Sunday, August 28, 2005

You are cordially invited...

...To your boyfriend's house.

Well, it's about flippin' time, huh?

Okay, so R and I have been doing the b/f--g/f thing for a month or so, right? He's been to my house a bazillion times and we've watched movies, hung out ect. However, I had not been invited to his. I don't let that bother me, cuz at my house we're on MY turf. I like being on my turf. Yet, I still gotta wonder whassup with the evasive stuff. It does mean we can be ALONE. What a concept, huh? I mean like ALL ALONE But still, nothing.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

I was beginning to think that those cars he sports were what he lived in. I kept "hearing" about this house of his, but I hadn't seen it. I knew he had dogs, but I was supicious that maybe they belonged to the dude who lived in the carboard box down the curb from him.

R said he had to clean it before I came over. I said okay. I mean, I don't know how much cleaning you have to do when you live alone, but then, I have a lovely woman who helps me once a week--so I shut up :)

Good girlfriend that I am, I continued to say NOTHING. I teased him here and there about all of this cleaning he said he had to do to make it presentable--I joked about actually USING the vacuum, but I put no pressure on him. Cuz I'm all easygoing that way, ya know?

Again I say, it meant we could have alone time, a precious commodity in my house with two boys--my mom--four dogs--two cats--a friend and her son staying with me temporarily--but hey, when he was motivated enough to want me to come over--he'd do what was necessary.

Well, he finally got motivated.

I THINK a bulldozer and clean up crew were involved, but I'm sketchy.

Sooooooooooo, R calls me up on Friday and says, "I'm going to cross a boundary here." I'm thinking he's like going to eat broccoli or something, so I say, "Oh, yeah? What's that?" He says, "I was going to invite you over to watch a movie."

WOW--I feel like the Pope just asked me over for some Holy Water and a wafer. So, I kinda hesitantly say okay. Cuz really, I don't know what I'll find. I mean, it has taken a month to do this job, but okay. I'm goin' in.

Which means I have to FIND my way there. For most who know me, you know direction ain't my thang. Like not even a little. When I can't be all cute and ask for directions anymore, I'm you know what with a big, capital F.

So, R gives me directions with much hesitance, because he knows what I'm about and I actually FIND it. It's a freakin' miracle, but I did it and I'm thinkin' as I drive through, it's a nice neighborhood. The houses are cute and the yards well kept.

THANK GOD he doesn't live in a BOX :) I wouldn't like him less. It would just mean I'd have to reconsider giving him a fruitcake for Christmas and instead, give him crayons to decorate it with. (You can do some cool stuff with crayons on the corrugated jobbies, you know?) The fruitcake would be all wrong. Fruitcake might rot because he has no fridge and his model of box didn't come with a cooler, ya know?

I'm a little nervous as I pull up and I'm not quite sure if it's cuz I expect that things will fall out of closets at me, or dead bodies are in the backyard buried under his shed or he really does have a wife and she's just out having a "girl" weekend.

However, it was very cute. Not overdone and cute. He did a FAB job of cleaning it up, cuz there were no foreign smells or anything and it was like I said, CUTE. I'm almost afaid to ask about what might have been in the closed doors number 2 and 3, but whatever. We watched a movie and hung out and it was cool.

Oh, and he has the sweetest dogs. Mike and Mindy--they totally dug me. They probably just figured it would pay to be nice to the chick that R smells like all the time (see that kissing stuff), so they hedged their bets and came out on top, cuz they are waaaay cute and they didn't bark or get upset with me once. As a matter of fact, they hung out with me some.

So, I've been to R's now. I don't suppose that means much but that he really does pay a mortgage and stuff. Yet, somehow I was relieved...can't say why--I just was.

I mean, you never can be too careful and it would be just like me to hook up with a guy who lives in his mother's guest bedroom, saves cereal box tops and watches cartoons, with small breaks for cookies and milk and storytime.

I'm just sayin'...

LOLLOL

DC :)

8 Comments:

  • At 5:45 PM, Blogger Jaynie said…

    ROFLAO

    you mean he didn't give you a tour? You didn't see what was in all the rooms?

    Mate I would have been opening doors, closets, whatever

    I hope you at least tried out the bed *g*

     
  • At 5:51 PM, Blogger Dakota Cassidy said…

    um, no--he didn't...

    Maybe he DOES have dead bodies in some of those rooms. LOLLOL

    DC :)

     
  • At 7:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    If she'd seen the bodies, she would have had to become one. LOLOL

    No... I didn't really give a big tour because, frankly, I'm a guy. I don't decorate, I don't dabble in asthetics. I'm one person in a 3 bedroom house. So, I have 2 unused rooms. One room has some boxes, and the other has a computer desk in it. Really, not that exciting.

    I did make sure to show off the most important parts of the house... the livingroom (...home of the 65" tv) and the bedroom (...where the magic happens). LOLOLOL

    It was cool though. If she plays her cards right, she might get to come over again. :)

    ~R - The Champ

     
  • At 7:05 PM, Blogger Dakota Cassidy said…

    The magic? Did I miss a room, David Copperfield?

    LMAO

    DC :)

     
  • At 7:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    OH COOL *g* Magic? He does tricks? *innocent look* You're so lucky Dakota!

    ~Erin the Innocent

     
  • At 7:12 PM, Blogger Dakota Cassidy said…

    Yep, he does tricks alright.

    Sit, stay, roll over. Stuff like that. LMAO

    OY

    DC :)

     
  • At 2:14 PM, Blogger Karen Scott said…

    Hey, I'd have been suspicious too. Lack of dead bodies is definitely a good thing!

    So the important question is... did ya christen his bed or what?

     
  • At 2:18 PM, Blogger Dakota Cassidy said…

    ya mean like with Holy Water and the sign of the cross on the pillows?

    hell yeah, we did. LMAO

    Hey, babe--you slay me :)

    DC :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger