Wednesday, December 13, 2006

When will our eyes meet?

February 14th, 2007. Yes, that's right, Valentines Day.

When can I touch you?

As long as several bodygaurds don't try to prevent me, the above date. LOL

When will I see you again?

9:00 p.m. Pacific Standard time

When will this strong yearning ennnnnnnnnd?

When I hit the Hilton hotel floors runnin' :)


center.



Yes, I am going to be in the SECOND row of the Barry Manilow concert. I'm going to vie for the top spot in the "Can't Smile Without You" girl contest ( I hope he still does that, otherwise, it could be ugly, yes?). And if it's the last thing I do, I'm going to be the girl he sings to :) I hope no little old ladies are hurt in the making. LMAO

If Barry takes me up on stage and sings to me, well, then I can die happy. I'll be a complete and utter mess. I'll sob like the pansy ass I am, but whatever happens after that is all cake as far as I'm concerned.

So, Mr. Manilow, prepare--because--it's Daybreak, when you hear that One Voice singing in the darkness--it'll be ME. I Made It Through The Rain and paid a fortune to do it too. I'll shake my booty to the Copacabana like it's a morraca (sp?), Tryin' To Get The Feelin' Again cuz It's A Miracle I'm even getting to see you with the price of those tickets.

Did I mention the price of those tickets? They were more than A Weekend In New England, trust me. I wonder--if my name was Mandy, ya think I could get a break? Never you mind, I'll just Read 'Em on my CC and Weep. I'm all in, baby. I sure hope you're ready for me. Could it Be Magic we create when your eyes meet mine for the first time in almost thirty years? it damned well better be for the amount of money I paid to see said eyes. LOLLOL

However, I'm Ready to Take A Chance Again. This concert is going to be different. If R gets sloshed, I'll leave his ass in a New York City Rhythm. I Don't Want To Walk Without You, honey, but rest assured, I WILL if it means seeing my Barry in blessed, alcohol- free peace.

So, I plan to Jump, Shout, Boogie--cuz it Looks Like We Made It!

DC :)




9 Comments:

  • At 10:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dakota,

    Congrats on the Manilow seats. Although B no longer does Can't Smile in his Vegas shows, you will, without a doubt, be absotively blown away by his performance! It's well worth that mortgage, trust me. For tons of photos and info on B, check out www.manilowsmodems.com and join the free online fan club by clicking on the join button on the site. I promise you will meet some great people there.

     
  • At 10:30 AM, Blogger Dakota Cassidy said…

    He doesn't do the Can't Smile Without you girl anymore????????????

    OMG--say it isn't so. How can this be? Does he do, say, a Could it Be The Magic Girl?

    I can be whatever girl he wants me to be. LOLLOL

    Thanks for the tip!

    DC :)

     
  • At 10:59 AM, Blogger MoonStone said…

    Hi Dakota,
    You will have a great time for sure! It is true he doesn't do the Can't Smile anymore. However, he does pick a lady for a slow dance while he sings on Are You Lonesome Tonight! There's a good chance you will even get to dance and shake his hand during "Copa" too.

    Lucky you!
    moonstone~ilbm

     
  • At 12:06 PM, Blogger Dakota Cassidy said…

    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, ilmb, say it ain't so.

    How could he nix the can't smile without you girl song??? It's sacriledge. LOL

    Thanks for dropping in :)

    DC :)

     
  • At 4:34 PM, Blogger Dakota Cassidy said…

    Thanks, B/C!! I'm uber-excited.

    OKay, some Manilow fans--please tell me he at least SINGS the Can't smile song. I will perish if he doesn't... LOL

    DC :)

     
  • At 6:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Awesome tickets Dakota, you'll have a blast at the concert.

    Diane M.

     
  • At 4:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am SO jealous! I hope you have a fab time and get lots of memories to share

     
  • At 11:58 AM, Blogger Harlot said…

    LOL Dakota! That's amazing. Not a fan of Barry but like everyone else knows of his songs. ;P I know this is too early, heh, but have an uber fantabulous time! :D

     
  • At 12:58 AM, Blogger Sam said…

    Sounds like FUN!
    Say Hi to Barry for me!
    HUGS
    Sam

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger