Sunday, September 18, 2005

One week

Okay, so R had this big thing going on at work that kept him busy all week long. He was a little worried about how rushed it was and the lack of help, so he was pretty messed up all week long.

Anyway--he worked some seriously LONG hours and we didn't see each other for the ENTIRE week. I mean, NOT ONCE. We usually see each other 4 out of 7.

I know. Aren't you all wondering how we survived it? LMAO

Well, we did what we usually do --we IM'd--rambled on the phone to and from his jaunts to bring cars all around the fine state of roadkill and bbq.

We talk on the phone sometimes up to 8 hours just hanging out and watching TV.

Being the girlfriend I am, I never complained because really, what could he do? And I'm all about doing what you have to to make a buck. I'm also not a whiner. I know how to amuse myself and I'm not the kind of chick who demands you drop everything and run when something demanding is taking up your time. I swear, I ought to give classes on how to keep your man coming back for more. It's called, letting someone BREATHE. The more you do that, the less they can breathe without you. Forgetting I AM divorced, but the ex was a unique case of NEEDY. So he doesn't count. LOLLOL

I'm a firm believer in, the longer the leash, the shorter the stray--again, forgetting the unique case of NEEDY... LOLLOL

So we hadn't seen each other in a week and we finally got to hangout tonight.

This is the part where ya kinda realize, "Wow, I didn't just miss you. I missed you."

OY.

I mean, I knew I missed R, cuz mid-week I was sorta hankering for a snuggle or two. Oh, alright, a smooch too, maybe. We DO have the market on the kissing thing cornered. LOL

Nontheless, tonight, it hit me -- when we were saying goodbye and we had much trouble parting (it's always this way, but tonight had us smooching until I was like almost on the front stoop) -- just how much I'd missed him.

Like A LOT.

Crap.

I feel like the Titanic. Ya know, sunk?

LOLLOLLOLLOL

Dakota :)

4 Comments:

  • At 8:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You do realize that, once your boys have girls going crazy over them and they are dating, you can NOT complain about the hours they spend on the phone. LOL

     
  • At 10:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yep... sunk.
    You've been down for the count for quite some time - but you're just realizing it now.
    ~~~snicker~~~
    Do I get to say "told you so neener neener neener" yet????
    :)
    Fuzz

     
  • At 2:36 PM, Blogger Jaynie said…

    Oh wow Dakota - I so agree with that long leash thing. Q is constantly amazed by his mates at work and their short leashes. They're always commenting to him that they can't believe his wife "lets" him do this or that.

    I mean WTF - being in a relationship doesn't take away your life, nobody is the boss of anyone else.

    Sounds like you and Rob and going great.

    smooch,

     
  • At 4:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I second that, Jaynie!
    what good is a relationship without trust??
    I don't care if my DH hangs out with the guys...in fact there are times when I WISH he would....LOL

    As for being sunk D, all that is left are the bubbles from that ship...LMAO

    I'm so glad you are happy!
    Paula

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger