Wednesday, August 31, 2005

A wee rant

because of another rant I read elsewhere. Maybe I'm doing the same thing this blogger was doing, by mentioning it here in a public forum, but I'm trying to understand this new penchant for public suicide.

I just gotta know...

What makes a person air their dirty laundry in public? I mean, like get out the clothespins and hang those problematic puppies out to dry in a public forum?

I read a blog yesterday and it was a public rant about a matter that should strictly be dealt with in private. A professional matter, mind you. A matter that dealt with sensitive things like contracts and stuff. It went on to slam the entity that this blogger felt was responsible for her woes in ways that were downright childish.

Does posting it to a live venue bring you the old high school--gather 'round me while I flay you feeling back to life, thus making you all warm and fuzzy? Does it make you smile with glee to have others join you in a crowd and point alongside of you at your supposed offender? Do you feel omnipotent--adored--adulated?

I really wanna know. I know, if it were me, I'd never in a million mention my personal strife with anyone, let alone the place I was working for. I blog about all sorts of stuff, but nothing so personal and so blatantly accusatory it makes you shake your head and go, "WTF was she thinking?"

Or maybe you do think that when I put an entry up. Most likely you're thinking--she's on crack. I've known it all along, but I'm pretty sure you're not thinking, dayum, she's mean. Are you? you can tell me. I can take it. LOL

No, I'm not mentioning names. No, I'm not going to incite more drama by directing you to the actual blog. I just ain't about that. What I AM about is fair and a morbid curiosity to understand why you'd look to slit your throat in a way that can only bring you grief.

Ya know? Why wouldn't you quietly, rationally seek the info you need via private means? Why would you discuss the small amounts of money you've made and then complain about it? If I were this blogger, I sure wouldn't publicize stuff like that.

it's called professionalism and it's a trait many sorely lack. It's fine to have fun and joke around, but to incite a crowd of people to help you throw stones is piss-poor ethics and worse still, it makes you, the public whiner, look like professional crap. Who wants to work with you if you handle a situation this sensitive, by asking your blogging community to back ya up and help you wallow in your mud?

I'm all for being frustrated and working it out. I'm not for doing it to gather steam so you can feel as though you've made a point by trashing someone else.

Actually, I'm kinda sick of it. If you have a bad day with management at your Walmart job--do you then go out into the parking lot and picket naked so people will join you in droves and not buy Walmart products anymore? Call the press? Or do you quietly go try and work it out without making a fuss?

See what I mean? Just because you're forum is cyber--it doesn't make you look good if you spew your garbage into cyber space to as many people as you can get to agree with you.

Sigh. Could we all grow up here? Behave like the adults we are and do the thing adults do--communicate--hire attorney's--DEAL with it.

This isn't the elementary school playground anymore. So get off of the see-saw, would ya?

DC :)

7 Comments:

  • At 3:29 PM, Blogger Jaynie said…

    so now I'm gonna annoy me until you tell me who, unless it is who I think it is lol

     
  • At 3:51 PM, Blogger Dakota Cassidy said…

    Darling? My, kiwi? Sweetenss? Loveybuns? Lamb chop?

    Read that sentence out loud to yourself. LOLLOL

    DC :)

     
  • At 6:33 PM, Blogger Angela James said…

    I hate not knowing almost as much as Jaynie does. Well, actually, probably not close. But the lovely thing is, I don't have to threaten to annoy you, just to do fun things to your blog ;) If I had time.

     
  • At 9:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm so used to not knowing whats going on that it only bothers me a wee little bit. If you feel the urge to unload though I'm willing to let you tell me *g* Then we can both taunt Jaynie about knowing something she doesn't know.

    ~Erin the Innocent

     
  • At 11:29 PM, Blogger Dakota Cassidy said…

    Ladies, ladies, ladies...surely you know me better than that? I'm crafty, witty, flying low under the radar. Snort.

    I rant in abstract for a reason. It keeps my ass out of the fire. LOL

    Always cover yer butt, grashoppers.

    Nosy Nellie's. But that would be one of the many reasons why I love you. LOL

    DC :)

     
  • At 6:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Know what...I don't want to know who it is..LOL

    However, to answer your question about what people think when they read YOUR blog.....I think that the people who read you are the people who know you, and we already know you are

    out-there and mean....
    only kidding hon,

    We love the way that twisted mind works, and you always make us laugh.
    P

     
  • At 7:23 AM, Blogger Dakota Cassidy said…

    LOLLOL. Thanks, honey :)

    Good to "see" you :)

    DC :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger