Saturday, April 22, 2006

The pile

Soooooooo, R has made his bachelor pad a home-sweet-home and I gotta say, it looks really good.

However, I don't know that I like it much and I helped decorate. It isn't that I don't like the decorations, I do. I mean, I picked them out, for the love of Pete.

What I don't like is they just aren't him. I called him pile man when we were cleaning and boxing stuff up. Cuz he has more piles in his house than a hemorrhoid. I began to feel like I was snooping and I really, genuinely wasn't. But there were many and I had to move them to dust. So I tried to just push them out of the way and then I'd yell, "Pile!" He'd laugh and say "Nopilesnopiles."

Anyway, as we're cleaning and stuff, I'm not liking the lessening piles and clutter because that's just R and now, I feel like I'm wiping "him" away with my dust rag and Mr. Clean.

So, today I see him after two days apart where he worked like a demon to get stuff done for the real estate agent and I wander into a whole new world.

A world I'm uncomfortable with. A world of carpet with fresh track marks in it from the carpet cleaners. A world with countertops that have no piles. A world with an office that has family pictures sitting on the very clean desk where there is a COMPUTER. I had no idea...

Even his garage is kinda sparkly. I like the old one--the one with dirt bike parts and grease and crap all over the place.

Maybe it's the change part I don't like? I mean, I'm a clean freak and piles are something I don't much take a shine to. I like order, calm or I can't breathe.

So WTF?

What the hell is my problem, I ask you?

Maybe this was the bad thing?

No, that can't be. The bad thing is horrible. It sucks the life out of me. It takes my money too, BTW. It leaves me all curled up in a ball in the fetal position. This can't be the bad thing. It's a PILE, for crap's sake.

Maybe the piles represent something to me that's subliminal?

How retarded.

I don't know what's wrong with me, but I want out.

Got some advice? Words of wisdom--or even not so much wisdom? I'll take what I can get. LOL

Dakota :)

7 Comments:

  • At 12:37 AM, Blogger Jaynie said…

    The piles gone, mean that he is closer to moving which is a big change, especially since you guys don't know where he's going to live.

    all be fine.

     
  • At 1:38 AM, Blogger Maura Anderson said…

    Once a piler, always a piler. I'd bet money that you don't need to mourn the piles - they will respawn when he's got a new home :-)

     
  • At 8:15 AM, Blogger Sam said…

    You want out of what?
    Play some UNO and see what happens, lol.

     
  • At 8:26 AM, Blogger Michelle said…

    Suggestion:

    Get a babysitter for the boys.

    Get in the car and drive to the closest motel with a bar attached.

    Check into a room and find the bell hop. Give the bell hop a twenty and tell him to come get you in the bar in six hours. Tell him there is an extra tip in it if he makes sure you actually land on the bed in your room before he locks the door on leaving.

    Now - get drunk. I'm talking falling down, laugh out loud, drunk.

    Oh and make sure you take Rob with you.

     
  • At 8:32 AM, Blogger Erin the Innocent said…

    Dakota - Rob will just move his clutter to your house. *g*

    Jaynie - for CRAP sake!

     
  • At 8:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ditto to all of the above...

    The piles aren't the problem. It is the changes that are rapidly approaching.

    Rob moving
    Rob changing jobs
    and so forth

    You my love can handle change - I know - but you don't embrace it. You dig in and hang on like a pit bull on a t-bone. Hence the 19 years with stupidhead.

    You need to realize that not all change is bad. This change will be positive. It is the best solution for Rob, since his house was not practical, and will make him happier - ergo you will be happier.

    Hang in there.

     
  • At 9:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    no piles.

    ~R - The Pile Champ

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger