Thursday, August 25, 2005

Pilates--excersize or a form of sadism?

LOLLOL

K--so I do Pilates. Prounounced PILL-OT-EES. I was once very limber and while I'm not quite as limber as I was when I was 16, I'm hanging on. I can still wrap my legs around my neck (it's the getting out that's the problem, LMAO) and I can still do a split.

I'm not saying it's easy--it ain't, but I can and I'll keep doing it until I either burst a blood vessel or break a limb.

I began Pilates because I wanted to tone up and keep my role in Cirque Du Soleil. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I'm joking, of course. I began Pilates because it tones and firms minus the usual wear and tear on your body that occurs if you jog or do intensive aerobics.

Plus, I totally hate those damn jogging bras which do nothing but keep you from breathing, hence, forcing you to move for circulation. The girls don't much like them either. They far prefer the pretty new Ipex, from VS :)

Nonetheless, I've always tried to excersize in some way. I used to ride my bike all the time, when I didn't live in a place so hot it was like Africa at high noon. I did the Jane Fonda thing in the 80's and now I do Pilates...

I was glued to my television when I watched the infomercial with Daisy Fuentes like gum on a bathroom wall. I wanted to retain my ability to yank my leg up behind my head, but I also wanted to tone up, and have abs of steel. Snicker.

So I bought it. Hook line and powerhouse. Oh, that's what they call the core of your excersize. The POWERHOUSE--it's where all of your energy comes from. Your powerhouse being your belly. You're supposed to suck it in during all of the excersizes, yet remain breathing, whilst gently relaxing your body, stretching it to the nth degree and roll your hair. LOLLOL

Seems like a whole lot going on at once, but the minute you have the hang of it, is the second you feel long, lean and strong.

Sorta.

Unless you use the rubber band. While you do all of the above--you can use a rubber band to help you create more tension, relaxed tension, that is.

Whatever. All I know is, if I snap myself in the face with the damn thing one more time, I'm going to hack it up into little pieces and make hair bands out of it. Maybe condoms--it IS a festive color AND made out of latex...LOLLOL

I began Pilates last summer and I've retained my flexibility. I try to do it everday--I haven't been so successful as of late with my deadlines, but I did the 45 minute one today to make up for slacking off. The house was fairly peaceful and no one was knocking down my office door.

So I went in, both guns loaded--rubber band oiled.

Slapped myself in the eye with the flippin' thing because I lost my grip due to my wrists getting numb.

Jesus-F it hurt...

However, I'm still flexible and Cirque Du Soleil IS hiring.

LMAO

DC :)

7 Comments:

  • At 7:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    http://www.cirquedusoleil.com/CirqueDuSoleil/en/jobs/onstage/opening/actors_celebritycruise.htm?display=urgent

    FYI the casting link for Cirque *g*

    ~Erin the Innocent

     
  • At 7:57 PM, Blogger Dakota Cassidy said…

    ROFLMAO--I totally spelled my future employers name wrong. LOLLOL

    DC :)

     
  • At 9:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You'll have to let me know how that audition goes *g*

     
  • At 9:10 PM, Blogger Dakota Cassidy said…

    Yeah. I call you from my down dog position. LMAO

    DC :)

     
  • At 10:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    LOL

     
  • At 11:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You stick with it though honey. I can verify your incredible flexibility. I know you're fond of the "down dog" position, but that "weiner dog" thing we did the other night was incredible.

    LMAO

    ~R - The Champ

     
  • At 4:28 PM, Blogger Dakota Cassidy said…

    Honey? Do you really want everyone to know your "special" name for ahem... your nether parts? I thought that was OUR litle secret...


    LOLLOLLOLLOL

    DC :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger