Friday, March 17, 2006

For my Jaynie :)

Today is a very special day for one of the Babes.

Yep, it's Jaynie. My fav kiwi in the whole wide world :)

it's her BIRTHDAY.

She's like 12, I think. S'okay, I don't care. I'm not even a little jealous that she's waaaaay younger than me. LOL

I'm in LA right now and I missed part of her b'day cuz I was out and about, doing Hollywood stuff, like botox and lipo, ya know? LOLLOL

However, I didnt miss thinking about her. I thought about her today when I had an eclair and I thought, if I could have sent it to her with a candle on it, all the way to Australia, I would have. it would have no calories and wouldn't break her diet. A diet I'm so proud of her for being on. Cuz it ain't easy to pass up KFC. Especially the original recipe, breast piece. Feel me?

So, in honor of my snarky pal, I wanted to give her a special wish here on my blog. Jaynie has a rank in the babes that can't ever be replaced. Each babe is individually uniique. These are the things that make Jaynie so special to me :)

Jaynie has a place in my heart because she was so damned hard to win over. When I first met her, she kinda scared me. She was abrasive and not an easy sell on friendship. However, I persevered and eventually won. LOLLOL. I knew we'd have a valuable friendship, one Id treasure because lemme tell ya, I had to work it to make her like me. I'm all the things I thinkn Jaynie doesn't much like. Girly, girly, girly. I enjoy being a girl as much as Jaynie enjoys picking on me for it. but she loves me for it too. She's one of the first people who just let me be me on the loops and for that, I'm ever grateful. She razzed me, no doubt, but I knew acceptance when I found it and Jaynie accepted me.

I love her because she's snarky and kinda snide, but also because she says what she thinks. It isn't always easy to hear, but she'll never steer you wrong when it comes to what's all real and what's completely fake.

She's smart too. She went to COLLEGE. She knows stuff that often surprises me and reminds me that she's one of the brightest people I know.

She's loyal. I swear--never trifle with Jaynie's friends. She's fierce and protective and she will take you to task if she thinks you've slighted someone she loves.

She's not terribly huggy kissy, so if you get a hug from her, you know it's genuine. When I finally meet her, I'm soooo gonna make her hug me. LOL

She makes me laugh everyday. No matter what, she never fails to make me smile and I'm blessed by her presence on our group.

I love Jaynie and like I said, it's her birthday today--so this is for you, cookie. With love, respect and many, many more to come. My heartfelt wish is that you have the best birthday ever and that you're always a part of my life.

Happy Birthday, my kiwi!

Love and sloppy kisses,
DC :)

10 Comments:

  • At 10:06 PM, Blogger Jaynie said…

    damnit - you made me cry. Luckily I don't wear that girly mascara crap huh.

    thanks gorgeous, you know I love you too. Hope you and R are sparkling away with the celebs *snort*

    smoochies,

     
  • At 10:32 PM, Blogger Maura Anderson said…

    When we get her cornered, it's Group Hug time!!!!

    I adore her too - I'm not sure why we clicked they way we did but I'm damned glad for it.

    Happy birthday, hon!

     
  • At 10:49 PM, Blogger Jaynie said…

    no damnit - no group hugs, and we clicked cos you're like blonde and old and shit *snort*

    smoochies

     
  • At 10:54 PM, Blogger Maura Anderson said…

    Blonde
    Old
    Kinky

    Like calls to like?

    ROTFL

    Smooch

    - Maura

     
  • At 11:48 PM, Blogger Jaynie said…

    hey - I'm not blonde *g*

     
  • At 3:59 AM, Blogger Shiloh Walker said…

    that's so sweet, Dakota!

    and very accurately describes Jaynie.

    If you ever do get the sloppy hug, i want pics.

     
  • At 4:12 AM, Blogger Sam said…

    Awwww!!!
    Happy birthday to our prickly pear - er, kiwi.

     
  • At 8:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Jaynie I think you need to print out some of these messages and post them around your house or computer :) I don't think you remember enough how much everyone loves ya!

    I hope the coming year is amazing babe!

    *smooch*

     
  • At 9:26 AM, Blogger Karen Scott said…

    That was truly lovely Dakota, Happy birthday Jaynie, seeing as I can't post it onto your own blog!

     
  • At 2:29 AM, Blogger Jaynie said…

    Thanks - you guys rock.

    lol Erin - after what's been happening lately, they might be a good idea *g*

    smoochies,

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger