Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Getting to know you

I got a date with my honey.

An overnight date.

Don't get all thinking wicked-like. We're going to a movie premier in Austin and staying overnight.

Not a big deal to most, I'd suppose. However, for this newbie "girlfriend", it's brand spanking new.

We haven't shared the same night-night time space. I mean, I drool. I snore (like a fricken' truck driver) and I look far worse than anything the cat can drag in in the morning. I snuggle with my pillow like it's a lover (I do). I don't spoon with anything but my damn bowl of cereal. I didn't even when I was married. Well, there are reasons for that, obviously, but I still didn't. I spread out in my bed--I suck at sharing when it comes to my Egyptian cotton.

I have morning breath. I NEED a mainline of coffee in IV form first thing, or I snarl. I get those pillow creases in my cheek (like I said, I snuggle with it. LOL) because I don't move much. I sleep the sleep of the dead.

R has never seen me look anything but cute (okay, there's been a time or two I wasn't so cute) or at the very least, seductively mussed. He certainly hasn't seen me in the morning with dark circles under my eyes and my nightie up around my cellulite riddled ass.

Then, there's the whole meeting his mom thing. I'm really GOOD with people. My ex mother-in-law (rest her soul) loved me. I know I shouldn't worry. I'm friendly, funny and warm. What if his mother doesn't like those things? What if she likes quiet and introverted?

I'm fricken' sunk, is what.

But that can't be, cuz look at R. He's the king to my queen of snarky responses. He had to get that somewhere, didn't he?

I'm worrying needlessly, right?

I know that's what you're thinking. But you're thinking that while you sit at your comp already having slept with your S/O or spouse. He KNOWS what you look like in the morning. You're thinking that because you've already met the spouses family and they love you--adore you--think you're the best thing that's ever happened to their baby.

I cannot be the best thing to happen to ANYONE'S baby, let alone a grown man. I write EROTIC romance novels, for crap's sake. I'm a certified, wise-cracking, smart assed, NUT.

Oooooh, I'm doomed. I just know it.

I think tonight I'm going to practice sleeping on my back so my hair won't be in afro mode by tomorrow. I think I'm also going to practice being very quiet and smiling--only speaking when spoken to.

I can do this, right?

Fingers crossed for me, now. LOLLOL

Dakota :)

6 Comments:

  • At 6:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Rob's family will adore you! You are an articulate, witty, beautiful lady raising two wonderful sons. Just be yourself and who could help but love you. (And if they do not -- its their lost! LOL)

    Hugs,
    Bonita

     
  • At 7:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I second that opinion!

    And the bed-head worries??
    .....believe me, R will still think you look seductively mussed....

    Have a great time, hon!
    Paula

     
  • At 4:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You will look wonderful like always and have a great time.

    Diane

     
  • At 8:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Have a fabulous time Dakota :)

     
  • At 7:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    LOL, Dakota. You'll look terrific no matter what. :-) As you can see I have internet in TN. Yay!

     
  • At 10:09 PM, Blogger Dakota Cassidy said…

    Aw, thanks, ladies! And, Chey? Weeee doggie, doll!

    Love and kisses,
    DC :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger