Thursday, December 29, 2005

Xmas with the R's :)

Hookay, so I'm back and I had a lovely, if not chilly time in MI. I reeeeaallly loved the cold weather. I shivered, I shook, I undoubtedly thought warm thoughts, but it was so great to have to wear my cute new coat and boots :)

Sooooo, let's see. How can I describe Xmas with a bunch of people that are just like R? LOL. It's like hanging out with similar versions of the original. Everyone has a wise ass remark--everyone can make you laugh at least once.

They have no shame in talking about anything and I do mean anything. I'd tell ya what anything was, but I just can't bring myself to do it. it would mean I'd have to reveal a part of me you really do NOT need to know about. Snort. It was the source of much fodder for them and for me, it involved a cleansing of my entire, freakin' intestinal track. LOLLOL

There was much food to be had during the course of our stay, leading right up to the Xmas Eve feast--R's sister is an awesome cook and we had this appetizer called Shit on a Shingle.

I, personally, could have been happy to have that and ONLY that for the entire feast on Xmas Eve. It's ground beef and ground sausage cooked together with a bit of Oregano and garlic salt, then you throw in some Velveeta cheese and mix it up. Slap it on little rye toast squares and cook it in the oven.

Oh, happy day is this stuff ever YUMMY. I was tempted to snatch the plate, but thought maybe, seeing as it was my first official gathering of the R's, it might appear gluttonous--so I refrained, but it took everything I had in me not to :) My back nine and thighs are very grateful.

I totally have a couple of special favorites in R's family. He's got the cutest ever niece and a BIL I'll call DB who cracks me up. DB and I did a bit of kitchen duty together and he gave me a FAB recipe for quiche Lorraine. DB cooks and cleans and shops. He's mostly pretty quiet, but when we did clean up duty--DB got snarky and I like that in a guy. He also makes a kick ass brandy and egg nog.

Anyway, I met all of his family this time 'round. He has four brothers and a sister--all very nice. I met his nieces and nephews and assorted SIL's. I have to say, their all kinda spooky nice, ya know? Like really nice and they all said they'd heard sooooo much about me. I was a little afraid of what they might have heard--so I shut my yap and smiled all nice like, preparing to refute all charges :)

No telling what R may have slandered me with. LOLLOL

We spent part of our time at his sisters and the next half at his mom's. R's mom is the cutest woman ever. I swear, she's beyond nice and not at ALL like the kind of mom I am. Had it been my sons new girlfriend in my kitchen with me--we'd have gone 'round about her intentions. Then, we'd have gone 'round again just so she knew who was boss. But not R's mom--she's as sweet as the day as long--can totally take a joke and wants to read the book R helped me plot.

See Dakota cringe, then, see her cringe again, cuz it has some DIRTY words. I told her that, but she paid no mind to my blustering. She wants me to send it. I say okay and FULLY expect never to be invited to sit at the R table again. I'll be in the corner with the potty mouths, thank you. LMAO

We bowled with R's HS friend and his girlfriend. I am proud to say, I SUC at bowling. I scored a 34--yes, I did and I ain't ashamed to admit it. Well, I am a little, but I figured I'd better be truthful because R will out me anyway. LOL

We also had Coney Island hot dogs--A LOT. R had them almost every day we were there and I had some with him. OY--were they good. Almost like the ones in NY. I also had this thing called Pizzapopolis (sp). Holy thick and gooey. It was awesome.

So, all in all I had a really great holiday. R and I didn't even have a fight. Not one. Six solid days of DC and R, 24/7 and nothing. We didn't even fight at the airport over luggage.

I don't know what this means. Surely we've gone askew? I really expected us to snarl at least a little. He didn't even get mad because I snored like a truck driver. Not once.

'Course, he hasn't called me since we got back on Wednesday...

LOLLOL--I'm kidding :)

So, many thanks to R's family and R, who made Xmas a much more pleasant event than it's been in years and for keeping me from dwelling on the fact that my boys were gone and it was our first Xmas apart.

Dakota :)

4 Comments:

  • At 4:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ah man Kota, I'm glad you had such a FAB time with R and his family, they sound great!!!!

    I'm glad they took your mind off the boys too, they'll be home before you know it!

    Have a great New Year's Eve too!!

    Hugs,
    Sheryl

     
  • At 7:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    lol welcome back. I'm glad you had a great time :)

    ummmmm 34??? WOW I'm impressed!

     
  • At 9:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It was so great to take you with me, Bunny. It made my christmas as well.

    As for the snoring, I found it strangely soothing. But, I did grow up living on a highway with a lot of semi-trucks rumbling through all night. :)

    It was a great time, Hon. Here's hoping for many more. :)

    ~R - The Coney Dog Champ

     
  • At 2:58 AM, Blogger Dakota Cassidy said…

    Thanks, ladies--good to be home!

    and--awwww, honey--I soooo love you.I'm game for more if you are :)

    Dakota :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger