Saturday, March 04, 2006

Cuz ya gotta have friiiieeeennndsss

You know the song.

So, my buddy P is in town on biz from Fla. She posts here a lot.

She's one of my closest cyber friends and we've been to a con or two and Disney World together. LOL. My mother took us to Dinsey in the Spring (literally) of my pending divorce hell and P came and met me and we hung out and had a girlie day while her hubby Gary and son took my beasts to the water park.

P was a HUGE support to me during my divorce. When I'd forget just about everyone and everything but my worry and misery, she'd send a card or a calendar of hot cowboys. An e-mail, a joke, an article on single moms. She's one of the best friends I can claim since I joined the cyber world of writing e-books. She's among several, but one of the first.

Anyway, R and I are off to have dinner with her tonight. This is the first friend of mine R will meet in person.

Think he's ready for P to question, interrogate, make him sweat? LOLLOL. Nah, P's not like that. She'll tell me how she feels in an e-mail AFTER dinner. LOLLOL

Now, this friends thing brings me to the Babes. A couple of days ago the babes, our Yahoo group, celebrated our one year anniversary.

We three Babes in charge FORGOT.

Yeah, I know, but I was so wrapped up in finishing a book and figure skating (I am Michelle Kwan in my mind. Don't ask, I'll blog later on it) that I totally forgot.

How could I forget such an auspicious event? I hang my head in utter shame. We should have had a big party--given trips to tropical islands away as thank you's.

Alas, we screwed up. LOL

So, this is for all of the wonderful ladies and gentelman who make up the Babes.

Each of you, unique in your own bizarre way (snort) make the Babes what they are. Without some of you characters, we'd have never seen the success the Babes have reaped.

There would be no one to wake up to and razz me every morning. There'd be no Bill to correct my typo's. There'd be no Maura (I found this poor woman on my blog and MADE her join us, poor thing), to make me smile when she sends URL's for shoes that only the tramp she must think I am can wear. LMAO. There'd be no Jaynie, cranky, feisty, but loyal like no other and the mod from the bowels of Hell. HAHAHAHAHAHA.

There'd be no Bonita with advice given like only a loving mother hen can. There'd be no Sheryl with her spunk and Aussie humor. There'd be no Fuzz, who just keeps comin' back for more DC smackdowns (LOLLOL). There'd be no Lisa, sweet as the day is long.

There'd be no Renee, who shares my love of figure skating and my mutal love of her boyfriend Joe. LOL. There'd be no Pam, who can whip up a flight to Daytona pronto, save me tons of money AND sign her e-mail with an exclamation point, and make me smile, multi tasker that she is.

There'd be no Erin, trying to convince us all she's freakin' innocent while we laugh behind our hands at how perposterous THAT is. LOL. There'd be no Angie, who hardly calls or writes, but shows up just when you think you're safe from her snark. LMAO.

There'd be no Anitra, who had a long sabbatical and nearly drove us all insane with worry, but came back and still made us smile. There'd be no Crystal, who tries so hard to follow in Jaynie's evil footsteps, but can't help being a sweetheart. There'd be no Alecia, who pops in and out and is really too funny for words when she drops an occasional bomb, then flits off. There'd be no Shannon, who's blind and makes no bones about the fact that she's not sensitive about it at all. We even let her drive the Babe car, that's how much we like Shannon. LOL

There'd be no Steve. New to the group, but a right fine mate. There'd be no Jason, Crystal's hubby who sings songs with me. There'd be no Cathy, who's been denied much Internet access at work, so she can't play anymore, but we miss her just the same.

There'd be no Joy to complain about us not cutting and pasting, while she stalks me. LOLLOL. There'd be no Sam from France who's soooo sweet it makes your teeth hurt. There'd be no lurkers, who kinda freak me out cuz they watch us and are laughing at our antics, but never say a word. LOLOL. I'm kidding, you don't freak me out...not a lot...LOL

There'd be no Michelle, Isabella and Dakota to torment day in, day out and I can't imagine my life without all of you in it.

From me, to all of you, the babes have been a success because we just have a good time and in that good time, you each play an important role. Something I will ever be grateful for.

We've had people come and go. We've had a heartache or two in the past year. An illness, a budding relationship, ups and downs, no doubt. However, we've all managed to maintain what we set out to do. Skip the endless PROMO, have a place to come and giggle and just be yourself.

Thank you, Babes, for one of the best years of my life :)

Love and kisses,
Dakota :)

7 Comments:

  • At 12:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ummm, Kota??? You mis-spelled Disney! Oops! Did I just say that? LOL

    You all are the best - Thanks for giving us Babeville!

    Much {{HUGS}} and love,
    Pam

    PS - My exclamation point key is worn out!! *gasp* What to do? LOL

     
  • At 12:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I lub ya back Dakota and the babes :)

    And I am so TOO INNOCENT!!!!


    Erin the Innocent

     
  • At 3:37 PM, Blogger Maura Anderson said…

    Hugs, Kota!

    And I resent that trap comment! I''ll be wearing a least one pair of those shoes next year sometime!

    C found that link for me, lol

    - M

     
  • At 4:43 PM, Blogger Angela James said…

    Bwahahahaha...

     
  • At 8:45 PM, Blogger Jaynie said…

    We love you too babe in a totally non-gushy kind of way, and I swear if Mama B suggests a group hug I'm hiding under the coke couch even if Pogo did leave his condoms under there.

    Happy Anniversary Babeville - may there be many many more.

     
  • At 9:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Awwwwww...I love you too "D"
    It was great to have dinner with you and R. He is a great guy and I am pleased as punch that he makes you happy.
    I know that Gary will appreciate a little more testosterone at RT, and know that everyone else will love him too.
    Paula

     
  • At 4:42 AM, Blogger Sam said…

    I do not make teeth hurt - LOL.
    And jaynie is not as evil as she makes out to be...

    LOL
    ((((((((((HUGS BACK))))))))))))))

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger