Sunday, March 26, 2006

Time to say goodbye :(

I had a sad moment today. I went to a blog I often visit. One I visit because it once had some pretty funny stuff going on. However as of late, it seems to have become uber critical and a bit full of itself.

No, I don't mean the inspirational ladies blog. That's a given. LOLLOL

I was sad because at one time, it seemed the snarks were intermingled with some life lessons and stuff, but as it's grown in popularity, the sole purpose seems to be critical of nearly everything and everyone. It's lost its heart for me and there once was one. Now, it's just about stuff that's got this mean overtone. Like it's gone out of it's way to over-snark for the laughs, ya know? Sometimes, being so critical isn't necessarily funny as it is kinda, well, critical and above all, insecure. Picking at every small detail in life can be so trite and droll and today, it finally got to me. It also began to irritate me that so many people sorta jump on the snark-wagon and picked fun too.

Less than perfect people, agreeing with a less than perfect blogger, I'm sure. It's the HS/bully theory and the gang of people who help the bully gather round, thus making up the crowd the bully so craves.

Lame.

Nonetheless, it depressed me a bit. So I think I have to say goodbye for fear I might snark back and upset the apple cart, something we all know I avoid. It was a staple for me for a time. All good things must come to an end, eh?

But it doesn't make me less depressed about it because I miss the fun it once was. A little controversy, mingled with a little lighthearted snark.

And NO, Jaynie, I'm not telling you what blog it is. LOLLOL

it's MY secret. Just give me poor babies cuz the joy in my blogging world has lessened some.

(sniff)

Dakota :)

10 Comments:

  • At 8:30 PM, Blogger Jaynie said…

    damn it woman you know I need to know *g*

     
  • At 10:52 PM, Blogger Maura Anderson said…

    Hugs - always sad to find you can no longer relate to where someone is now when you once felt very in synch with them....

     
  • At 5:25 AM, Blogger Michelle said…

    Morning dill pickle relish,

    ~sigh~

    The internet seems to do this to some things and some people. It is sad, but sometimes moving on is necessary.

    Michelle

     
  • At 10:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I was so surprised, and rather encouraged, to see this comment.

    You see, I had been assured last week that the snarky "bitchy" blogspots were THE place that everyone watched. Epublishers, authors, etc. So, I visited a well-watched site for the first time last week.

    Needless to say, I was amazed at the following these people had. I spent quite a while scanning back posts... the only impression I received was a couple of women taking potshots at anything and everything. Bitchiness in top form.

    I wanted to post a comment, but was warned that any post that contradicted with their opinion would only invite an attack… hmm, interesting. I guess I'm not up to speed on blogs... I always assumed intelligent discussions could result from different opinions.

    Reviews need to be accurate, yet DO NOT need to decapitate and bleed an author dry. Are all of my reviews good ones? Nope. I actually tend to be a bit harder than other reviewers at our site. But do I attempt a gutting of the author? Never. But then again, I’m not shooting for laughs, I’m only stating MY opinion... And feel free to disagree with me! It won’t bother me a bit. But I won’t get into a bitch-slap fest. Just not my style.

    Jolie

     
  • At 10:41 AM, Blogger Dakota Cassidy said…

    Jaynie? NO. LOL
    Maura--thanks, babe.
    Michelle, my strawberry pop tart--it's so true...
    Jolie?--thanks for popping in. Sometimes, in my blog hopping, I've found that as traffic increases, some folks find the outrageous and cruel get the best response.

    Hell, you can see that here on my blog--I get the most comments when I blog about someone who's being mean and far less when I blog about Barry Manilow. LOL

    Yet, I found that it was leaning more toward the cruel, versus just an occasional poke and it depressed me. I genuinely liked this blogger and now, not so much.

    I'm sure the bitchy posts are the most popular, but then, I'm not known for jumping on the bandwagon of bitch too often because it's wasted energy. For sure, I read the controversy and if I think someone has been wronged, I usually speak up--in a snarky, kind of way. However, I don't much attack. I'm also not known for NOT going the way of the clique, so to speak. I have my own clique in my head, that's plenty. LOLLOL

    As to reviews, that's great to hear! I was once a reviewer and while I always gave my op, I never did it with a bloody knife in hand :)

    Dakota :)

     
  • At 10:17 AM, Blogger Sam said…

    I used to love this blog but then the blogger posted about Barry Manilow...

     
  • At 10:21 AM, Blogger Dakota Cassidy said…

    OMG--did you just say that about my Barry, you WENCH!! LOLLOLLOLLOL

    So fresh!

    Dakota :)

     
  • At 5:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow...you have untapped Barry talents.

    I'm always sad when a blog goes bad. I become a little lost but then I go hunting for new blog crack.

     
  • At 2:16 PM, Blogger Karen Scott said…

    Hey, did I miss something?

    I'll tell ya what, if you tell me, I promise, I wont say a word to Jaynie! *g*

    I can't think of any really bitchy blogs that I visit if I'm honest. Mine doesn't count of course! *g*

     
  • At 2:27 PM, Blogger Dakota Cassidy said…

    er, Karen--No. LOLLOL

    Dakota :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger