Friday, May 12, 2006

Dateline--Dakota May 12, 2006

I'm whipped like cream, people. LOL

I have run hither and yon, taking care of errands and stupid, pissy little things that must be done before RT. Like, making sure we have enough food in the house for my mother and sons, finishing every last stitch of laundry I can find. Making a list of the things I've done and crossing them off with satisfaction only to make another.

So, here's what's new.

Finished yet ANOTHER novella. Call me prose 'ho. LOL

Did edits on the last piece of 'hoing I wrote.

Weeded my gardens.

Read two books--Oh, BTW, if you guys get over to Changeling anytime soon, pick up Sierra Dafoe's Devarian Exile. I read an advanced copy (cuz I am SPECIAL, got that? LOL) and holy smokers, it is HOT. Not just hot, it's lush with detail, vivid and beautifully written. Read Shelly's too :)

Missed R.

Watched Idol and SOBBED over Chris leaving. I love them all, these last four, but that really killed me. He'll shine anyway, so I feel better.

Missed R.

Packed all of my crap in just two suitcases and one is actually small. I'm telling you, my butt might be bigger, but my choice in clothes--not so much. Snort.

Had my hair trimmed -- not happy about the last layer of hair, but made her leave it. I have really long hair, like three or four inches past my bra. Went and had the usual done, layered in three layers down the back and the last layer looks choppy to me. What do I know? However, she wasn't whacking it off, cuz I like my length.

Missed R.

Waxed my legs. Punched myself in the jaw when I did. When I rip, I rip, baby. LOL

Missed R.

Changed my sheets.

Got really annoyed at someone and considered that hate-mail thing I was talking about. Decided not to because well, I AM the nice author. LOLLOL

Missed R--then thought about buying a BOB.

Nixed that idea in favor of watching more Coyote Ugly.

Got invited to do an interview with the Book Bitches.

Freaked a little. Freaked some more. Trembled in fear. Then agreed to do it because I really dig Harlot. Told them if they hated my book, I was okay with it. Hurt me. LOLLOL.

Had my nails done and my poor ugly toe. FINALLY I won't offend the masses with it's sheer horrifying appearance.

Bought mother's day cards for my mom. Happy mother's day to everyone!

Now, I'm going to go rest because I still have three more days till Daytona and I just know I've forgotten SOMETHING.

I swear, if I get there and I've forgotten my super-duper shimmer lotion--you'll hear me SCREAM. LOLLOL

Dakota :0

11 Comments:

  • At 5:49 PM, Blogger Jaynie said…

    Yeah, Sierra's book is pretty hot - some great F/M/M stuff in there. Loved the scene at the end.

     
  • At 11:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dakota,

    hope you have a great time at RT.
    Also wishing you a happy mothers day.

    Lee Anne

     
  • At 1:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey D!

    Just a few days & counting!

    I agree about Chris on AI - but since he didn't win, he won't be contractually bound to the show, and I heard he has already been offered the lead singer's spot for Fuel - a group he covered during the show - who has been shopping for a new lead singer. He will be fine. But it was a shock.

    I believe I am finished packing too, but Gary hasn't even started yet.

     
  • At 1:59 PM, Blogger Harlot said…

    Dakota, it's truly our pleasure that you accepted our invitation. :D

    So no need to freak out, you know. Promise to only ask proper questions such as: What kind of "role-playing" have you done or would definitely try in the future? *big grin*

    :P LOL

     
  • At 4:28 PM, Blogger Dakota Cassidy said…

    OOOOOOOH! Look, everyone! Trollop came to hang too!! I'm sure I'll love you just as much as Harlot, doll. However, I hadn't met you yet.

    So till now, I was deprived of your charms. LOLLOL

    I'm lookin forward to the interview. Can't wait!

    Hugs,
    DC :)

     
  • At 5:00 PM, Blogger Harlot said…

    >>>You know, I'm really hurt here :( how come you only dig Harlot? I'm nice too! *sob*

    *whispers to Dakota* Nuh ah, Trollop is an evil bossy witch. And Harlot is the bestest. :P *nodding*


    Anonymous (running away)

     
  • At 8:41 PM, Blogger Dakota Cassidy said…

    Now, girls...LOLLOL

    Dakota :)

     
  • At 11:32 AM, Blogger Jessy said…

    soon as I can I plan on getting Devarian Exile.... it sounds so good. :)

    your ugly toe?? what happened to it?

     
  • At 6:31 PM, Blogger Sierra Dafoe said…

    Sierra found this when trying to find out whether Google had picked up her website yet. Sierra is so overwhelmed that Dakota Cassidy -- yes, THAT Dakota Cassidy! -- would mention her book that she's taken to talking in the third person, 'cause otherwise she's gonna holler like a cowboy on the home stretch of a three month cattle drive!

     
  • At 7:27 PM, Blogger Dakota Cassidy said…

    Oh, bananas, Sierra. you write some kick ass shit. You won't need any help from me once that hits the cyber waves!

    Hugs and kisses,
    Dakota :)

     
  • At 8:16 PM, Blogger Sierra Dafoe said…

    Come hell or high water, lady, I AM gonna get to Houston next year so I can TACKLE ya!

    It won't hurt. Honest! :)

    Have you ever noticed that the verification codes often spit out what would be really interesting character names? 'Tkulo', for instance...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger