Saturday, May 13, 2006

Happy Mother's Day! Oh, and RT

For all of the moms I know and love--may this day bring you the appreciation you so deserve. For all of your endless support, hard work, dedication to the cause known as raising the sometimes spawn from hell, I salute you!

Now, my mom...well, my poor mom got rid of me early. When I was 18. I got married and scurried off to play house. When I got divorced, I came back. Poor mom. LOL. It was her suggestion that we move in together when I chose to move to TX due to cost of living. She offered to watch the kids for me if I needed to work a full time job and when my writing worked out, she offered to do everything I can't because I'm always on some kind of deadline. She goes to the bank for me. She picks my sons up from after school stuff. She makes me food she knows I won't get around to eating, but makes it anyway, hoping one day I'll actually eat it. She bakes. She skims the pool and tests the water. She pulls weeds. She does almost everything I did when I was a housewife.

OMG--I married my mother. LOLLOL

Anyway, my mom is seventy and counting, but you'd think she was 45 the way she scurries around this house. I'd have never survived without her after my divorce.

My heartfelt gratitude always--even if she does love Angela Knights books better than mine. LOLLOL

Now, RT. I'm outta here on Monday. I'm pumped. I'm packed. I'm primped. I hope to see some of you there and the folks that can't make it, I wish ya could.

Check ya in a week when I'll have incriminating photos of cover models and R or something. LOLLOL

DC :)

5 Comments:

  • At 11:52 PM, Blogger Jaynie said…

    Yay - Happy Mother's Day Mrs C - if you ever want to adopt another freak, come and see me *g*.

    Hope the boys have something good planned for you too Dakota.

     
  • At 12:03 AM, Blogger Michelle B said…

    Happy Mother's Day to you, Dakota! Have a great time at RT:)

     
  • At 4:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy Mother's Day babe, to you and your fab mom. Tell Nana I said hello.

    See YOU tomorrow!!!
    P

     
  • At 1:50 PM, Blogger Harlot said…

    Happy Mother's Day, Dakota! :D

     
  • At 8:38 PM, Blogger Dakota Cassidy said…

    LOLLOL--sorry. Didn't mean to scare you and it's very LIGHT BDSM. I can't do much more than that. I've tried, it's just not in me. LOL

    DC :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger