Saturday, September 09, 2006

In memory of 9/11

No matter your beliefs on the war in Iraq--no matter your religion, political origins, I hope you'll find it in your heart to say a prayer--send a good thought for the victims and their families of 9/11.

I will never forget that day five years ago. At the time I lived in New Jersey and my ex was traveling along the highways that led into the city for work. I will never forget the images, forever burned into my memory, coming from the TV. I will never forget the panic, the phone calls to neighbors who had husbands, mothers, fathers, cousins, children trapped in the towers--on planes -- on the bridges leading into the city.

Yet, my journey that day will never compare to those who have suffered imeasurable loss, sorrow, and the black hole of waiting for the unknown. Know that I wept with you, prayed with you, kept vigil alongside of you, even though my impact may not have been direct.

To all who've been touched by the tragedy this day brought, may you find peace, comfort and a quiet place to remember the joy you once shared with your loved one. Set aside the media speculation, sensationalism, controvesy this tragic event dealt you, and seek the love and warmth of your remaining family.

My hope for you is that you find respite in whatever brings you the kind of peace you need to move ahead and prosper for the sake of your future. My admiration knows no bounds for the courage you've displayed -- will display -- as you continue to come to terms with your losses and rebuild your lives.

For every firefighter, police officer, paramedic who was lost, I thank you. Your dedication, integrity, bravery and sacrifices will always have my eternal gratitude.

To all who mourn this September 11th , I wish you solace and a warm, safe haven where you might rest your weary souls. I wish you newfound joys. I wish you the courage to live your lives to the fullest in memory of those who would want you to soar to the Heavens and beyond.

Know that this American will never forget.

Dakota

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger