Thursday, August 11, 2005

For my dear friend Bonita

This blog won't contain any of the wise ass stuff you're all so used to when it comes to me. This is for a very dear friend of mine who's having a really tough time right now. Someone I hold dear to my heart, someone who made me smile far more than she knows, when smiling was the rarest of commodities for me.

We all have bumps in the road--things that knock the wind out of us. It's who you find along the road of life that sometimes end up making the biggest of differences.

I met Bonita on Angela Knights group. I was going through a "war of the roses" type divorce and she was a fan of mine. I had no idea she read my stuff. I wasn't much up to posting anywhere during that time and I'd faded to black. I was slumped in my writing and I'd only just begun my career. I had managed to churn out some books prior to, but I was relatively new to this writing thing. I'm known on the loops for my sense of humor, it's evident you can tease and poke me with a stick almost anytime and I'm game, but I was lacking a good giggle and because I'm usually pretty private about things that aren't fun for all, I sort of disappeared.

When I posted to Angela's group, Bonita was one of the first to welcome me and remind me it had been awhile since my last book. Each day, when I went back to force myself to get back in the swing of things, Bonita was there. Encouraging, supportive, having NO CLUE what I was going through, yet her sensitivity to me was there when she had no idea I needed it.

I cracked wise with her likeI do most everyone. I dubbed her Bonita-Conchita, just because she's too funny not to tease. I call her B/C. Her posts always made me feel so much better about life in general and I know she's not even aware of that, yet, I had to share just how much it meant to me at the time.


Still means to me...I've said it often. I'm not ashamed to say that I'm so blessed with friendship and fans that I'm often humbled -- more than honored to know and share my world with them and I'm not even a little afraid to say that I adore each of my friends.

I love B/C and right now, she's having a bit of one of those bumps in the road. A bump that I'd gladly hold her hand through if I could be with her. If just for a moment, relieve her of the fear and worry that surely plagues her now. I'd be the shoulder she might rest her head on--the voice that quiets her swirling thoughts--the friend she was and is to me.

Instead, I thought I'd just tell her how very much I love her and that once, she was there for me--Now, I offer the same kind of genuine warmth and support she so blessed me with. It isn't much in the way of anything other than my feeling is this--throwing something good out into the universe, like the love I have for my friend B/C, can be nothing short of good karma for her. B/C deserves all the good stuff.

B/C is all things kind, Steel Magnolia strong, sage, and above all, one of the best parts of my cyber world. She makes me smile, she makes my heart glad, she makes me proud to call her friend. She has a group of friends in the babes that bar none, will always be there for her.

If you read my blog and you don't know B/C--would you do me a favor? no matter your faith, or no faith at all, could I get you to say a prayer for her--have a good thought--send a good vibe.

Yep, B/C is all things good. it's only right that good stuff should be returned to her a hundred times over.

Dakota :)

11 Comments:

  • At 8:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm sending lots of positive thoughts and prayers your way Bonita.

    ~Erin

     
  • At 8:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Very nice, Dakota!
    I'll send Bonita the link so she can see what's happening and just how many people are saying prayers for her and her family!


    {{HUGS}}

    Pam

     
  • At 8:14 AM, Blogger Karen Scott said…

    I'll certainly be sending good vibes her way Dakota:)

     
  • At 1:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I couldn't agree more with EVERYTHING you said Kota...Steel Magnolia strong is just soooo Mom Bonita. Genteel and dignified I love her to pieces. I too have been blessed to have had her in my corner on more than one ocassion and it's only right that we be there for her now. Mom we love you, want nothing but the best for and believe WITH YOU that everything work out. Hugs and love to the DH. :D WE LOVE YOU!!! {{{HUGS}}}

    AJ

     
  • At 1:34 PM, Blogger Michelle said…

    Thank you Dakota for such tender words. It is always difficult, knowing what to say in times like this. Bonita has become an important part of my life as well and my heart aches to offer help.

    Bonita, babe, there are few words I can add to Dakota's as she has said what we all feel. Keep in mind, we love you and pray for you and your family. Be safe. Be well. And return to us soon.

    Michelle

     
  • At 2:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Bonita,
    While I don't "know" you as well as the other babes, messages from you have brightened my days. I'm sending prayers and healthy thoughts to you and hubby.
    Love
    Crystal

     
  • At 3:25 PM, Blogger Jaynie said…

    Hey Mama Bonita - I miss you babe - my positive thoughts are heading your way.

    Great post Dakota.

     
  • At 6:23 PM, Blogger Gena Showalter said…

    Absolutely! Prayers and good thoughts.

     
  • At 5:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thank you all very much!!!! I am home for a while today to go to work, to do things around my house, and to rest. I will return to the hosptial tomorrow. I will try to check in with the group this afternoon and catch up on the emails.

    The Babes support helps get me through each day. I love you all and am very grateful to have found you.

    Hugs,
    Bonita

     
  • At 7:32 AM, Blogger Dakota Cassidy said…

    No worries, babe. Just know we're thinking about you and praying or sending good thoughts :)

    Love you much,
    Dakota :)

     
  • At 4:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good Thoughts going out for Bonita!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger