Friday, November 25, 2005

WIthout a hitch

That's how Thanksgiving dinner went.

I'm proud to say my turkey was moist--my sons ate like humans, versus animals at a trough. R shared disgusting man/boy jokes with them and cracked on my gravy.

When I cook my gravy (for which I'm an EXPERT, dammit), I leave all of the goopy stuff in there, so it blends and seasons, then I thicken, chop up a wee bit of turkey and then, before adding, I strain the goopy stuff. R was very concerned it was goopy innards. So he cracked on it.

Sigh. There's nothing like dealing with THREE children, ya know? LMAO

However, it was fab. See me stick my tongue out at him. LOL

Anyway, I actually had time to curl my hair all cute like in favor of rolling dough and churning homemade butter. It was WONDERFUL.

I'd highly recommend a turkey in a bag. I cooked mine in one of those Reynold's bags and it was awesome.

Everything went off without a hitch. No one has botchelism (sp?) and for the most part, we hung out and just enjoyed each other's company.

Next up is Xmas. My sons will be in Jersey this year, which kills me, but to soften the blow, R invited me to spend it with him and his family in MI.

7 days of nothing but R and I. I'm hoping we don't have our first fight. LOLLOL. I vote we sleep all day and night while we're there. I could use some rest.

I don't have to cook Xmas dinner this year either. I feel a smidge lost. I need to peel a bazillion pounds of potatoes or I just don't feel whole, ya know? LOL

Anyway, R says it usually snows in MI. Nearly every year, in fact. I'm SO happy I could weep.

I say--Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow :)

Dakota :)

3 Comments:

  • At 7:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Glad to hear you had such a relaxing day! Gary had the nerve to "volunteer" our house for a 10-person meal this year. You have seen my house, you know how small it is....
    The good part was the other people did the meat cooking, and I had to do the rest. Not too bad....the pies came from the store.
    We only had to put the loveseat and end table in Jessica's room so that the two borrowed tables would fit in my living room....exiled the cat to our bedroom and the dogs outside.

    Christmas in Michigan sounds lovely. I would like to see snow (not drive or walk in it) on Christmas day. Hope you have a great time....no fighting allowed!

     
  • At 10:12 PM, Blogger Dakota Cassidy said…

    Well, if R starts it first...LOL

    DC :)

     
  • At 7:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I cheated. We were supposed to go to my M&D's for TG, but my oldest son had to work, and we couldn't leave him home to spend the holiday alone! But as for the cheating, I bought TG in a box from the Supermarket. Came with a cooked turkey that just needed heating, mashed potatoes, gravy, green bean almondene, cranberry orange relish, rolls and a pumpkin pie. Damned easiest TG, I tell you. LOL. Easier cleanup and I wasn't exhausted working my a** of just to have everyone eat and go watch football. LOL

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger