Sunday, October 30, 2005

My thingamajigg :)

Sigh.

Did you hear that?

A BIG, breathy, girlie, SIGH?

That was me.

Yes, again, I'm blogging about my honeybunch. He truly is the best.

Tonight, after he awakened from his comatose state, he said what do you want to do, Bun? He'd mentioned going to browse at his fav electronics store, Frys earlier in the day before nap two. R is the perfect combo of consumer and techie. He knows pretty much everything there is to know about junk and he loves to see, hear and touch all the new stuff that comes out.

So, being the girlfriend I am, I say, Le'ts go to Fry's and browse, honey. I don't much care where we go, or if we go at all. I just like to hang out with him.

Off we go to Frys and check out all of the new HD--TV's and stuff and then we get to the comp section, which R really loves.

He's all checking out this wee thingamajig that goes to your comp, but I really have no clue what it is. He asks how much storage I have on something on my comp and I go, dunno, honey. SO I go off to watch some video that's caught my attention. Pretty, shiny things suck me in everytime.

Now he's got this wee thingy in his hand (snort. That sounds lewd. LOLLOLLOL) the entire time we're browsing and I still have NO clue it's for ME. I AM lame personified.

He goes to pay--I go out to smoke.

We come home and he says let's go put the wee thingamajig in your comp.

I see the package and it's EXPENSIVE. I begin to balk--he shushes me. I balk some more, he puts it in my comp.

It's this tiny keychain thing that holds all of my files from my comp. Like my MS'. I can take them anywhere and hook them up to any USB port and have my stuff. Do you have any idea how important that is to me?

Have I said how much I love this man? I wish he wouldn't spend that kind of money on me, but he's so thoughtful--especially seeing as I lost a bunch of stuff not long ago and he knew it.

Who needs some silly bunch of flowers that die when you have a thingamajigg AND a man that is that good to you?

Dakota :)

3 Comments:

  • At 1:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    :) :)

    Okay... for the tech-oriented, it was a 1gb USB thumb-drive. The cool thing (...see the nerd side coming out here?) is that this one is particularly small. Maybe the size of a quarter, and it has a keychain hook on it. Pretty sweet.

    But, it's easy... backs up her files... and wasn't really THAT expensive. Seemed like a no-brainer to me. ;)

    ~R - The Nerd Champ

     
  • At 11:53 AM, Blogger Dakota Cassidy said…

    You're the hottest nerd I know, babe :)

    Dakota--the not so nerdy, but fully willing to let her man guide her on the path of the nerd righteous :)

     
  • At 7:52 PM, Blogger Paige Burns said…

    So cool! HOWEVER...Do not let small dogs or children around it! My first flash drive I was so happy with and thrilled that my very first ms that I edited I could take it and edit it whereever there happened to be a computer. The day I went to finish the last page I couldn't find the flash drive for the life of me. I was frantic. I locked myself in my room for three days and went through the ms again, editing and turned it in on time. 6 weeks later my Grandmother came out of her bedroom..."Is this your cell phone?" I almost died. We'd turned the house upsidown and it had been in her room the entire time!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger