Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Dakota? Is that reeeeeally you?

Yep--that pic is REALLY me.

Sigh.

Taken back in May of this year. I don't think I have any new wrinkles since then.

I said in an earlier blog that it was taken when my son terrorized me while I was getting ready for a date. He kept saying, "Work the camera, mom." and I finally got irritated enough to give him the evil eye and click--instant pic. I thought it was hilarious, personally. it kinda shows what I'm really like. If you've met me in RL, then you know I do all sorts of nutty stuff to amuse myself, as well as those around me. I ain't much afraid of a crowd and I ain't afraid to terrorize the folks I love :) I'll never be overtly flirty or fresh. I'm never, ever disrespectful to my friends and their SO's. I just taunt the crap outta them.

Charlie Burton can tell you about the infamous Dakota smoldering eye thing. it's more like a tic, but whatever. it kept us laughing. I did it to AK's hubby Mike, whenever I saw him across a room, just because I knew it would make him laugh and turn red. LOLLOL

I did it to my buddy P's hubby Gary too. He's so FAB. So is P :)

God, I'm a hubby 'ho, huh? LOL

I only do it with those I know will play back with me and I never step over the line.

I do all sorts of stuff to crack wise. I'm not above stalking cover models to get them to take whacky pics with me. I ate up those poor boys at RT 2005. I walked my fingers up their arms all outlandishly seductive like and taunted them in my most hushed, sexiest of tones.

Me--"Do you know WHO I am?" Like I'm all romance novelist of the year or somethin'. it's all in how you present yourself, baby. LMAO
Pretty boy--"Er..." fights to remember my name, even though I'm pretty much a NOBODY. Squirms as I wait and do the eye thing.
I relieve them of the brain cell reproduction. Me--"Nevermind WHO I am. Do you want my vote in the contest?" I say, in husky, breathy tones.
Pretty boy--yet again, another struggle. The battle of good and evil. Hell, yeah I want your vote, you old bag. Noooooo, that would be so wrong to say out loud, wouldn't it? The usual response was, "Um..."
Me--"Forget all of that. Give me," points to self, "your best romantic cover model pose."

MUWAHAHAHAHAHAA. Soon, it just became the running gag with all of them. I did all sorts of poses and they were a great bunch of kids to play with me the way they did. I still e-mail with several of them and they were all good sports. My bud Michelle and I got some pretty funny pics too.

That brings me back to the pic. I've gotten a great deal of personal e-mail asking that question. From fans and various other sources. Chickens who won't post on my blog. LOL. I can't quite figure if the surprise is that I don't look as dumb as you thought, or something I REALLy don't want to know. Tee hee :)

Yes, yes, yes, that's really me--Dakota Cassidy. No, she really doesn't have big hair, though if she does, it isn't intentional--it's just OUT OF CONTROL. I have plenty of it and from time-to-time, it gets out of HAND.

no, she has no tiara's anymore. Yes, it's true, her cheerleading skirt no longer fits and her pom-poms shred years ago.

No, she's not fifty--only 38--heading precariously toward 39.

No, I swear I didn't touch that lame picture up. No, it didn't come from a Walmart frame, but that would have shown creativity, huh?

That's ALL Dakota, just being a dork with her nosy kid. LOLLOL

Scary, huh?

DC :)

9 Comments:

  • At 1:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    No I don't find it scary hun, and yes it does look like you and I think you look great...of course you didn't believe me when I told you how old I was LOL I had to prove it. Love ya hun,

    Renee'

     
  • At 2:05 PM, Blogger Dakota Cassidy said…

    you didn't believe me when I told you I was fifty one either. I did that far too often and people were like, OMG--you look sooooooooo good. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

    Love you and Joe both, doll :)

    DC :)

     
  • At 2:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ...and though the tiarras are gone, the princess lives on. LOLOLOLOL

    Just kidding D...

    The photo almost does you justice. ;)

    ~R - The Champ

     
  • At 2:35 PM, Blogger Dakota Cassidy said…

    Dammit, R, I HATE when you're nice!

    Why do you have to go and do that? LOL

    Thanks, honey :)

    Bunny AKA Dakota :)

     
  • At 4:22 PM, Blogger Jaynie said…

    I think you look gorgeous *g*

    ...and if you and Rob keep playing sucky -fucky on the blog, I may need a bucket.

     
  • At 4:55 PM, Blogger Dakota Cassidy said…

    LOLLOl--well, thanks, honey. I appreciate the compliment. I'm old--I could use it :)

    Fucky-sucky? Is that like a new board game?

    LMAO

    DC :)

     
  • At 11:05 PM, Blogger Dakota Cassidy said…

    Could you hurry that search up? I think some people are starting to get the wrong impression. LOLLOL

    Hugs back and kiss that FAB wife of yours for me :)

    DC :)

     
  • At 12:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Awwwww honey, you are so not a hubby-ho.....
    Besides Gary adores you....

    To the skeptics out there, this is the real DC in all her glory....

    And the tiaras still fit!
    Paula

     
  • At 7:03 PM, Blogger Dakota Cassidy said…

    (wipes tear from eye)thanks, babe. Tell Gary I adore him :)Wink, wink. LOL

    DC :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger