Friday, December 22, 2006

No freakin' way!

Okay, so--had the most surreal morning. And I do mean SURREAL.

I've been working on proposal number two for my agent to keep busy while proposal number 1 is out and about. It just went out recently, and being the patient girl I am, I truly don't expect to hear anything until like next millennium. Cuz, well, it is a DAKOTA book. LMAO. I have to tell you, I don't know how it even got out when I think it's so preposterous that I even consider stringing a whole sentence together. Don't you agree? LOLLOL

Anyhoodles, I ask my agent if she thinks I should gear it toward mainstream or erotica. Cuz ya know, I began in erotic and I can do the naughty. However, I can tone down the girly bits ect in a mainstream. So she e-mails me back and says mainstream fer sure. I say okey-doke and then I tell her, if I don't hear from ya before the holidays--you have a good one.

Sooooo, she e-mails back and says--Oh, I think you'll hear from me before then--I think I'll have some wonderful, wonderful news for you.

Sooooooo--I say, HUH? Talk to me. I'm thinking maybe Jerry Springer wants me to like make an appearance on his show about divorced moms turned erotic romance writers or something caaa-razy like that.

Five seconds later--the phone rings--I look at my caller ID--it's my agent. I don't know that I'm clearly thinking at this point (hush!) and all I can think is, I must've done something BAD. I know she said wonderful, but that word eludes me as I press the talk button. I just know I'm in deep kim-chee.

Like way bad kimchee--cuz she's calling ME. I run through a million heinous cyber acts in my mind. Did I insult someone? did I send a mean e-mail? Have I caused a flame war and I'm now being called to task? LOLLOL

Er, no.

It was about a two book deal with Berkley. They like me.

yeah, I know--that's what I'm thinking--CAAAAA-RAZY right?

But I swear, it's all true and she said I could tell anyone I wanted to.

So, after much screaming--jumping up and down--crying--telling my agent I'd give her the biggest, fattest sloppiest kiss evah if she were here--I'm still in shock.

So there are thanks in order here-to many, many people.

First, Rob--who knows how to think up a KILLA title and has supported me in more ways than I can count this year. You rock, babe :)

My agent-Deidre Knight--who played Santa Claus for me today and squueeeed right along with me. She believed in my zaniness and always, I'll be grateful for that.

My crit partners, plot partners, test readers and just in general some awesome friends. Maura, Erin, Jaynie, Michelle, Isy, Renee, Elisa, AQ, Sheri, Kira. You dudes don't know how much it's meant to me to know you believed in me and were willing to read my book :)

Some of my biggest supporters--Angela Knight (see? I told you I knew her. LOLLOL), Kate Douglas, Cassie Walder, Treva Harte, Diane Whiteside, MT, Doreen, Shelby Morgan, Morgan Hawke, Sahara Kelly, Ann Jacobs, Shells Bells. You've been good friends to me over the last two years and your advice, friendship and love are things I hold very dear :)

And Jaci Burton--who explained what the hell a proposal is to me. Cuz, ya know, I'm all writer non-savvy. LOLLOL. You RULE :)

And of course the people who read my books. There is a certain sort of validation for me knowing folks have laughed when they read a book of mine. When I get an e-mail that says, you cracked me up--thanks. Or when I get a review that says my characters were hilarious--well, it only makes me want to make more people smile. I'm not in this to do much more than entertain you. I want you to giggle, find the funny along with me. Enjoy a few moments of wacky with your beverage of choice.

That I'll now be able to do that with The Accidental Werewolf and it's sequel--well, color me tickled all sorts a pink :)

Love,
DC :)

27 Comments:

  • At 2:23 PM, Blogger Maura Anderson said…

    I TOLD YOU SO!!!!!!!

     
  • At 2:25 PM, Blogger Michelle said…

    hmmm honey, are all the shades of pink in yer color wheel? just checkin ~smiles~

     
  • At 3:34 PM, Blogger Jaynie said…

    ditto on what Maura said.

    *still squealing*

     
  • At 4:05 PM, Blogger Michelle B said…

    Congrats again, DC!

     
  • At 8:06 PM, Blogger Erin the Innocent said…

    I SO FREAKING TOLD YOU SO!!! :) That is so cool!

     
  • At 11:03 PM, Blogger Emma Petersen said…

    Woot! Congrats! Talk about one heck of a Christmas present! May all your holidays be as exciting as this one!

     
  • At 11:51 PM, Blogger Dakota Cassidy said…

    Thanks, everyone! Honest to goodness-- coulda never done it without ya. Like never :)

    And thanks, Emma for dropping by!

    DC :)

     
  • At 3:50 AM, Blogger Elisa said…

    HUGE Congrats!!!!! I'm so happy for you. :)

     
  • At 9:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    OMG! Dakota! I'm so happy for you! I loved your book with the stupid dirty made up word f*cktard in it and I've loved all your stuff since! I heard about the AK/agent thing and I hoped you'd get a deal. I'm so glad you did.. what a wonderful Christmas gift for you! I wish you all the best. Merry Christmas and just WHOOHOOOO!!

     
  • At 1:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I can't think of anyone who deserves this more than you, honey.

    And what a kickass Christmas present.

    You're gonna be a shining star in NY, babes.

    Hugs and kisses and Merry Christmas. Enjoy this.

    Smooches!

     
  • At 1:54 PM, Blogger Isabella Jordan said…

    itoldyousoitoldyousoitoldyousoitoldyousoitoldyousoitoldyouso....LMAO

     
  • At 2:29 PM, Blogger Dakota Cassidy said…

    Thank you, Jenna and yeah, I used fucktard in this too. How crazy, huh? LOLLOL

    Jaci, doll--had it not been for you-the proposal thing would have utterly eluded me. You don't know the help you gave me by telling me what in God's creations I was supposed to do. LMAO

    Thanks, guys! I'm still pretty pumped :)

    DC :)

     
  • At 7:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    OMG !!!!!!! Congrats Dakota. Have your feet hit the floor yet?

     
  • At 7:08 PM, Blogger Dakota Cassidy said…

    Not yet, darlin'. LMAO

    I'm sort of floating as I type :)

    Thanks!

    DC :)

     
  • At 7:14 PM, Blogger Kris said…

    Yeah, huge congrats!!! What a Christmas present, so happy for you!

     
  • At 12:29 AM, Blogger Stacy~ said…

    I heard this from BadBarb - major congrats to you! What a great present :)

     
  • At 7:34 AM, Blogger Lara Adrian said…

    Hey, Dakota! I saw your wonderful news on Jaci's blog and just wanted to pop in and add my big congrats on your sale!! That's awesome, and I can't wait to read your books!!

    Have a great holiday--and, wow, how can you NOT?! :)

    WTG!!!

     
  • At 8:31 AM, Blogger Dakota Cassidy said…

    Thanks, Lara and Stacy and anyone I might have missed because my eyes are still crossed from this caaa-razy event. LOLLOL

    DC :)

     
  • At 6:59 PM, Blogger charleneteglia said…

    Squeeeee! Congratulations!

     
  • At 7:28 PM, Blogger Dakota Cassidy said…

    SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, indeed, Charlene!

    Thank you :)

    DC :)

     
  • At 11:10 PM, Blogger Nalini Singh said…

    Congratulations, Dakota! :) I saw this on Jaci's blog too and had to come over and squee with you!

     
  • At 7:19 AM, Blogger Dakota Cassidy said…

    Thank you, Nalini! Saw your book cover and heard all the hype about your book--I picked it up the other day, along with Jaci's. I hope to get the chance to read it over this week when I'm in MI.

    So glad you dropped by!

    DC :)

     
  • At 10:17 AM, Blogger Sam said…

    I've been waiting for this news for AGES!!!!
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

     
  • At 10:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

    OMG OMG OMG!

    Amazing news, Dakota! Can't wait to read it!

     
  • At 1:05 PM, Blogger Ann said…

    Hey Dakota! Congratu-frickin-lations! I knew as soon as I heard Deidre signed you you'd be a staaaaaaah!! Love the title, hon. Will you be at RT this year? Lemme buy you a drink.

    Doin' a major happy dance,

    ~Ann

     
  • At 9:09 PM, Blogger Sierra Dafoe said…

    Short and sweet -- YEEEEEEEEEE-HAH, DAKOTA!!!!!!


    -- Sie

     
  • At 9:49 PM, Blogger Dakota Cassidy said…

    Sam, Anni, Ann, Julia and Sierra--thanks, ladies!

    I'm pretty stoked :)

    Hugs,
    DC :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger