Monday, June 05, 2006

What's New Pussycat?

whooooooa-whoa-oa-whooooooaaaa!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, you read that right--I, Dakota Cassidy, next Thursday at 8:00 in the P-M, am going to see TOM FREAKIN' JONES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It happened quite by accident while I was looking for a concert by someone else. I stumbled over Tom.

Now, Tom has been on my life-list of things to do, er see since I was about five. The lead in to this is, I have an uncanny knack for lyrics--in that I can memorize them after hearing them but once. Mostly I know the whole song after two or three times.

Anyhoodles, my mom was a Tom Jones lover/hater. She was a good Christian woman, so the panty throwing fans thing nearly killed her, but she adored his voice and his good looks. Soooooooo, she had his album and she would play it A LOT. Sorta like a nun who thinks impure thoughts, but doesn't actually participate in them, ya know?

I loved what I called the "Pussycat Song" and upon hearing it only once, I was in my bedroom playing with my stuffed animals and singing it. I can remember my mom commenting on it and saying that I must really like the song because I had taken the time to learn all the words. It's the first real memory I have of being able to remember lyrics the way I do.

I used to BEG her to let me stay up and see his variety show and she would sometimes let me do it. Of course, there was always the disclaimer that I had to close my eyes when clothes were flyin'. LOLLOL. Now again, mom had the car wreck thing going on. She'd watch, eyes glazed at his hunkiness and cringe when women got crazy. I think she did Hail Mary's after it was over and we weren't even Catholic...

I can remember asking if I could go see him--like sit in the audience and she said, "young ladies who are brought up properly just don't go see a man who let's women take their clothes off in front of him," LOLLOL. Cuz, they were all raging sluts. Look at me now, eh? Snort.

For many, many moons I've been caught in a mirror or two, singing to Tom with my hairbrush in hand and love in my heart. I know them all and even karaok-ied and won 100 bucks for Never Gonna Fall In Love once. Yes, it's true. I swear and I never had a drop of alcohol :)

So, flash foward 27 years or so to me and my youngest in the car at the bus stop singing, What's New Pussycat? Yes, both of my babies know Tom's music and yes, they know ALL the words. LOLLOL. I am loyal if nothing else.

So, R says, "if it makes you happy, then I'm happy--let's rock. Would you rather die with a couple hundred in the bank, or say ya saw Tom?" He even offered to pay--I said no way. Yes, I AM an independant woman of my own means. Otherwise known as dumb ass, but hey, he never lets me pay when we go see NIN.

Soooooooooo, tonight I did it-- BAM--I mean, he's like almost 70--he could DIE before I get to see him. Hell, I could too. So, I'm all in, baby. I've spent far too much money, but ask me if I care. I'm 11th row center, I have my lighter gassed, and my panties are velcro'd. LOLLOL I had no clue that most of his hits came out when I wasn't even born and if he doesn't sing every last one that I love--I have to get a freak on. LOLLOL

I'm assuming this is going to be very tame compared to NIN. It's in a classy venue which means I can wear my cute skirt and heels and no one will throw beer on me--er, I think.

So if I can manage it, look for pics of me and my panties with Tom crooning Delilah to me. I mean, his eyesight probably isn't that good--so he won't be able to tell my hooters ain't where they should be anymore, right? From far away, I could pass for 20, right? Or does he pay people to check that out for him? In that case, I'm doomed. I'll bring the duct tape... HAHAHAHAHAHA



Dakota :)

11 Comments:

  • At 11:58 PM, Blogger Maura Anderson said…

    You're gonna have a GREAT time! I can't wait to hear about it!

    WOOOOT

     
  • At 1:37 AM, Blogger Jaynie said…

    LMAO

    well at least it will be better than NIN

     
  • At 4:20 AM, Blogger Angela James said…

    My MIL and FIL went and saw Tom last year. I was incredibly jealous because I love him. They said he gave a fantastic show, had fabulous stage presence, could still sing and yes...women were throwing panties, lolol. I think you'll have a lot of fun!

     
  • At 6:20 AM, Blogger Vikky said…

    I am so jealous!! Have fun and let us know how it is.

     
  • At 9:04 AM, Blogger Kelly said…

    Velcro panties? Are those homemade or store bought? I'm not sure which answer would be scarier. ;-)

     
  • At 9:10 AM, Blogger Dakota Cassidy said…

    MUWAHAHAHAHA--they're homemade, of course. LOLLOL

    I'll let ya know how it goes, Angie. I can't speak over how excited I am. LMAO

    Thanks, guys!

     
  • At 10:37 PM, Blogger Dakota Cassidy said…

    Oh, B/C, I so hope he sings all of my favs...

    DC :)

     
  • At 11:17 PM, Blogger Sam said…

    Ahhh - GOOD idea. You got nailed by NIN and want to take revenge on R. - excellent choice. Instead of cigarette smoke he will be surrounded by the stale scent of powder and perfume, and his neighbor will lose her dentures in his seat and have to search for them...No ten year olds in this concert, and the only people making out will be - you and R.
    LOL!
    Have a Good time
    (la lala lala la - what's new pussycat? La lala lala la la!)

     
  • At 2:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Have a Great time!
    I remember watching his show with my parents. What a hoot!

    And they must dip him in formaldehyde at night because he looks fantastic!

    Rock on!
    P

     
  • At 8:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Jaynie... bite your tongue! ...better than NIN. Tom's fantastic and all, and he is a part americana. But, I don't think he's necessarily BETTER than NIN. Just different.

    ...blasphemer.

    If I have my way, Bunny will be up on my shoulders, flashing her (duct taped) hooters and throwing undergarments in the most garish methods possible without going to jail. Look out all you non-ex-beautyqueens... hurricane Dakota is blowing in, and she's a level 5!

    ~R - The Champ

     
  • At 10:18 PM, Blogger Dakota Cassidy said…

    Oh, punkin', you DO love me. Will you hold the roll of duct tape for me? LOL

    Dakota :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger