Saturday, October 14, 2006

Alsups

That's the name of a sort of Hooterville's version of the 7-Eleven. It means all supplies. I think it does, anyway.

Here's why Alsups is involved in this blog.

Soooooo today R officially moved into his double wide in the country on 10 acres. I gotta tell ya, it's uber-peaceful out there and his house is cute. Well, except for the countertops in the kitchen.

His double wide is used--so whomever did the countertops clearly OD'd on DIY and had too many magueritas one night and thought--"Hey, let's purdy up da joint." It didn't work out so well... S'okay, though. We can fix. LOLLOL.

Anyway, it's nice and with a little love and decorating, it'll be a palace fit for R and his queen. The queen being me. LOL.

Yes, there will come a time when we live together. If things keep going the way they're going, anyway. Yes, it will be after my sons move out. I won't be able to afford this house forever. So they'd damned well better get careers right after graduation. But that's the purported deadline. That means Dakota shows up, wardrobe in hand, suitcase of cosmetics trailing behind her. Oh, and my shoes. Naturally, I need my shoes. Snort.

However, how I'll arrive there is of much internal debate for me as of late. I thought we'd live together. Like maybe. Kind of. Then as our relationship grew, I'd find myself considering permanancy. You know the kind I mean... Well, the other night we're driving back from wherever and I play the game we always play. The when Dakota comes to live with R game. I have to protect myself and all my wordly goods--so I always ask the really HARD questions and I love to decorate. Guys don't so much. I just need to know I can have some breathing room is all.

So I play the game. The the game where I say, "Honey? When we live together, can I bring my fill in the blank and put it in your fill in the blank." Or when I say, "Honey? When we live together, will you get upset with me if I clean up your piles?" R is a pile man--me? not so much. I'm happy to put it away--as long as he doesn't get pissy about it--we're good :)

And more often than not, he says, "Yes, Bunny. You can do whatever you want." I smile and put it away in my "remember R said you could" box. Cuz I might need it later for ammo, ya know? LOL

So this particualr night I play the game, but this time I say, "Honey? When we get married --" Yeah, I know-- I can't believe I said that either. I cough, sputter, choke. R smiles, quietly gloats and holds my hand, soothingly caressing it while I gasp for breath.

He only niggles me sometimes about it. See, I'm the one who's afraid to ever tie the knot again. Getting out is HELL--Getting TO out, bigger hell still. In my plethora of insecurities, it means spinning the roulette wheel to see if in the end -- you find out the person you married really IS a shit -- and gambling on how much you're going to get to keep of the stuff that was supposed to be "both of yours" when you find out he's a shit. I don't like that. What's mine is mine... and I want to keep it. I might want to keep some of what we collect in connubial bliss too. So I ask. And R is a Prince C harming among mere mortals. it isn't that he isn't marriage worthy--or that if I hadn't been whipped to a frenzy by divorce that I wouldn't be wanting to know why he wasn't on his knees proposing this far into our relationship. R is the best. He's my perfect fit. it's not him that has the trouble--it's me. me, me, me and my fear that my stuff will go the way of a white sale at Macy's. Out da door slicker than snot from a runny nose in winter.

Yet, R isn't like me at all. He considers me in everything he does when it comes to his life, his plans, his new living space. He always says I can do whatever I want with the double wide. But I think that's cuz he hasn't had anyone take everything from him yet. LOLLOL. Though, I will admit, I'm more and more comfy with the idea of sharing space. We did it not long ago under a tough circumstance--for an extended period of time. it was crazy stressful, but R was the champ he always is and it didn't break us. We didn't have a single fight and all I can tell you is now that he goes to his space and I go to mine again, we miss each other. If we don't see each other everyday, we get whiny--tragically so.

So, back to Alsups. On our trip from his apartment to his new house, we stop at this place for something to drink and gas. We go inside and he comes to stand by me at the counter after he gets our drinks and gives me a kiss, putting his arm around me. The nice lady at the counter says, "Aw, you make a cute couple."

I smile and say thanks and she says, "How long have you been married?"

I say, "we're not." Cuz I'm always the first to remind everyone of that. I always joke with R that people must think we're having an affair. We frequent a lot of eateries and we meet for lunch and stuff in the afternoon and we're all kisses and shit. I know the fine folk at Jason's Deli think we're having an affair because we hold hands across the table in daylight hours. LOL

Soooooo---HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. That's R's response to the nice lady--to which the nice lady thinks he's the one balking at marriage and of course, I need to set her straight. Before I say a word she says, "I'm sorry. Touchy subject for him?"

I laugh and say, "No. Touchy for me."

And she says, "I'm sorry, sometimes I say too much, but if you're not married now, you'll be his wife in the future. I'm sort of psychic. (sp)" Or something to that effect.

I smile again and leave in a BIG hurry. Tee hee :)

R's all moved in now and I came home tonight afterward, logged on to let him know I was home on IM, and we said our usual, gushung, pathetic goodnight. He says, "Goodnight, Future Wife." followed by oodles of those kisses.

And it made my belly do a half-gainer. The whole "wife" thing, yea know?

Oy
and
Vey.
I'm in DEEP.
LOL

DC :)

9 Comments:

  • At 12:36 AM, Blogger Maura Anderson said…

    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT

    Dakota said the M word!
    Dakota said the M word!

    Seriously - been there and I understand but I'd be shocked if it didn't happen!

    And the comfy couch is always available!

    *runs off to shop for bridesmaid tiaras*

     
  • At 5:14 AM, Blogger Vikky said…

    BIG dreamy sigh... Dakota would make the most beautiful bride while getting maried to R! I know I wanna see it. :)

     
  • At 9:14 AM, Blogger Dakota Cassidy said…

    Dakota is NOT a bride yet. She simply muttered the "M" word in a freak moment of couple-like bliss. LOL

    DC :)

     
  • At 11:45 AM, Blogger Jenna Leigh said…

    Aw c'mon.. you know you wanna be the--you know I'm gonna say it, after all, I'm a redneck girl from Louisiana,and I am tapped into all them hawnky tawnk songs, after all.. *grins*
    THE QUEEN OF HIS DOUBLE WIDE TRAILER!!
    Do it.. say these fateful words..
    I Do. I did it again, and hey, my baby is the best second time around man you'd ever wanna meet. *sighs* I uh.. I gotta go.. Oooh Hubbbyyy!!

     
  • At 11:48 AM, Blogger Dakota Cassidy said…

    Thanks, Marissa. LOLLOL

    Kira--I know, I know LMAO. and NO WAY would I ever propose. Nevah, nevah, nevah. I'm an old faShioned girl. Tee hee :)

    And yeah, yeah, Jenna. I listen to Sammy too. LOL

    DC :)

     
  • At 5:32 PM, Blogger Michelle said…

    Alsups...there was one is Sachse where I lived and not far from there was the best damn barbeque joint in fifteen states. They understood that I like slaw on my bbq. Oh, and then there was this little Asian place that made the best biscuits, if you could call them biscuits in the world. That was in another life when I was throwing papers to get my ass outta debt.

    But you know what Kota? I think you've found your man, now you've got to let go and let yourself have some fun. Ya know? You ARE in Texas.

    Hugs,
    Sammie

     
  • At 9:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hmmm.... I guess I don't need to say anything here... :D

    ~R - THE CHAMP

     
  • At 12:00 AM, Blogger Sam said…

    What kind of tiara does one get for the queen of the double wide trailer?

    ;-)

     
  • At 12:00 AM, Blogger Dakota Cassidy said…

    I dunno, Sam, but it better be BIG. LOL. I think I get a six-pack of beer too :)

    Sammie? This is as let go as I get. SNORT

    DC :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger