Sunday, August 07, 2005

WHEW!

Told ya about the movie thing with the kids and the B/F, yes? Okay, so that went down last night. We went to see Sky High with Kurt Russell and it was cute. Predictable, but cute.

I spent a good twenty minutes with my sons when the day began, giving them the chapter and verse about GOOD BEHAVIOR. It kinda went like this--"If the two of you act like the uncaged animals you are and scare away my B/F, I'm going to duct tape you to chairs, superglue your eyes open and MAKE you look at me in my underwear..."

ROFLMAO. I'm kidding, of course. Anyway--we did the whole-- if you don't behave you'll die thing. Don't be wee little terrorists because I can promise you this--I giveth and I TAKETH away. I am really gifted at the taketh thing :)

Overall, they're really good kids. They behave pretty well in public and I've only had to use the stun gun once or twice. I'm kidding, honest...They really ARE good boys--albeit mouthy and sometimes hormonal given their respective ages. They have good manners and they know what's expected. I'm not overbearingly strict with them, but I am very serious about raising healthy, caring, good human beings. I want them to be self sufficient and if they marry (a tramp, I'm SURE. LOLLOL) I want them to have healthy relationships that include communication, honesty and integrity. I have some rules I just won't deviate from. I'm mostly all they got, baby. So when I do this, I wanna do it RIGHT and with the best possible outcome I can garner. It's HARD work. I worried about how they would react to seeing me with someone else, however I made it clear that I'm an adult and unless the B/F turns into a serial killer, my choices are MINE. I'll always hear them out, but in the end, I drive the car.

Did I say I was worried? They have a right to feel awkward too. They have a right to adjust to new stuff.

Especially when a man is involved. One that isn't their father and one that has NO CHILDREN. Did I mention R has no children? None--not even a love child, that I know of. snort. it worried me that this might be difficult for him. Single--alone a lot--not used to two boys who have some very BIG MOUTHS. I'd swap with him for a week just for some alone time. Anyway, our personal lives are very different. Mine involves food of the homemade variety--green things and protein--scheduled meals--his involves meals that include little but hardening of the arteries and the nearest drive thru that has a billboard with pretty pictures and a nice voice on a speaker that says, "May I take your order?" My life includes homework and bedtimes, rules and careful planning. His involves Tivo and Tivo. LOLLOL. He's very responsible--that's not the point--he just lives a much more solitary life than I do. He can do what he wants when he wants.

See what I mean? He certainly knows what it is to have children around him, however, my children are well on their way to GROWN UP LAND and I would guess, it's different than little ones. Nontheless, he's pretty easygoing with them and they returned the favor.

THANK THE FRICKEN' HEAVENS ABOVE!

Have I mentioned how nervous I was about this? No, because that would have meant he'd all be over here snooping and mocking me about it. I'd expect it of him--I'd do the same to him. LOL

I was, though--nervous, that is. My sons have had NO exposure to anyone I've dated. Yes, while it's true that I've never dated anyone more than ONCE, they had not seen me with anyone. Let alone holding hands or junk like that. But they were pretty cool about it. They didn't eat their way through the joint and they were really good during the movie. I occasionally noted my oldest watching us--nosing in when R would lean over to whisper something, but for the most part--they were good. It was ME who worried. Needlessly, I might add.

Okay, so I survived the first test of my newly serious relationship venture. I only lost a ton of hair, but I'm peachy otherwise. The kids were too. They liked R and asked me why I only gave him a quick peck goodbye.

I was astonished. I explained..."Sheesh--because if we get into the clinch of death it's pretty much over and we may as well just have public sex?" LOLLOLLOLLOL. I'm TOTALLY kidding. I told them to quit asking me about my smooching and focus on the fact that they were very well behaved and I appreciated it.

Know what my oldest said? "Cool. Do I get like MONEY for it?"

He IS MY kid. LMAO

Dakota :)

6 Comments:

  • At 11:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    LMAO

    I'm glad everything went well for you *s*

    ~Erin the Innocent

     
  • At 11:21 PM, Blogger Jaynie said…

    Glad it went well hon *g*

     
  • At 4:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ye gads! Travis absorbed some of Andrew's acquisitive nature on just one visit! I am soooo sorry D, I didn't think it was contagious!

    It sounds like my prediction was correct and those missing hair follicles were a product of your over-active imagination. Just one of the many things we love about you.

    Breathe now....
    P

     
  • At 4:49 AM, Blogger Dakota Cassidy said…

    breathing...LOLLOL

    DC :)

     
  • At 1:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yeah, the little monsters were pretty good, though the youngest running around the theater with his shirt off, wrapped around his neck like a cape, yelling "I'm Captain Courageous" was a little unsettling. LOL

    Just kidding... they're good kids. Very well behaved and well mannered.

    ...unlike their mom. :)

    ~R
    The Champ

     
  • At 2:01 PM, Blogger Dakota Cassidy said…

    I though you liked when I misbehaved? God, age really DOES make you indecisive, eh?

    Tee hee

    DC :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger