Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Something wicked...

...Dakota's way comes.

I'm telling you, something bad is going to happen. I don't know what and I don't know when, I just know it'll happen.

I know this because the last time I had this bad feeling, The War of the Roses broke out :)

It's the same every time. I wake up with a tight feeling in my chest and it has nothing to do with my chest being perky. I also have the stomach clenches and my gut is in a knot a sailor couldn't unravel. I can't breathe from it for a few minutes and then, it lingers like peanut butter stuck in my throat with nothing to wash it down with, ya know?

I've learned to trust my instincts, which I didn't think were too terribly honed until I realized, I'd awakened with this feeling before on several occasions. Um, they all involved some extra marital activities, but WHATEVER. LOLLOLLOLLOL.

Hence, many bad things happened. Now, I fully welcome the instinct. I just don't much like the wondering. However, blogging has given me an outlet to spew my worries over bad karma. I'm hoping this will ward off the bad ju-ju's.

Not likely, but I'm giving it a shot in the dark anyhow.

So, like I said, I have a bad feeling and that leads me to create a gozillion scenarios in my head for what could potentially rock my world.

it isn't good to have a brain like mine sometimes. I suppose I should have always been a writer, cuz I can create 100 diff stories for the bad thing that will happen to me all at the same time. Whats worse, I can make them seem very logical and convince myself I'm on target. Honest to God, if I had a couple of minutes, I could convince myself of anything. And then, I pick, recreate and pick again. I lose focus on everything else in favor of the bad thing that's going to happen to me. This is when I can no longer multi-task the way I usually do. It imobilizes me.

So, for the past couple of days, since I woke up with the bad feeling. I've been picking. It's what I do. It's what I excel at. Like just a minute ago, the entire blog I'd written about the bad thing disappeared because I hit a key I've never hit before.

See? Something bad is determined to have me.

If I could just figure out what it is, maybe I could whip the bad thing into submission. But that's the beauty of the bad thing--it sneaks up on you and it isn't ever the bad thing you thought it most likely would be. It's usually FAR worse.

Oy.

Something bad is going to happen. So when the bad thing happens, I'll give ya a heads up. LOLLOLLOLLOL

Dakota :)

7 Comments:

  • At 3:45 PM, Blogger Michelle B said…

    You aren't alone with the bad vibes thing. My mom has had some dreams about some bad things (cat dying, car stolen) only to wake up and find out they've actually happened or happened shortly after the dream. Now the family members just ask that she not dream about any of us!

    And what about your toe and the monitor dying? Could those be the bad thing and it has already happened? Or maybe that's wishful thinking on my part for ya.

    Here's hoping that "bad" isn't all that bad. I'll send positive vibes your way and maybe they can cancel out or at least lessen the bad.

    Michelle B.

     
  • At 6:18 PM, Blogger Erin the Innocent said…

    The world is not plotting against you Dakota babe. I'll send good thoughts your way though :)

     
  • At 9:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'll cross my fingers for you. If the bad thoughts started on Monday it maybe some thing on my end.

    Diane McConnell

     
  • At 9:50 AM, Blogger Sam said…

    I get bad vibes all the time.
    It's called having an overactive imagination.
    Read a book.
    Relax.
    Write a letter to your congressman.
    The bad vibes are most likely from Bush's idiotic plan to nuke Iran.
    *sigh*
    I have bad vibes about that, to tell you the truth.

     
  • At 3:00 PM, Blogger Michelle said…

    ~breathe in~
    ~breathe out~
    ~breathe in~
    ~brea...oh ya, i forgot, that doesn't work.

    hmmmmm...sorry you gots the bad vibes going, cookie. although after reading your description of da gut maybe it's just gas, try some beano. if that doesn't work, call me in the morning.

    michelle

     
  • At 7:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    How did you find out that I was coming up to visit you?
    :)
    Fuzz

     
  • At 8:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey babe!
    I know just what you mean. I get some weird vibes myself.
    But, as Michelle pointed out, you have three bad things already.
    Toe - Monitor - R out of town

    More if you count that teenage terror and his preadolescent partner in crime.....

    I vote for a Looooong hot soak and a massage.
    See you soon!
    P

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger