Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Desperate times...

Alrighty--so, R has an event this week. A car show he has to whip together and that means we don't much get to see each other.

Hence, desperate times. LOL. We still talk on the phone when he leaves work and watch TV when he gets home, but we live a half an hour apart and sometimes that gets in the way of our "together" time, ya know? If he gets home at 8:30--I get there by nine, he NEEDS to be in bed by eleven at the latest because his days are long as of late. So it doesn't mean much together time until things slow down :) We snatch what we can here and there.

Anyway, we'd both had crappy days. My comp had a 160 dollar issue, my mail has gone to Siberia and my oldest son has decided to rival Beezlebub for his throne in Hell. R had a car issue and in general, much stuff going on for this event.

So what do we do?

Whine.

Together, because why do it alone? LOL

Anyway, R calls and says, "Wanna leave the house?" I say, I wanna leave the country. He says, if ya leave within the next ten minutes we can meet at my house. I say, but you're soooo tired and you need sleep. He pooh-pooh's me. I say I look like crap. He says that's okay, cuz really, what's new? LOL. No, he didn't say that. I made him promise we'd agree on a time and I'd hit the bricks so he could go to bed at a reasonable hour. When we get together, we lose track of time. We get greedy and there have been many, many nights when we've parted at three or four and had to get up at 7.

So, I've been playing mom in that regard and on weekenights, making us adhere to a strict rule of saying goodnight. Of course, allowing for the big goodbye at the door. LOL

R agrees 11 is our cut off and I hit the road in like 9 minutes and 52 seconds flat. A couple of hours together is better than none.

I get to his house and when I see him, I remember how nuts I am about him, because it's like seeing your best friend, whom you haven't seen in what feels like forever and the love of your life, all in one. I think I forget how much I miss actually being with him because we talk so much on the phone. So when I do, it's like we're an old married couple and a new exciting relationship kinda all at once. We know each other well, but there's still plenty of surprises. I know, I know, I didn't think we'd be able to do that, surprise each other because we're so much alike and our brains share a residence, but we do. Or he does, anyway. He's constantly surprising me in small ways-- that add up to one big surprise.

So off we go to snuggle on the couch and then, he says, I have a surprise.

I'm hoping it's a check for 160 bucks for my comp.

Wrong.

R goes off and gets a pillow and throws it on the floor.

AHA, I think to myself! I know what this surprise is--this is the one where I pretend to be Helga, lost in the Swiss Alps, cold and alone and you pretend to be Sven the big, hunky lumberjack who rescues her, takes her to his secluded cabin and makes her his bitch, thus shearing your sheep for Spring, surprise, right? See Dakota wiggle her eyebrows and swing her long blonde braids. LOL. I'm kidding.

Wrong.

Know what he did? He gave me a massage, knowing how much my shoulder and neck are troubling me, with a nice massage oil.

Then, he force fed me German Chocolate fudge and told me one small piece would NOT make my thighs explode. Then, he kissed me goodnight at our agreed upon time and I went home.

No ulterior motives--no concern for the fact that he'd had a crappy day too. Just something nice, sweet, caring, for me and me alone.

He really IS the best boyfriend ever. I know I blog about it all the time, but I think with each new discovery, each new experience I have with this "in love" thing, I'm more and more surprised. I suppose, surprised is better than expectant, yes? Otherwise, I'd become complacent and just take all the good stuff for granted. I blog about it because somehow, seeing it on the comp screen, helps me to put it all into perspective.

I've always said R was good to me in ways he didn't even know, but he treats me with such a tender heart, puts me before him almost always and I don't even think he realizes it. It's just his nature and you won't EVER hear me complain.

His idea of a relationship has absolutely nothing to do with anything monetary and a whole lot to do with tending to the emotions involved. Cultivating the bond that grows between two people when they fall in love, versus showering it with "stuff".

I've had "stuff". I don't much care for it in comparison. I far prefer R's method of madness. I'd eat at McDonalds with him forever if it means all the other stuff keeps coming :)

So last night, I went to sleep with a sigh and a smile on my face.

I am one lucky chick indeed.

Life is really good :)

Dakota :)

6 Comments:

  • At 11:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    glad you finished this train of thought...LOL

    It sounds heavenly....of late all I get is, "Honey can you rub my feet??" because those steel-toed workboots are hell.....

    Gary shows his affection in domestic ways....clean dishes, sparkling floors and laundry that is done before the weekend....also priceless, but heck, I wanna massage! :-(

    Loveya!
    P

     
  • At 12:10 PM, Blogger Dakota Cassidy said…

    My Internet access went out right in the middle of posting it, yet it posted the partial. LOL

    Ask my Gary if he feels affectionate towards me...LMAO

    Love ya back,
    DC :)

     
  • At 12:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I just finished talking to him before he left for work....

    He says that you have found another and that he has only the most platonic feelings for you....even though your carnality is potent....

    LMAO

     
  • At 7:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You know, you really know how to make those of us who have been married for almost 20 years rather jealous. LOL. My dh and I will truly celebrate our 20th in Jan., and we are truly so non-romantic. But we love one another and that's what counts.

    What a sweetie you have there!

    Hugs,

    Chey

     
  • At 10:46 AM, Blogger Dakota Cassidy said…

    P? Yeah, that's me--one hot tamale. LMAO

    Chey? You're absolutely RIGHT. Makes no diff how you show one another you love them, just that you do :)
    And, yeah, he's a GREAT guy :)

    Smooches,
    DC :)

     
  • At 11:28 AM, Blogger Dakota Cassidy said…

    LOL, MH. Yeah, we're pretty damn miserable :)

    DC :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger