Saturday, August 13, 2005

Mr. Sandman

brought me a dream and then some.

So, this whole B-F/G-F thing has kept me on my toes and with bags under our eyes. I don't normally sleep much more than five or six hours a night. God only knows how I do it, but I do many 17 hour days writing. I'm motivated to write as many books as I can, meet my deadlines and write as many books as I can. LOL. I have contracts to fulfill coming out of my ying-yang and children, my mom, then, there's Graceland (snort, my BIG house) and a plethora of other things that keep me from my big, comfy bed with the plush pillows and Egyptian cotton sheets. Our clandestine meetings and late night rendevous' have us both fighting to keep our eyes open come two in the afternoon after a tuna sandwich and some chat time.

R is just as tired, yet somehow, when we have our nightime chat, which consists of R calling me on his way home, talking until he's picked up his dinner, taken it home, eaten, folded his laundry, and prepared for bed, we manage to perk right the hell up. It's the adrenaline rush of the girlie/honeymoon stage, I guess. We talk about how tired we are, but we're still talking until one of us takes their last breath.

We are PATHETIC :) Tee hee.

We've established that the two of us are besotted with one another. it's kinda like when you get the latest Barbie with the push up bra and you can't stop combing her hair and trying new outfits on her, ya know? You talk about her--think about her--play with her as often as you can--admire her from your shelf in your pink and white Barbie bedroom. Essentially, we can't get enough of each other. The more time you spend with your latest model of Barbie, the more you want the rest of the world to go away and let you put her in the latest model of Ken's Corvette so they can drive off into the sunset together.

Last night, smart, educated, brilliant adults that we are, we decided to take care of business. He was going home to clean and I was going to do laundry. He tried to call me while I was out at the store for our usual evening chat, but I'd missed it because I forgot my cell phone. I never panic that he's gone off and found an early release of the latest Barbie with the new Ipex bra when I don't hear from him-- because I just don't. I'm not sure why. I just don't. I never get terribly suspicious about much anymore. Been there--have NO energy left for it. What will be will be, ya know?

So I figured, more than likely, he'd gone home and just passed out. We did have two late nights together prior, gabbing and stuff and he was as whipped as I was. About ten or so he Im's me to let me know he tried to call earlier and now he's napped a bit and ready to CLEAN. I have done a couple of loads of laundry and my eyes are wobbling. He says I'll IM ya in a bit. I say okay--go get the bottle of Mr. Clean and tear it up, baby and then, proceed to like fall asleep sitting UP in my office chair. LOLLOL

I send my honey an e-mail that says I can no longer keep my eyes open and I'm going to bed. Night, honey. Kiss-kiss, hug-hug.

Well, last night I packed away NINE and ONE HALF hours. Yep, you read that right. I feel like I was drugged. I woke up today at nine and couldn't believe it.

I am replenished, refreshed, rejuvinated, AWAKE. I have no words for this amount of sleep. When I woke up today, I didn't have puffy eyes. My hair wasn't just short of standing on end. I don't think I moved at ALL. I was comatose, I do believe.

I feel like a new version of Barbie--the mid-life one, but new nontheless.

LOLLOL

Dakota :)

13 Comments:

  • At 8:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm suspicious as to why you're not suspicious. What's that all about? Did you forget your cell phone on purpose?? And who's this mid-life Barbie??? Is this someone I know???

    ....damn, I need some sleep.

    ~The Champ

     
  • At 9:04 AM, Blogger Dakota Cassidy said…

    LOl--because what's top be suspicious about, honey? You have ME. That should be more than enough--if it's not, well, you know what will happen.

    Mid-life Barbie is your blow up doll, babe. Don't you remember? you told me her name.

    LMAO

    Dakota :)

     
  • At 9:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have you???? Whoa... I wake up from a 3 week drunk and this is what I get?????

    I SO need to go to AA.

    ~Champ :)

     
  • At 9:42 AM, Blogger Dakota Cassidy said…

    LOLLOLLOLLOL

    No, babe--that would be SA

    Stupidheads Anonymous.

    Dakota--who remains on TOP :)

     
  • At 9:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    *snort*

     
  • At 9:59 AM, Blogger Dakota Cassidy said…

    Tha SO better have been a snort in MY favor. LOLLOL

    DC :)~

     
  • At 3:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Now Bunny... We both know I don't need stupidheads anonymous. I'm very capable of managing my Stupidheadness on my own.

    "Dakota...who remains on top" ???? That's what I love about you Honey, your vivid imagination. It's what makes you so "special". ;^)

    ~ (still) The Champ

     
  • At 4:08 PM, Blogger Dakota Cassidy said…

    I'd say that's debatable, depending on who you ask--oh, and don't ask me :)

    Good thing I have an imagination too. How else could I survive the very obvious imagination you so blatantly utilize when you call yourself "Mr. Big?" It really IS okay to have an imaginary friend of montstrous proportions, babe. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise...

    You used the word LOVE-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA--you're so crazy about me. LMAO

    Dakota :)

     
  • At 7:07 PM, Blogger Jaynie said…

    I'm so jealous - I'd be happy with the 5 or 6 hours sleep you normally get lol.

     
  • At 9:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Jaynie Dear... go to the dentist. It's not going to fix itself. Then you can sleep. ;)

    LOLOLOL

    ~R
    The Champ

     
  • At 6:33 AM, Blogger Dakota Cassidy said…

    OMG--for once R has some SOUND advice. GO TO THE DENTIST, Babe :)

    DC :)

     
  • At 11:26 AM, Blogger Dakota Cassidy said…

    Oh, darling, of course you can as you stroll down memory lane with me and remember the courtship of Jaci and Charlie :) Much like mine and R's, wouldn't you agree, dumpling? LMAO

    DC :)

     
  • At 8:54 AM, Blogger Dakota Cassidy said…

    really? Huh. funny that. LOL

    DC :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger