Monday, February 13, 2006

The Lonely Hearts Club

Happy Valentines Day!

Do you have special plans? Are you going to have an intimate dinner for two -- cuddle by a roaring fire? Spend the night somewhere away from home? At a small hotel? Are you going to drink champagne and feed each other chocolates?

I'm not.

LOLLOLLOLLOL

Yes, it's true. Dakota finally has a main squeeze and guess what? He's working a car show for the week in Atlanta. Can you even believe it? Didn't I say last year that if it was the last thing I did, I was going to have someone to slow dance to a sappy love song with me if it KILLED me.

I did say that. You don't know that because I didn't have a blog then. But I did say it. Last year, I was feeling a little blue on the day made for lovers. I don't know why. V-Day was never a big deal when I was married. Somehow, commercially, it becomes one and the single begin to feel as single as they've ever felt. It never much bothered me before, until I watched all the commercials that would help you find the love of your life.

I felt WAY single last year, so I joked with my son that by GOD, next year I wanted a date for V-Day if it killed me. He didn't even have to be my boyfriend or a steady suitor. I just wanted to slow dance to my favorite love song (see sentimental love song 'ho) and then he could go the hell back to his house. LMAO.

So, now, I've hit the motherlode and I got the boyfriend and the boyfriend can't be here. it is just the way with me, eh?

However, I have a little something to say about V-Day. it never was a big deal when I was married, but it is now that I'm not. Know why?

Cuz now I'm head over heels in love and it makes all the diff in the world. It seems right that I should want to celebrate a day where Cupid draws back his bow and nails some poor schmuck in the ass. He nailed me. He undoubtedly nailed R. LOL

Yet, I can't be too upset about him being gone. First, the man has to work and secondly, everyday is like V-Day with R.

We've been dating nearly seven months now and not a day goes by when he doesn't tell me how pretty he thinks I am or how much he loves me. He does all sorts of sweet things for me that have nothing to do with spending gazoodles of dollars and everything to do with feeding my soul.

He makes me laugh. He makes me sigh. He makes me feel like I'm the only person in the world who exists for him. He rubs my shoulders and my calves when they ache without me ever having to ask. He spoons like no other. He'll spend hours on the phone with me looking at shoes for a convention I'm going to and help me find the just the right pair. He indulges me in plotting a book all the time and offers some of the best selling titles I've had.

He isn't ashamed to tell me he loves me more than his testicles. ROFLMAO. Honest, he said that. Even being gone, he knew how important the Olympic figure skating is to me so he rushes back to his hotel room to call or IM with me so we can watch together. He's going to go to a con full of women for an entire week, I'll drag the poor man around from place to place, we'll hardly sleep, eat very little and when I worried he'd be bored he said, "I'll be with The Dakota Cassidy. How much better does it get than that?" I howled, cuz I'm a small fish in a big pond, but he makes me feel like I'm Jaws.

So you see what I mean? There isn't a day that goes by that I don't feel special, loved, treasured.

So, honey--this is for you. I miss you and I wish you could be here. However, in lieu of you're physcially being here, I figured I'd make my own goopy Valentine for you :)

You are the best thing that's ever happened to me. Bar none, you're the UNO champ of the world. You make my heart skip a beat when you kiss me and tell me you love me.

You make the most mundane chores in life fun and important. You support me and my craft daily. You make me secretly smile for no reason at all, other than I thought about you. You crack me up like no one else. You indulge me when I'm tired and stressed over my sons and this thing called single parenting. You offer me advice that's sane (well, okay semi sane. LOL).

You call me "Bunny". You love Kota Kitty almost as much as she loves you. LOLLOL. You have the purist of hearts and you don't hide that heart from me. You talk to me all the time. You include me. You don't get angry with me when I have an opinon that differs from yours. You've shown me that though you're Mars and I'm Venus, interplanetary communication CAN exist and exist in harmony

You've filled a void in my life I didn't even know I had.
You've subtly changed the landscape of my future without forcing me to change who I am.


You've made me a believer in finding "the one".

I love you, honey.

Happy Valentines Day, sweetie.

Bunny/Dakota :)

11 Comments:

  • At 11:17 AM, Blogger Maura Anderson said…

    awww. That's so great Kota - I'm happy for you and R!

    We'll see just when C remembers valentine's day. After 10 years I've given up on him actually remembering ON the day! This year I bought myself some candy and hid it :)

    You know, I found a great source for the bridesmaid tairas and even found some in yellow stones for Jaynie! Wonder if Kota Kitty would wear one - even for a photo shoot!

    Someday I HAVE to meet you and R in person!

     
  • At 11:27 AM, Blogger Shelbi said…

    Wow, Dakota, I misted up reading that. I've been married ten years and I still feel the same way about my husband.

    Congratulations on finding each other, may you have a lifetime of happiness.

     
  • At 11:35 AM, Blogger Sam said…

    That is so sweet *sniff*
    Happy Valentine's Day!!!

     
  • At 12:57 PM, Blogger Jaynie said…

    *gets out banana yellow bridesmaid dress and takes to cleaners*

    lol - I didn't even know it was Valentine's Day today until I looked at the calender, shows you how much we celebrate it in our house *snort*

    smooch babe,

     
  • At 3:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That is the sweetest thing!! Can you clone him so the rest of us without a man can one?

    Marissa

     
  • At 3:26 PM, Blogger Dakota Cassidy said…

    Shelbi, my love? Good on you, babe. It ain't easy to find, eh? Thanks for popping back in :)

    Maura? We'd probably make you crazy, but we're game. LOL

    Sam--back atcha, cookie. Do something romantic and French for me, will ya? LOL

    Jaynie? Put that crap away, NOW. LOLOL

    Marissa? Thanks for stopping in, sweetie. I'll see what I can do :)

    Dakota :)

     
  • At 8:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That's so sweet, Dakota.

    I mean, I felt single before I read your blog now I feel single. Thanks. lol.

    Glad you're happy, giddy in love. That's so awesome. And hey - I get the first cloned copy. I called dibs awhile ago in the LSB readers group. Me...first. Me.

     
  • At 8:48 PM, Blogger Isabella Jordan said…

    How wonderful. =) And I wish you many long years of feeling so happy in love. And it does happen. I'm coming up on 11 years with the dh and I'm still besotted with him. It's the only way to be. =)

    HVD

    Isy

     
  • At 9:39 AM, Blogger s.w. vaughn said…

    OMG I'm gushing! How wonderful for you...R sounds soooo sweet. His ears are probably ringing right now too.

    Way to go, Dakota. Here's to many happy years together for you and R.

    -S

     
  • At 3:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That was a fab post, D
    Gary is on midnite shift this week so we went to dinner on Sunday, so you were not the only one date-less on V-day.

    Besides, you are right, if you have the right person, every day can be Valentine's day - even after 25 years....
    See YOU BOTH soon!
    Paula

     
  • At 8:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Aw Jeeeez, Bunny. What can I say to that??? If I say "Ditto", it just doesn't sound the same, ya know? But, back at you ten fold. :)

    Every day with you is like christmas morning, Honey. I know I always say it in my best NY accent, but I always mean it... "Yer da best". Hands down, bar none.

    I'll save the rest of the sappy stuff for when I see you today.

    ~R - The Lucky Champ

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger