Friday, December 16, 2005

To you and yours...

A very happy holiday!

I'm preparing to leave for the wilds of MI (which you'd think was Hell with Coney Island hot dogs the way R describes it) and I figured I'd better hit ya'll with a merry wish before I go.

So, I had very little shopping to do this year. I bought the kids off (snort) and my mom said to take her to dinner when I get back (Red Lobster here we come for shrimp fest or something). I will tell you, I had a shopping experience that I can't share until after the holidays. However, it was, in usual Dakota fashion, rather crazy. LMAO

I got my hair done, my nails are done too--had the old wax of the uni-brow and now, I'm just waiting to hit the snow.

I'm pumped that I'll have a white Christmas. I need one. Just can't get into it here in TX where it kinda still looks like fall and feels like it too.

Anyway, from my heart to yours, I hope Santa brings you just what you hoped for. Like a box that says TIFFANY, but isn't a re-gift in a Tiffany box (LOLLOL). Plenty of warm holiday memories to remember fondly, loads of good food, friends and most importantly, family.

If you have little ones, soak up the joy and anticipation they bring to a good wait on Santa and proudly displaying milk and cookies they've made themselves.

If you're spending it with family, hold off on knocking your weird uncle Al out with a right hook of fruitcake and instead, delight in the good giggle you can have if you take his pic and throw darts at it later.

If you're doing the office party this year, have some extra egg nog and start a round of karaoke. Sing "I'm too sexy" with the night cleaning crew--your garbage can in your office will always be empty in 2006 :)

Most of all, do whatever it is that makes you happy. If you're a sap like me, then you're watching Christmas cartoons and sobbing uncontrollably, longing for the days when your kids watched them with you. R watched them with me this year--ain't he just the dreamiest?

Keep in mind the spirit of the season which is to hang out with the folks you love and enjoy one another. Skip the frenzied rush to buy a bunch of stuff that will only run up your credit cards and make you cranky because you can't afford more than the min payment.

Treasure your family and revel in the joy being with them brings.

Blessings of the Season,
Dakota :)

9 Comments:

  • At 5:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Have tons of fun and make sure you get into a snowball fight. Warming up after wards is a lot of fun.

    Diane M.

     
  • At 11:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Spending time with family, yes, that's what's important. It's tough getting wrapped up in the rush of Christmas shopping, etc. Have to remember what it's all about.

     
  • At 8:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Ms. Cassidy,

    I just wanted to pop in and say hello and tell you how much I love your books. I read "Cofessions of a Wanna Be Witch" this weekend and it was terrific! I can't wait for the next installment of your werewolf family - they are such a hoot!! I think I've got just about everything you've got available for puchase right now and look forward to many more wonderful stories in the future! Thanks for your stories!!
    Hugs,
    Robin Snodgrass

    PS Today is my 18th wedding anniversary and so I just wanted to say WooHoo! :)

    Have a Fabulous Christmas and Terrific New Year!!!

     
  • At 9:19 AM, Blogger Dakota Cassidy said…

    D--thanks, babe! you too!

    Chey--indeed this is the right frame of mind to have :) Hugs, you soon to be NY Times bestseller.

    Robin--thank you ever so much, darling! I'm thrilled you've enjoyed COAWW and thanks for saying so :)

    Hugs,
    Dakota :)

     
  • At 9:20 AM, Blogger Dakota Cassidy said…

    oh and Robin? Happy 18--here's to MANY, MANY more :)

    Dakota :)

     
  • At 12:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks hon!

    Hope you have a great time being R's snow-bunny....LOL

    Paula

     
  • At 1:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dakota,

    Have fun being a snow bunny...LOL...and have a wonderful Christmas with R and his family.

    Lubs ya,
    Sheryl

     
  • At 1:25 PM, Blogger Karen Scott said…

    Have a good time Dakota, and don't do anything I wouldn't!!

    MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

     
  • At 4:18 PM, Blogger Dakota Cassidy said…

    Thanks, ladies!!

    Hugs and kisses,
    DC :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger