Saturday, September 03, 2005

Poor babies

So, R hurt his back.

I haven't experienced him in the throws of agony yet, so I wasn't sure if he'd be a candy ass, or take it like a man. LOLLOL

I HATE to be sick and I HATE to admit I am. When I'm sick, I ignore all of the chicken soup and cough medicine crap my mom shoves down my throat and I keep moving. No matter how ill, I work, sleep what I can off and never give in unless it incapacitates me.

So I told R I'd meet him at home after work and we'd ice/heat him, then massage if it might help relieve the pain. He was having trouble standing upright, so I figured it must be kinda bad and I didn't want him to have to get up and down to let the puppies out or get what he needed ect. I'm VERY good at the nurturing stuff. It may not seem like I have a softer side (except my ass, LOL), but I do. When my sons are sick, which is rare, I pull out all the stops. I cuddle, coo, run and fetch. I'm good at it, really :)

However, you know, some men are total girls about this stuff and for all I knew, R had like a hangnail and the paramedics were on hold just in case imminent death was knocking on his door.

I was pleasantly surprised.

I really did nothing more than run back and forth with the ice to keep him from having to do all the moving, let the puppies out and give him poor babies. Oh, and keep him from pawing me to death so he wouldn't further harm his injury. Yes, we still managed to do some smooching. I know, go figure, but it can't be helped. We really do have the kissing thing down to a science and some forces just can't be denied. Snort.

Anyway, he's a good patient. Fully willing to help himself along the road to recovery and not at all looking for me to be his Florence Nightingale (SP?). I was way impressed with his willingness to recover.

However, R does like a good "poor baby". He revels in them. I don't mind giving them to those who are deserving and have earned the right to hear the words, "Aw, poor baby."

Poor babies are the stupid cooing noises you make when a person near and dear to you needs some good ole fashioned babying. "Oh, your back hurts. Poor baby...Oh, does it hurt to breathe? poor baby..." Ya know what I mean?

I gotta say, he's way cute in the state of poor baby too. All lying on the couch with the remote and a heating pad under his back, smiling at me through the pain, while I brush the sweat from his brow. LOLLOLLOLLOL

It wasn't nearly that dramatic, but I've always believed you can gauge a man's worth by experiencing an illness or debilitating event with him. They're the first clues as to what kind of a wimp, or he-man you've hooked up with.

So, R passed another test. God willing this wasn't just a show to keep me hanging around. LMAO. Women wear makeup to entice, then fool their perspective mates into their web. Once caught, the guy doesn't stand a chance of survival when he sees her without the goop. He's already in. Tee hee. Men act like real men when they're sick to fool you into believing the entire world won't come to a screeching halt if they have the sniffles in the future.

I'm pretty tough. I have a high tolerance for pain (see 19 years of marriage for my references. HAHAHAHA). I had a baby and some labor inducing shit that I can't spell to help me get moving-- nary a peep. As a matter of fact, three days after I gave birth, I was so pissed at the ex, I went outside in the rain and mowed the lawn, had a beer (bleh) and trimmed the hedges. With my uterus shifted and everything. LOl I had kidney stones right after that birth and I swear, I saw fricken' stars. I said next to nothing, other than, "Please take me outside and shoot my ass." GOD, that sucked. Nonetheless, I'm good at keeping it to myself and sucking it up.

Anyway, so far so good. R was a GREAT patient and still in good humor.

I just noticed something too. Every freakin', stupid thought I have, I reference to R as of late. he pointed that out earlier this week. Dakota, Dakota, Dakota. Oh, Dakota and I did that. Yeah, Dakota and I saw that. I do the same. Oh, yeah, R told me that. R said this. R, R, R. DAMN IT ALL--Even most of my blogs are about HIM.

WTF? We were two separate people before this happened. I had a semi-successful career. A nice house. Good kids. Dates coming out of my ears. Look what what I've become...LMAO

Okay, that's just IT. The next 5 blogs will be about something, ANYTHING but R. My mom's reactions to R. My sons reactions to R. My life WITH R--before him. Whatever. I need a grip here. Some perspective.

Shoot. What the hell is happening to me?

Forget I asked that. I don't wanna know. LOL

Still, he WAS a real man about his injury.

And now I'm done with the R crap for today. LOLLOL

DC :)

4 Comments:

  • At 1:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Along with the "Poor Babies" did you do any "Bless Your Hearts?"
    :)
    Fuzz

     
  • At 1:53 PM, Blogger Dakota Cassidy said…

    Well, ther was a fine, just fine, in there. LOLLOL

    DC :)

     
  • At 3:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Bugger!!!

    Hope R recovers soon babe.

    Hugs,
    Sheryl

     
  • At 7:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I can totally see your point about this whole "Didn't I have a life before this?".

    In fact, I was talking to DC just yesterday...

    SHIT!

    ...nevermind.

    ~R - The Champ

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger