Thursday, July 13, 2006

The Midge :)




That's what everyone calls R's mom. She's like June Cleaver and Marion Cunnigham all rolled into one 78 year old on fire package.

I love her! She's a hoot.

So, I'm fresh back from my vacay in MI with R at his mom's and we had a blast. I had no Internet which was nice and stress free. I spent a ton of time sitting on her back porch and just hanging out, watching the lake.

R's mom lives on the lake in the heart of Amish country and it's really beautiful. I love Amish country because it reminds me how much I love the handcrafting my own wood thing. I really have to invest in another band saw, eh? I saw LOTS of cows. I managed to pet the one cow who's the meanest of the bunch. He liked me. Go figure. LMAO

So, while R slept most of the day away, Midge and I hung out a lot. She has a very quirky sense of humor and she isn't afraid to say what she means. LOLLOLLOLLOL. She said many things she meant. Snort.

Every morning, while Prince Charming slept, we had coffee together and sat on her swing on the back porch. A couple of days we went into Shipshewana (sp?) and hit the Amish stores. Good thing we drove, cuz I brought back some stuff :) We had lunch and shopped.

In essence, we bonded.

It reminded me that life can be simple if you let it sometimes and I was willing to let it be as simple as possible while I was there.

R and I saw his best friend from his middle school days too. He's getting married in HI next year. He asked us if we had any news. I said not like that we don't LMAO. We went bowling with him and his fiancee. Yes, I bowled a 62--so? Then we played miniature golf where I fared better. It was fun.

R's hometown is so small it has very little to offer in the way of entertainment--so we made our own. LOLLOL

Dakota :)

11 Comments:

  • At 5:22 PM, Blogger Vikky said…

    I'm so glad that you had a great and relaxing vacation. I'm even happier that you and R's mom got along so well. It could have turned out a different way! Welcome home and glad you're back (missed ya)!

     
  • At 7:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm glad you had a wonderful time visiting Rob's friends and family.

    I still need to meet him.

    Diane McConnell

     
  • At 10:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Just a few little notes...

    First.. the cows rule.
    Second... yes, it really can be that pretty in Michigan. The flip side is, it's twice as crappy as everywhere else in the winter.
    Third: My photo.. you'll notice I'm relaxing... in the nine inch nails shirt. You can only relax so much before it's time to rage against the machine. Am I wrong??

    Of course Bunny and The Midge bonded. My mom looks at DC, like DC's mom looks at me. Apparently they both know what a dopey, love-sick couple looks like, and they're happy for (...read: "aggitated by") us. :) :) :)

    ~R - The Raging Champ

     
  • At 10:51 PM, Blogger Jo said…

    haha.... did you go cow tipping too??? I love the amish.... cept when you car breaks down and you step in horse poo on the side of the road from their buggy horses..... :-( and the town cannot be smaller than my home town.... 1700 people! whoot whoot

     
  • At 10:52 PM, Blogger Jo said…

    p.s. missed you tons!!! you make me laugh every day!

     
  • At 1:55 AM, Blogger Michelle B said…

    Welcome back, DC! I'm glad you had a great vacation.

    Is that smoke in the cow picture? I figure it's coming from you and not the cow, but who knows;)

    Glad to have ya back.

     
  • At 1:11 PM, Blogger Dakota Cassidy said…

    You say bull, I say cow. Tomatoe-tomaaato, baby. They all moo. LOL

    Indeed, it was a bull and apparently, he's purty mean. But he was nice to me :)

    Yes, that's smoke, Michelle B. I was askairt at first, so I brought a smoke. No worries though, we made friends. LOL

    Hey, Kink! Missed you too, doll :)

    DC :)

     
  • At 10:48 PM, Blogger Maura Anderson said…

    I still say it's a great thing to like your future in-laws

     
  • At 9:10 PM, Blogger Harlot said…

    Dakota, have to give it to you. I could never pet that cow. It's more likely to happen that he'll trample me to death. Seriously, animals hate me. :/

    Anyway, glad you had fun, came back refreshed and bonded with the future MIL. :P

     
  • At 10:55 PM, Blogger Dakota Cassidy said…

    Awwwww, I bet they really would love you. You're young and pretty and far more appealing than me, sweets!

    As to a future MIL? I can't heeeearrr you. LOLLOL

    DC :)

     
  • At 11:12 PM, Blogger Dakota Cassidy said…

    Oh, Diane--he's dreeeamy. LOL. You'll love him, babe :)

    DC :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger