Thursday, June 15, 2006

Meeee aaaand Mr., Mr. Joooonnes

Mr. Jones, Mr. Jones, Mr. Jones
We got a thaaaaang goin' onn-on.

LOLLOL.

OMG--just got back from the Tom Jones concert and I gotta tell ya, he is AWESOME. Incredible, unbelievable!

Okay, so first, the venue was way nice. The Nokia Center in Grand Prarie. Very classy, very calm, very NOT NIN. LMAO

So, I spent all of today totally excited. I listened to Tom to stoke me and as I prepared for the concert, YES, I did sing Delilah with my hairbrush. LOLLOL


I got all cute-ed up, heels a skirt and curled my hair. I HATE curling my hair because it takes forevah, but I did it for Tom. I had a stupendous hair day. I really did. I was really just hoping for like mediocre, but I have to say, with all modesty, it ROCKED. LMAO

So, I go to R's and we head off to the concert. I'm soooooooo excited. I've waited thirty five years to do this and my heart is just pounding.

We have AWESOME seats. Eleventh row almost center. I'm in my GLORY. The stage is really close and the opening band, Tower of Power is so close I can see the guy singing every word.

But as good as they were, they're just not TOM.

OKay, so cutting to the chase. Tom arrives in all his purple suited splendor with drum rolls and I think I stopped breathing. He was so close I could see his necklace.

And talk about a show!

This guy is SIXTY SIX and he rocks like he's still 25. I swear, he's got it goin' on and if I were a non attached woman, I'd be all over that. He exudes sexuality--moves with the grace of a cat and must have nine-lives to still be cookin' with that kinda gas.

His voice was INCREDIBLE and he sang ALL of my fav's. When he sang Delilah, everyone else did too. When he sang the Green, Green Grass of Home, I sobbed. Because well, it makes me think of Jersey. When he sang Never Gonna Fall in Love...well, I think I forgot everything but me and Tom. he was singing to me and when he does that sob in the middle of it, I sobbed too. What's New Pussycat was splendid and well, there's just nothing like it when he sings, "you and your pussycat noooosssee."

Big, girly sigh.

R--you know, he really is just the best boyfriend ever. He took all the pics of Tom as best he could with my cheap camera. he sat patiently near me while I sobbed, smiled, sang and almost ripped my own panties off.

Oh, BTW, that panty thing? Er, yeah, chicks still do it. "Cept they ain't chicks so much anymore. They're ahem, older women who shoot those bad boys like sling shots. It was pretty funny. He had at least two weeks worth of panties when he was done.

So, all I have to say is--YAY me for knocking another thing off my life list of things to do. Bigger yay that it was so totally worth the thirty-five year wait. LOLLOL
Check out the pics in the above blog :)

Dakota :)

6 Comments:

  • At 1:13 AM, Blogger Jaynie said…

    wahoo

    ok, Tom is done - next we shoot for Barry *g*

     
  • At 1:42 AM, Blogger Michelle B said…

    YAY! Glad you had a great time Dakota:)

     
  • At 7:27 AM, Blogger Michelle said…

    morning lemon drop,

    i'm so glad you had a good time and the pics look wonderful.

    michelle

     
  • At 10:08 AM, Blogger Angela James said…

    My MIL couldn't stop talking about all the panties that got tossed onstage when they saw him last year, lolol. Since they're women her age, she was a bit shocked ;)

    I'm glad you had a great time!

     
  • At 10:15 AM, Blogger Dakota Cassidy said…

    OMG, Angie--I couldn't believe it. it was hilarious. Someone even threw a bra up there. They lined up for the chance to do it too. LOL

    DC :)

     
  • At 7:11 PM, Blogger Angela Knight said…

    Oh, when I was a little girl, and the Tom Jones variety show was on....Oooooh, Girl! I was seriously in lust!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger