Thursday, December 01, 2005

Ho freakin' ho

OY. I could use a dose of Xmas fever, huh? It so used to be my most favorite holiday, but this year, I feel a little displaced -- out of sorts, ya know? I don't quite know why. Maybe it's that the boys are getting older, they don't want to make cookies and stuff.

They suck. LOL

It's December, but it doesn't feel like it here in the state where everything is chicken fried, but it is.

So, Christmas is coming. My boys will be in Jersey with their father and I'll be with R in MI. I'm not decorating the house this year, which was once my passion, cuz I'm just not into it.

My neighbors put up tons of stuff--I didn't even want to compete with them. While they were fighting gale force winds to put up lights, I cackled maniacally. LMAO I know, terrible, yes?

This will be my first Christmas without the boys and the first with R. How odd that it should be such a separation of my devotions, huh? Especially at Christmas.

I know we could do the whole thing before the boys leave, but they want money this year. No one wants to open presents with me...greedy little Satan's spawn, I say. LOL

R tells me his family has a big thing at his sister's house--so it'll be fun to watch the little ones open gifts. Mine are going to be counting the change from their Xmas bucket and gleefully spending it in their heads before they ever get to the store.

They don't even want to watch Xmas shows with me. R did, though. He watched Rudolph with me over an IM.

I really miss the times when the kids were little. It was so much more fun.

Maybe I need grandchildren?

OY--I take that back. I can wait for grandchildren until I'm 100. I'll borrow someone else's kids until then. LOLLOL

Dakota :)

3 Comments:

  • At 8:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    LMAO
    You're right :) Christmas has been a lot more fun the last couple of years now that I have a niece :) (well I already had a niece and nephew before the last couple of years but they've been teenagery and smelly for a while now, not nearly as much fun at Christmas time as the 2 year old cutie pie!)

    Merry Christmas Dakota :) I know you'll have a great day even though you'll miss your boys.

    Erin the Innocent

     
  • At 3:22 PM, Blogger Jaynie said…

    You can have my kids *snort*

    I'm sure you and Rob will have a fab time.

    smooch,

     
  • At 2:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I agree completely. While Jessica was away at school, it was impossible to feel like doing the usual things. Now she is back home, and while we probably won't have a tree, at least we did the outside.

    No one wants presents tho - just $$

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger