Saturday, January 28, 2006

Wanna rumble, er, please?

Maybe just a little?

Here's the scoop. I was saying to R just the other day, "You know, honey, we've been dating six months (far longer than ANY man has been able to keep me--except when it involves a ball and chain and committment and vows in front of God and all), and we haven't had a fight. This worries me." Yes, we had our sxth month anniversary with little or no fanfare. Actually, R slept through most of it. LOLLOL

However, we've not had a single fight in all this time. Not one thing, even his penchant for sleeping round the clock never bothers me. Not his love of motocross, not his obsession with junk food, not his anything.

What the hell?

Surely we're due for a knock down, drag out, tarred and feathered, name calling, brawl, no? How can it be that we haven't fought about a single thing? I know the ex and I went 'round long before six months. I know R and his ex did too.

So I'm laying in wait. or is it lying? I can never remember. Anyway, I'm worried that when we do have a fight, if we do, it'll be the mother of all fights. They'll have to call in CSI when it's over.

I mean, I haven't even sqeulched a fight. I haven't even had to resist one. Not one. I can't imagine what I'd do if we didn't watch TV together every night on the phone when we aren't together. We have a routine. Certain shows on certain days, ya know? if we had a fight and I had to watch Skating with Celebrities without him, I'd be very sad. He even watches dancing with the stars with me. He gives good commentary...

Shoot, I hope if we do have a fight, we have one like on a Friday when hardly anything good is on. LOLLOL

What does this mean? Why aren't I irritated with him? Is it because we don't live together? The ex and I didn't live together before we were married and we fought. For all the time we don't spend in each other's physical presence, forgetting to put the cap on the toothpaste, we spend on the phone, or IM. Surely, by now, we'd have had a fight?

I'm worried. I'm very, very worried. I just know I'll cry a river if we have a fight, but if we don't have a fight won't we explode? I mean, anger overload-us and all?

How can this be healthy? I know Dr. Phil would have something to say about this.

I just want to get it over with. Soon, so we can put it on our checklist of things to do and call it a day.

Honey? Wanna rumble? LOLLOL

Dakota :)

17 Comments:

  • At 11:12 PM, Blogger Maura Anderson said…

    So is it really the FIGHT part you want or the make up sex?

     
  • At 11:17 PM, Blogger Dakota Cassidy said…

    LOLLOL--well, duh!

    DC :)

     
  • At 11:17 PM, Blogger Dakota Cassidy said…

    LOLLOL--well, duh!

    DC :)

     
  • At 11:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I could trip you or something but I'm not having make up sex...

    oh wait! You meant a fight with R?

    Sorry I can't help you out there.

    Erin the Innocent

     
  • At 11:39 PM, Blogger Jaynie said…

    It's cos y'all play UNO lots - we only fight when not enough UNO is happening - lots of UNO makes people nice and relaxed and chilled.

     
  • At 11:56 PM, Blogger Maura Anderson said…

    LOL - who wants to use their energy for a fight when there's UNO to use it on!

     
  • At 3:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Let's just say that you both are older and have learned from previous mistakes...you have learned what is important, and how to communicate.

    Most fights that are not from UNO deprivation are communication based, and you to are the champs of communication. Hence, no fighting.

    You ex was a secretive, two-faced conniving jerk who lived to put you down. Of course you fought - you were fighting for survival!

    Don't sweat this babe, when it happens, it will be quickly resolved because you both COMMUNICATE!! (And because you are smart enough to recognize your soul mated...)

     
  • At 7:02 AM, Blogger Angela James said…

    All the other posters are just being nice to you. Give up now. Your relationship is doomed.

    Bwahahahahaha...

     
  • At 8:55 AM, Blogger Karen Scott said…

    Dakota, don't stress. The honeymoon period has been known to last up to 18 months.

    You will have fights, just be grateful you haven't felt the need yet.

    Six months? Geez, where does the time go.

     
  • At 10:04 AM, Blogger Dakota Cassidy said…

    Oh, Angie. Thank you for being the bucket of cold water on my head. I can always count on you. LOLLOL

    P?--See, the ex and I didn't fight much either after we'd been married a few years--he waited loooong periods of time and then, nailed me without warning. Usually in the form of another, ahem, person So yeah, you're right about the survival thing.

    Karen--LOL. OKay. When 18 months hits--we're gonna have the BIG ONE. LOL

     
  • At 9:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Now Bunny, I hate to state the obvious but, we have sympatico. It's a blessing, and rather than fight it, just roll with it, Baby. ;)

    Maybe we should get a set of Socker-Boppers, and go a few rounds? The loser has to do The Cleanse? LMAO

    ~R - The Sympatico Champ

    P.S. For those who were deprived as a child, Socker-Boppers are those inflatable things that look like giant Dot candies that kids can slip their hands into, to use like giant inflatable boxing gloves.

     
  • At 10:07 PM, Blogger Dakota Cassidy said…

    Oh, no. you started the cleanse, there's NO WAY you're chickening out and putting that on ME, baby.

    I like my intestines in me, not the toilet. LOL

    Dakota :)

     
  • At 7:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh face it, you want make up sex. I know it, you know it, everyone else knows it. You can always stick your foot out randomly trip him then when he's down you can molest him. Hm...that's not much of a fight. I got nothin'. Sorry.

     
  • At 2:19 PM, Blogger Dakota Cassidy said…

    But -- but, I don't need makeup sex if I have it regularly, do I, Jenna? LOLLOL

    Dakota :)

     
  • At 8:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yeah. I suppose. (sighs wistfully) But make-up sex is better. I suppose though if you aren't getting make-up sex you can't compare. Poor Dakota.

    Or maybe you should get those nerf bats.

    Should I be worried that my verification has klr in it? Kill her? Kill who? Or am I the killer? Oh crap! How does blogger know? (looks around nervously) I um, have to go, um, do something....(flees)

     
  • At 6:21 AM, Blogger Shiloh Walker said…

    i consider myself lucky if the DH and I go more than oh... say... two weeks without some sort of argument.

    but six months? Dakota, i think you're heading for a place in the dating hall of fame.

    so have you scheduled your arguement yet?

     
  • At 1:14 PM, Blogger Dakota Cassidy said…

    Shi--I think I need to get a calendar. LOLLOL

    Thanks, babe :)

    Dakota :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger