Friday, September 23, 2005

Cannonbaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllll!!

Yee and haw--my pool is done.

Well, at least the water part of it. It's filled now and has no chemicals, but I said screw it last night after R and I got off the phone. I stripped off all of my clothes and waded on in.

I'd forgotten how much I love to skinny dip :)

It was divine. I don't think I scarred any neighbors in my dipping either. I was vewy quiet. LOL I'd also forgotten how horrible I look naked AND wet. LMAO

Now, all that has to be done is the landscaping--of course, what's supposed to happen in TX this weekend?

I can assure you it isn't good weather.

Did I say that this would happen? The moment I got a pool some monstrous weather issue would crop up and I'd be doomed?

I'm going to STOP moaning now because a revelation just hit me and I'm left feeling very selfish and self absorbed.

TX is going to be hit with a mother of a hurricane and I'm crying about my pool? It's ludicrous.

Anyway--I'm going to send this out into the universe and hope that it brings good karma.I hope all of the people in the Galveston- Houston area remain safe and most importantly alive.

Forget your house and your lazy-boy sofa--get the HELL out. A house can be replaced, you can buy rooms worth of furniture at Rooms To Go when the ins and FEMA kick in. You can't buy another life.

Don't be foolhardy--don't be proud and insufferably stubborn. EVACUATE. Stick together at all times. Chain your kids to your side--cling to your spouse or partner.

I do realize that some don't have the means to evacuate--it kinda blows me away when they say evacuate and those who don't have a CC or a car have no means to hit the Super 8. BUT, read your paper--watch TV--there ARE places you can go for free to ride this out--DO IT.

Pack your babies--your pets (please take your pets) --your important papers--your beloved pictures and LEAVE. Nothing, NOTHING is more important than your life.

I've watched the folks in LA these past weeks and heard the stories and you have too. It's an epic tragedy that in some ways, doesn't have to be repeated if you hit higher ground.

This blog turned into something dratically different than I'd intended. Yet, I realized how selfish it seemed to me to whine about my damn pool when there will be those without HOMES, possibly lives and well, it can be avoided if you LEAVE.

So, I'll say a prayer--offer up my good vibes that everyone will weather this act of nature in tact. Actually--let's pray it stops picking up so much damn force and turns into a little rain.

I know that's not realistic, but I'm gonna pray for it anyway.

DC

4 Comments:

  • At 4:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    YAY on the pool completion!
    You will be on my mind all day, hon. Stay safe.

     
  • At 9:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dakota,

    Are you going to put the palm trees around the pool that you talked about?

    Have you ever forgiven John yet?

    Diane McConnell

     
  • At 9:47 AM, Blogger Dakota Cassidy said…

    Hey, Diane!! How are ya, babe? I think a palm tree or two could be in my near future :)

    I'm NEVER forgiving John--tell him NEVAH! LOLLOL

    DC :)

     
  • At 7:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dakota,

    John has more chile piquins for you to eat!!!!!

    Diane

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger