Friday, February 10, 2006

Yer not the boss of ME!

LOLLOLLOLLOL

K--so after several quiet days, the blog stuff has begun again and this time, I HAD to laugh. I mean, out loud, rolled around on the floor until I asked my mom to get me the Depends, kind of laughing.

You know the blog I mean. You also know I can't link to the actual post, cuz I'm just not that smart. The nice author lady doesn't think I'm that smart either. She said she wasn't impressed by the intelligence of some folks who responded to her blog. Could have been me, might not have been. I'll take it as a blanket statement and assume, cuz I disagreed with her and NO one is going to boss her around, she meant me too.

Neener, neener, neener.

Okay, so first, I read the bit about how the blog folk are mad at her again. Well, again would imply more than once. Which to me, would imply that you've got the offesive thing down to a science. Naturally, the author has no clue why because said author is innocent of all charges geared toward offending anyone, right? I gotta wonder why she gets so much hate mail or whatever she calls it if she's sooooooo non-offensive. She must make a couple of people mad and two, to me, would imply she rubs a crowd the wrong way, yes?

I dunno, math was never my subject. LOLLOL

Okay then, she wasn't sure why erotic authors would comment on her blogs. She doesn't, in her mind, share fans with us naughty girls (my words, not hers). However, I hate to be the one to tell her, but I thrived on Inspirational romances as a kid. They were the only ones my mom let me read. Yet, I write erotic romances. It's just a fun genre. However, I'm not going to pit the two genre's against one another, but I will say, we DO share fans. Well, duh. How'd ya suppose this all began? Because you offended a shared fan. A fan of your work that wanted to enter a contest you said she couldn't. I can read inspirational romances if I want and YOU can't tell me I can't.

Yer not the boss of me. LOLLOL

She claimed we all "picked up the cry" when one of our "own" (one who obvioulsy drank the juice) was offended. Er, yeah, cuz we agreed with her and I do believe, I agreed with my friend very respectfully. It's true. Yet, when one of her "own" picked up the cry, that's not the same thing? When they agree with her, isn't that the same thing as "picking up the cry"? Only it's in her favor, so I guess, it isn't the same thing as when we cry.

Boo hoo.

Anyhoodles, then she said she doesn't blog for traffic and if I were smart enough, I'd go back and read through the one blog post where she directly contradicts that statment. I just can't remember which post it was. She posted what she did on her blog to begin with for the same reason I posted horse puckey back. Cuz it's horse puckey and she wants to justify, validate her plight, whatevah AND books shall sell.

If you didn't want people to come read your spin, why bother to post about e-mails and contests that no one needed to know about? OY--who are we kidding here??? She didn't do it because she was on a valiant quest to find answers and address her readers. She apparently has them ALL so she sure as heck don't need 'em from Y-O-U. Snort.

Cuz yer not the boss of me. LMAO

She also prefers well mannered people who can have civilized discussions. Sigh, um, okay and what about that particular convo wasn't civilized? it wasn't civilized if you didn't break out the shrine and altar to her, is when it wasn't civilized anymore, is my supposition.

She then went on to say that the kind of bloggers who rant and whip others (readers) into a frenzy aren't the kind of readers she wants. Yeah, riiiiight. You want 'em ALL, baby and if that statement above were true--you'd have never allowed one of your buds to begin those first posts with words like selfish.

Then, of course, the comments began. Again, with the one woman who gets a wee bit zealous in the defense of her friend. But that's okay. it's just not okay for the rest of us to do it too. You keep that in mind, would ya? Do remember your place, you unecessary root of all uncivilized discussion. LOLLOL

Then, the comments got whacky, so prepare to have the comments turned off pronto. One lady said some people put the "more" in moron. However, don't be fooled. That sort of backhanded comment will NEVER whip folks into a frenzy and I wouldn't call it "rabid" at all, would you? She said people were peeing around the perimeter of this authors blog. I kinda liked that analogy. it was funny. I snorted. I did. She said those who baited, ranted ect were trying to call attention to themselves. But never mistake the author's original post as trying to draw attention to herself. No, no. That wasn't it at all. Remember, she was on a valiant quest to post something of interest to her readers...I'd pee in my own backyard if a friend and fan of mine wasn't inadvertantly invited to pee elsewhere. Ya feel me here?

One blog commentor said it best--you generated interest in your books and that can't be a bad thing, can it?

Yeeeeahh, baby. That's right, it can't be a bad thing. If it were a bad thing and we were turning the other cheek, then this newest post never would have happened, would it?

My last blog about it was because I was a bit outraged by the comment off deal. I'm not ashamed to say I like a good discussion. I'm not ashamed to say I blogged because it was interesting and I wanted people to come read about it. Especially because I don't much get into the controversial stuff. Folks are surprised when I do. Every so often a blog posts gives me a reason to piggyback and blog about something other than R and I and our endless twisted romance. Does it bring me traffic--yep. Is that good? Yep. Did I much care if I got traffic before--yep. But I didn't care for the reasons I'll be undoubtedly be accused of. I don't blog much controversial stuff, so the majority of whatever I post is just fun stuff. I want people to read my blog and giggle. In some intances, I want to get ops, but I don't normally blog about much that's problem oriented because I lay low.

Except when I see some pretty blatant crap.

I didn't lay low this time because I was shocked at the rather two faced slant I was feeling after reading the comments. I was raised a Christian and opinions were encouraged, but the high handed arrogant stuff wasn't something that entered into it much. We didn't thump our bibles. We just quietly tried to be good people.

So after my post, I forgot about it until a friend of mine mentioned the newest post. I knew I'd get a giggle from it--so I read and watched and read some more.

See, if this weren't about liking a bit of controversy, if it wasn't about wanting a little pat on the back from your buds, if it wasn't about selling a book, then what was it about? If you're so good at not engaging folks in an argument--then what was this post about? It was insulting and condescending to some of the commentors, 'twould seem. That's what it was. Again, I say, why tell anyone about things that occur privately if you don't want to stir the old pot? None of us knew who trafficked the authors blog. Though she mentions the mucho traffic she had. It doesn't list names so we can all say, "Oooooh, look who was here." So who gave a rats fuzzy butt? Sure, lot's of people looked at it--they looked at it because the author made a bold statement, but she also turned the coments OFF, so there was nothing left to do but move on. She had as far as I knew. Her next post was about cookies, or something.

So why start all over again?

This post was about no one telling this author what she could and couldn't do.

I'm tellin' ya, when I read some of the blog posts, all I could think was, you're NOT the boss of me. It rings throughout.

And it cracked me up.

Oh and it's nothing to her if you read her blog. Man, she has a way with words, huh? Don't you feel all warm and fuzzy when you're dismissed? I had to wonder if her lurking fans felt a bit slighted by the idea that she could care less who reads her blog. We'll never know because they don't post and probably won't after being slapped down. She claims to want to emulate other bloggers who blog about things of interest. Shoot, I sure hope folks don't blog like this all the time about their readers. That's one hell of a form of flattery if she does, in fact, emulate them.

Does she have any clue how utterly crass that last crack may sound to someone who may have already been upset by her "I won't ship to the overseas folks" comments. Talk about digging the proverbial hole in an already big, honkin' ditch.

And you are NOT the boss of her. LOLLOL

Dakota :)

20 Comments:

  • At 8:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    oh for crap sake.

    frickin stupidheads.

     
  • At 8:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    my comment on her blog....

    "What makes me angry is the fact that YOU are the one that brought all this out public. YOU are the one that misrepresented someone in your blog by only posting parts of her comments in her emails to you and YOU are the one that whined when some people agreed with her. For someone that doesn't want to debate the subject you certainly seem to be blogging about it a lot. What makes me angry is your unwillingness to be open to discussion.

    This comment you made, on your own blog "But to send a book to another country requires that I make a trip to the post office, where I must stand in line to have the packages weighed." tells me I'm not worth your time.

    You're not worth my time either. It's kind of funny. I actually have one of your books in my TBR pile.... one that is going to be given away to the library or something like that because I can't be bothered to read something written by someone who tries to belittle me and insult my intelligence.

    FYI I'm done with you now. I could care less what you write. You put me into a box stereotyping me because of some of the material I choose to read. Judging me. You have no idea who I am and who I might enjoy reading."

     
  • At 10:51 PM, Blogger Maura Anderson said…

    *claps*

    Well said Erin.

    I have her on the "do not buy, not worth it" list.

     
  • At 11:37 PM, Blogger Dakota Cassidy said…

    Sadly, I can't blame you for feeling that way.

    Her superior attitude and her quest to prove she doesn't need the traffic on her blog, the readers for her books if they live overseas and the blatantly rude commentary about anyone with an op that doesn't match hers, makes for hurt feelings.

    I wonder if she just can't see that her comments come across as incredibly arrogant and abusive to the people who may read her blog and realize having an op is futile with someone who is the master of a good bait.

    However, I'm not ashamed to call it like I see it. She isn't just a strong personality--she's over the top about her desire for all to see she can't be bossed around.

    I'd say a good rule is-if you've pissed others off before, you're gonna do it again. If so many people complain about it, I'd guess it has merit, eh?

    Dakota :)

     
  • At 10:43 AM, Blogger Landra Douglas said…

    Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    K... this is how you link...

    1: Type the text you want to be able to click on

    2: Highlight it

    3: THEN click on the hyperlink, globe thingy. (Technical terms LOL) and it will ask for the web address.

    Hope this helps!

     
  • At 10:43 AM, Blogger Michelle said…

    Morning all,

    I think Ms. C. is actively seeking attention. Her post yesterday came out of left field. Like Dakota said, everyone else had moved on and I'm sure the 'hits' to Ms. C's blog had taken a dip, so she needed to whip up the flames again.

    I have little patience for people who hit and run. Ms. C is welcome to her opinions, but I will no longer visit her blog since it's clear she has no intention of an open, free, and intelligent exchange of ideas and opinions.

    Michelle

     
  • At 10:43 AM, Blogger Dakota Cassidy said…

    OH, Landra!! THANK YOU!! See, Angie--if you put it in print and I can follow it step by step--I'm good and I don't need a blog babysitter. LMAO

    Thanks, kitten :)

    DC :)

     
  • At 11:18 AM, Blogger Dakota Cassidy said…

    And again, she turned off the comments with a statement that claims she read her posts line by line and she can't see how she was rude.

    So, I'm gonna help her out--her analogy to Maury Povich and transexuals and erotic authors seems like a good place to start. She probably meant it as funny, however, it just wasn't. I didn't refer to her as a Tammy Faye wannabe on crack? Did I? Nope--I stated the facts.

    Then her friends joined in...

    Her friend, whom I think might need a surgical removal from a place some might call "backside", said we were loonies and asked that we please stay away from her blog. She said we might just be "whack". I believe whacked is the word here :). She claimed we were bitter controversy hounds which had me rolling around again because I do believe, the the first arrow was shot from over yonder, chica. Not from over here :)

    Let's see--Oh, then there was the crack about those who'd posted in defiance of her had put the "more" in moron. That was what one supporter said. Um, wow! She needs to re-read the line by line thing again, eh? How is it okay for her friends to hurl the naughty around and it isn't deleted, but anything else is? She claims folks used profanity, but we'll never know, will we? We didn't see the posts.

    I can say I think she's a rude, condescending, arrogant, hypocritical, ring leader without ONCE swearing. I chose not to because it gets us nowhere. I stated my case and left it alone. She brought it back up again for reasons known only to her. Well, I think I know the reason, I stated in it my blog, but they could be far deeper than I can ever dig.

    However, don't add insult to injury by claiming you turned off the comments because you can't find anything rude in your posts and it's time for the discussion to end. It's time for it to end because the heat is nipping at yer butt. It was pointless to bring it back up again and you got what you deserved by doing it. Don't claim innocence here, baby. Yours or your friends--that would simply be a blatant LIE :)

     
  • At 11:36 AM, Blogger Karen Scott said…

    Was I the only person who felt like kung-fooing that Mirtika Fannyhead into no-man's land?

     
  • At 11:39 AM, Blogger Dakota Cassidy said…

    LOLLOL--well, no and the reason being? She was doing exactly what those who opposed the author claimed we were.

    Calling names. Whack and loonie may not be profane, but it sure isn't very nice, now is it?

    DC :)

     
  • At 6:16 PM, Blogger Jaynie said…

    That Mir chick was the one who got me so pissy in the first place *sigh*

     
  • At 6:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I felt like doing that too Karen *s*

     
  • At 9:13 PM, Blogger Dakota Cassidy said…

    Well, keep in mind, she was simply rambling. Much of it was by and large, confusing to me

    Like I said from the start--this author goes out of her way to prove she's in charge of her blog, her life, her readers, her promotions, her friends, I'd suspect.

    it's called CONTROL FREAKING.

    She's got a good freak goin' on :)

    Dakota :)

     
  • At 10:10 PM, Blogger Shelbi said…

    Mir's the one who set me off, too. I still can't believe Brenda slammed on the 'erotic romance writers' for lacking intelligence and personality, but never said a word to Mir, who very well could be mentally imbalanced, or challenged, or something, by the way she acts. I mean why did she have to reply to every single comment made? Who appointed her the Bubonic Bodyguard, anyway?

    I wish Brenda could step back and see that she was the one who was looking for insults in what others said, not the other way around.

    I wish it wasn't so all-important for her to be 'right' all the time. If she'd just acknowledge the fact that she might be wrong about something, or at least that she needs to think about it a little more, maybe she would have made some friends instead of losing them.

     
  • At 10:34 PM, Blogger Dakota Cassidy said…

    LOLLOL Bubonic Bodygaurd.

    Aw, darlin', I'm sooo sorry you were disappointed. I think sometimes, we forget our public personas and we allow our personal views to get in the way.

    It's fine to have an op, though mine is rarely expressed one way or the other because of my public persona. Except in rare instances where I just can't stand it. However, it really isn't okay to single out any one person, place, religion or belief and call it names when you have a very public place to visit like a blog.

    I've noticed she posted twice more today. I imagine it was in an effort to push the other blog a bit further down.

    She came across as incredibly rude, condescending and a know it all.

    She really can't see the harm in posting private e-mails or calling things off when they go against what she thinks is right.

    And what she thinks is right, is her and her alone.

    I hope you're feeling better soon, doll and you forget all about this and come hang out with us sometime soon :)

    Dakota :)

     
  • At 11:22 PM, Blogger Shelbi said…

    Thanks, Dakota, and everyone else who has stopped by my blog the past couple of days. I'm a little overwhelmed, yet pleasantly surprised. I wasn't expecting anything, but I am truly grateful for your kindness.

    I am getting over it [although I blogged about dead pets tonight] and I will definitely be coming back here to visit.

    Hey, I've been thinking of a new romance genre:

    "Christian Erotica"

    Whaddaya think?

     
  • At 11:28 PM, Blogger Dakota Cassidy said…

    LOLLOL--I think, if you have an idea, anything is possible :)

    Christians have erotic fun too :)

    Dakota :)

     
  • At 6:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Can blogger have the flu too? All my comments from yesterday are gone. Gone!!

    Some people need to generate drama for people to visit their blog. Man, and I thought the secret to generating traffice was to become a blog whore with a naughty avatar. But to go around pissing everyone off? Yeesh. That's how to get readers. Yep. I always knew my mom was wrong when she said "if you can't say anything nice, shut the hell up!" Then she'd whap us with the wooden spoon.

     
  • At 7:50 AM, Blogger s.w. vaughn said…

    "Anyhoodles..."

    I love that word. :-)

    Down with the nice inspirational lady!

    -S

     
  • At 11:42 AM, Blogger Dakota Cassidy said…

    LOL, Jenna. Well, according to her, she doesn't like drama, nor does she create it. I beg to difffer.

    Thanks, S! And I don't want to see her go down, I just want her to play nicely with everyone. I'd share my Leggo's with her if she would stop throwing them. LMAO

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger