Monday, October 17, 2005

Nine inch er, hardware

I got a date tonight--yep, with my honey.

Guess what we're going to do?

No, we're not going to pick up litter and save the environment one ding-dong wrapper at a time.

We're going to see Nine Inch Nails, or as I fondly call them, Nine Inch Screws. LOLLOLLOLLOL

So anyone who knows me, probably knows I'm not much for depressing--debilitating--doomed music. I like Barry Manilow, for crap's sake.

Well, NIN is a HUGE departure from Barry or much else that I've listened to in this lifetime.

R LOVES NIN. Through the various stages of our relationship he's sent me many of their songs to shock me--croon to me--help me to see the joy that is his own personal NIN.

I think I'm still blind, cuz I just don't get it. LMAO

This NIN is a tough thing to get into. The man who's in charge of all of this angst, Trent Resnor (shoot, I hope I spelled that right) is about as happy as a cow at a beef lovers convention. The words he writes are forlorn, sad, depressing, hopeless, filled with despair. I know, cuz I read 'em.

I have no idea how it is that R and I share the same brain. I'm going to assume he shares the half that's got the "scary issues" and I have the half that chooses to sugar coat them with the likes of Tom Jones and The Carpenters. LMAO

Nontheless--I KNEW when R said he had tickets, he was going to want me to go and I'm fully willing to go and experience this malestrom of desperation with him, cuz he assures me they have cool flashy things and lot's of interesting people.

I dig a good people watch.

I offered to dye my hair back to its original color (almost black) and throw on my leather boots and black nail polish for the concert. R declined...hmmmm.

Anyway, that's what we're doing tonight and if nothing else, I'm ALL about a good adventure. I love, love, love a new experience. I love to see people in their environs and I love to do things I wouldn't normally do.

I fell in love, didn't I? That was about as far from normal as I could have anticipated.

Anyone eles out there an NIN fan? Heard some of the lyrics? Oy VAY, they're whacked. But still, I get to hang out with R in the process and do something I never would have done without him.

Now, he owes me a Barry concert. BIG TIME. LOLLOL

I'll let ya know how it goes. I have to run because I just KNOW I have black nail polish somewhere--I need to give it time to dry :) Tee hee.

Dakota :)

1 Comments:

  • At 9:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    *snort* I hope you had fun Dakota :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger