking a journey that's utterly outrageous :)The idea for my heroine's professsion and her cosmetic-selling rabidity came from the RWA convention in 2004. There was a convention of Mary Kay folk there with us and they're perfectly lovely ladies--I just took it a step further. I know, another go figure.

So here goes nuthin'--The Accidental Werewolf coming from Berkley Sensation--Feb 08

Marty Andrews has had a bad week.

A very bad week, indeed.

First, she’s bitten by a mangy mutt while walking her precious teacup poodle, Muffin. As a result, her salon-perfect blonde hair begins darkening by the day to a color that’s sooo not in her color wheel. Her mood swings have turned her into a bitch on wheels and the icing on the cake? The hair on her legs is growing at a bionic rate even a body slam into an entire vat of wax can’t cure.

Lastly, but most importantly, her dream job at Bobbie-Sue Cosmetics as a door-to door Sales Consultant is well on its way to hell in a hand basket, just when she was this close to attaining the highest level on the cosmetics color wheel of success too.

Go figure…

However, the yummylicious Keegan Flaherty has the answer to all of Marty’s woes and it has nothing to do with a dog biting her. He says he’s the one who bit her and he’s not a dog at all. No siree. Keegan says he’s a werewolf and by proxy, Marty is now too. Ya know, like the bay at the moon, eat rare meat kinda werewolf? And being the upstanding guy Keegan is, he’s offered to help Marty embrace her inner werewolf along with her new family, er, pack.

But Marty won’t have any of Keegan’s explanations. Her life was just fine before this man—who’s clearly indulged in his fair share of recreational pharmaceuticals—came knocking with his tales of lunacy that are right out of a Steven Spielberg movie, and it’ll be just fine now. Even if she ends up having to shave her legs twice a day.

Yet, Marty can’t deny the trouble she’s in when she’s kidnapped by some unknown thugs, turns into The Hormonal Hulk and has to call on Keegan, of all the lunatics in the world, to save her. No matter how cute the lunatic is.

With her life in danger, Keegan isn’t willing to let Marty go back to her apartment in New York alone. In order to protect her, he brings his very hesitant, fledgling werewolf back to his home near Buffalo.

Then things go from bad to worse.

The Lunar Council doesn’t like this accidental werewolf at all, neither does the hot babe originally slated to be Keegan’s lifemate. All sorts of crazy things are happening to Marty, including her wild attraction to Keegan.

Oh, and crazier still? Someone wants Marty toe up in the morgue…


Deep, eh? LMAO

Dakota :)

16 Comments:

  • At 8:26 PM, Blogger Erin the Innocent said…

    *g* This is gonna be so good! (the parts I've seen are already way good)

     
  • At 8:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Kota,

    Do you know how loooonnnnnggggg that is? Bugger, love the blurb though...can't wait to get it.

    Hugs!!

     
  • At 2:44 PM, Blogger Harlot said…

    Dakota, congrats about the book! Lovely blurb. ;)

     
  • At 4:18 PM, Blogger Kelly said…

    As a result, her salon-perfect blonde hair begins darkening by the day to a color that’s sooo not in her color wheel.

    I'm at work right now, but when I read that line I started laughing so hard my patrons gave me strange looks. Thank God I wasn't drinking or eating anything. :-)

     
  • At 4:37 PM, Blogger Dakota Cassidy said…

    Kelly--OMG! How are you?

    Thanks, ladies for all the kind words--we'll just hafta wait and see, eh?

    DC :)

     
  • At 2:06 PM, Blogger Diane M. said…

    I can't wait to read it.

     
  • At 4:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sounds good to me hon, and you know I am waiting with baited breath.....

    What the heck is a smenita?? that is my word verification to post this comment. Is that something naughty? It sounds kind of gross, like smegma.....

     
  • At 8:08 AM, Blogger Cafe Cats said…

    I LOVE the blurb, Dakota! I HATE the release dates! I'm going to have to pester the daylights out of Berkley to get an ARC. Congrats again, can't wait!

     
  • At 8:46 AM, Blogger Dakota Cassidy said…

    Hery, P and Diane and Anni!

    It IS a long wait, but then the second is only 6 months after. Putting it in Feb gave me the shot to hang onto this following I'm supposed to garner. HAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

    Thanks, ladies!

    DC :)

     
  • At 10:06 PM, Blogger Brit Blaise said…

    well, crap! I did a long comment and lost it and that's not like me..the lenght, not the losing it. I can't do it again.
    Come see my blog for the great news about Warriors Gone Wild!
    http://britblaise.com/blog/?p=50

     
  • At 2:13 AM, Blogger Jo said…

    Miss Dakota.... 13 months eh?? I think in 13 months I will be right about 21. Yup. 21 on feb. 2, 2008.... damn right i'm young.... i don't want it though..... I have to sit and watch my recently ex-boyfriend (christmas... yeah you read that right.... christmas) flirt with other girls.... your books are awesome (well the ones i've read) I'm ganna go cry now...

     
  • At 10:58 AM, Blogger Dakota Cassidy said…

    Oh, Kink... I'm sorry, but if he broke up with you--he wasn't worthy of you. So forget him. LOL

    No crying now--it's bad for your eyes, honeybuns :)

    Brit--thanks for popping in. Daun Ann--no, I missed seeing my pet bull. It rained a lot and I never had the chance to walk much.

    However, I'm sure he yearned for me from the pasture. LMAO

    DC :)

     
  • At 2:38 PM, Blogger Amie Stuart said…

    Dakota congrats on your sale!!!!! I'm so tickled for you!

     
  • At 9:09 PM, Blogger Dakota Cassidy said…

    Thanks, Aimee! I appreciate ya dropping by :)

    Er, no. They don't know about the tiaras. not YET. LMAO

    Thanks, darlin'!

    DC :0

     
  • At 10:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm just sitting here reading your blurb and grinning my ass off.

    This book is going to ROCK!

    I get to read it early, right? *g*

     
  • At 11:01 AM, Blogger Dakota Cassidy said…

    LOL, Jaci! I'll tell you what, you show me your ARC, I'll show you mine. LOLLOL

    Besides, don't I need author quotes from the big guys? So, er, yeah, count yourself in, baby :)

    Hugs,
    DC :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger