Thursday, September 22, 2005

Weee doggie!

K--I feel good today. I got a bit of good news on this article I wrote some months back.

I was asked to do it because I'm mid life (OY) and at the time, I was dating.

Like a date slut, in fact.

Anyway, through a friend of a friend, a nice lady from a newspaper in SF asked me to write a snarky view on dating when you're "my age". LOLLOL.

At the time, I didn't realize it was supposed to be women 40 and over. I'm 38. Not for much longer, but at the time I wrote it, I was. They made me change my opening line to "hovering at forty".

I didn't care, cuz it was going to be in print with a bunch of other people I didn't know, but was told were great writers.

So, I wrote the article. My snarky view on signing up on an Internet date-site and the results I reaped as a newly single dater.

It was fun. It took all of twenty five minutes. They paid me. I smiled. It was good. LOL

Today I got an e-mail from the nice lady I wrote it for and apparently she's been doing interviews to promote it and one is going to be in USA today.

Way cool, huh?

it's a paperback. I don't know where it'll be available. LMAO. It's called Women of a certain age. Yeah, that's me--a certain age.

My contribution is called Not so sex and the city. Cuz I wasn't having sex and all, ya know? I don't even live in the city, but who needs to know that?

Anyway--I'll have some tangible proof that I really DO write books. My sons even doubt my e-book validity. They suck sometimes. LOL

I think I'm going to sleep with my copy when I can figure out where it will come out and how to buy one. Then, I'm going to have it bronzed.

Like I said, weee doggie :)

DC :)

6 Comments:

  • At 12:05 PM, Blogger Angela James said…

    "Cuz I wasn't having sex and all, ya know?"

    So, since this is in past tense I guess this means you're banging the headboards doing the funky monkey dance, hmm?

     
  • At 12:18 PM, Blogger Dakota Cassidy said…

    Isn't that an ice cream flavor?

    DC :)

     
  • At 1:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am not EVEN going to comment on that!!

    You will keep us posted on how we can obtain said book, right??

    You know how I am about anything in print...LOL
    Paula

     
  • At 1:29 PM, Blogger Dakota Cassidy said…

    I do, babe--I shall :)

    DC :)

     
  • At 2:49 PM, Blogger Jaynie said…

    wicked babe - congrats

     
  • At 7:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    YAY!!!! :) Congrats Kota :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger