Saturday, August 26, 2006

A SHAMELESS PROMO

but not mine. LOL

Remember I told you all R had a movie star nephew? We saw his movie premiere in Austin last October.

Well, I didn't reveal his name cuz, well, I didn't. Anyhoodles, I'm going to now :) You might not know the name, but you'd probably recognize him if ya saw him on the tube. His name is Dax Shepard. His mom sent me an e-mail today to tell me that his latest will be out soon and I told her I'd mention it even if Hollywood won't :)

Dax started out on Punked with Ashton Cucher (sp?) and (do you have any clue how bizarrre it is when R tells me Dax was on the ranch with Demi and Ashton? surrrreal. LOL) then played an astronaut in Zathura. I'd just seen him in Without A Paddle, which I rolled around the theater over, just before I met R.

This month he's in two movies. Employee of the Month with Jessica Simpson and Dane Cook and a movie called Idiocracy. The latter of the two is coming out with no premiere, no advertising. What the hell is Hollywood thinking anyway?

The guy who directed it is Mike Judge. He did Office Space and other stuff that escapes me now, but I'm positive it was hilarious.

So, I thought I'd give a big ole shout out to the erotic community and tell you to go see this movie. Cuz I'm all influential like that. I just know my 12 fans will come through for me. LOLLOL

Dax is a very nice guy. Grounded, a riot, has an uber-nice girlfriend, likes kids, good to his mother and his characterization works your funny bone like nobody's biz.

The movie opens SEPTEMBER FIRST in only nine cities. Again, I ask, hellllooooo, Hollywood. Whatever is up your ass? Plus, it's got Luke Wilson in it and I gotta tell ya, I like snarky in a guy. I like it more when he's sorta cute. Luke is kinda (only a little) cute. Not like my R, but cute. The premise is something I wish I'd thought of myself and you really can't go wrong with a movie Dax is in.

Here's a quick blurb--Private Joe Bowers, the definition of "average American", is selected by the Pentagon to be the guinea pig for a top-secret hibernation program, set 1,000 years in the future. He discovers a society so incredibly dumbed-down that he's easily the most intelligent person alive.

Go check it out if you can find the time to giggle your butt off.

Dakota :)

9 Comments:

  • At 10:02 PM, Blogger Erin the Innocent said…

    I'll definitely see those movies (probably in DVD because I don't have a social life but I'll make sure I see them LOL)

     
  • At 10:23 PM, Blogger Vikky said…

    I'm there! I saw a trailer for Employee of the Month during another movie and we all gave it a thumbs up for something we wanted to watch! Very cool name to drop. :o)

     
  • At 10:33 PM, Blogger Dakota Cassidy said…

    If I were there, Erin, we could like date. LOL

    Did I drop it, Vikk? Shit, pick it the hell up, or I'm going to get in trouble. LOL

    He's a very nice guy. Very personable, not at all self-absorbed :)

    DC :)

     
  • At 11:28 PM, Blogger Jaynie said…

    Oh I like Luke Wilson - I think. OR is it Owen Wilson? Of course it's possible I like both.

    If either or any of those show up over here, I shall watch lol.

     
  • At 2:10 AM, Blogger Reel Fanatic said…

    I saw the preview for "Employee of the Month" before "Beerfest" and it looks really, really funny

     
  • At 8:30 AM, Blogger Dakota Cassidy said…

    I dunno, Jaynie. Owen is blonde and was in The Wedding Crshers with Vince Vaughn. Luke is dark haired and cuter in MHO :)

    Hey, Reel--yeah, the trailers are a hoot for EOTM. R and I saw them when we saw something else that escapes me now. (shoot, stuff escapes me a lot, huh? )Dax is super blond in it. SHould be good.

    Thanks for stopping by.

    DC :)

     
  • At 11:39 PM, Blogger Jo said…

    umm... yeah i like meeting famous people *hint hint* thats why i like you so much!!! j/k... i like you because your funny and i like your books.... but really... hes cute....

     
  • At 9:00 AM, Blogger Dakota Cassidy said…

    LOL--yeah, I'm sooo famous, eh, Kink? ANd thanks, sweetie!

    How's it goin', babe?

    DC :)

     
  • At 9:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    dane cook, i just saw him in a stand up hour and half show, man he got a NiCe NICE ass and the front didnt look bad either.of course he spoke then but hey he was funny , i just stare at him walking around and around, with way cute butt

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger