Tuesday, July 26, 2005

She shoots, HE scores...

Here I am again with yet MORE news on the continuing saga of my love life.

Jeeez, when it rains it pours.

Remember I told ya that I move quickly? My brain functions at a higher level than the above average person. It took a long time for me to come to terms with that and even some therapy. I genuinely thought that it was me and then, sometimes, I thought it was everyone else and because I don't do the superior thing well, chalked it up as a deficit in my world that I'd just have to deal with.

I did deal with it--in many different ways. Usually, I regroup the crap in my head and THEN, I spit it out so that it's coherant and others understand me. It's easy now and I don't struggle with it like I once did. I no longer fight the tidal wave of junk that I complile--I just let it roll and interpret where needed.

I never in a million believed that I would meet anyone who truly understood it. I have many friends, people who know how my head moves and love me just the same. They found me first, because I had the ability to turn what I thought was a deficit into a smart ass joke and they became my friends because we could laugh together.

Laughter is essential to me and my world. It helps me cope with my thought process. I can crack wise about myself on any given day of the week. It also made me feel less like I would be a social joke--so, if someone didn't get it--I could make a joke of it and it paved the way for me in many aspects of my life.

I make jokes about what I look like--my hair--my ass. Whatever works because it isn't just about me feeling comfortable--it's about people around me feeling that way too. I never want anyone to feel the way I secretly did for years. I always had friends in school. Hell, I was Prom Queen and all that jazz, but I never mentally felt like I fit--so I was as nice as I could possibly be to do just that--FIT. And I did and it was okay. Until I married the person I didn't fit.

When searching for the "right" person to share that with--the journey can be LONG. LOL. Or so I thought.

I spent 21 years of my life with someone who might have gotten it to begin with, but in the end, when I began to out run him, just didn't get it anymore. There was more to the end of my marriage than just that element, but it played a huge role in how I felt about him and my ability to sometimes keep from screaming. "What the fuck don't you get about this, you moron?"

I just KNOW Dr. Phil wouldn't have approved of that.

So as you all know, I met this friend of mine, who's no longer my friend in the sense he was last week. Now we got the carnal thing going on :) Amongst many other "things". Those other things being that he gets me. Like completely. I no longer have to explain anything when I'm with him. He just sorta knows. I just sorta know about him too. Whether he shares my particular ability to think at warp speed, I don't know. I'm certain we'd both be in some doctors log for whack-jobs, if that were the case.

What I do know is he does get it. Like no one ever has before. Not even my friends, whom I love beyond all reason and want to understand my head--but instead, just deal with it because they love me.

I've been on a lot of dates and spent most of the time amusing them and then, myself because it was the only way to survive it without calling the waiter for a butter knife to end my misery. I would leave a date feeling like, "OMG, if I had to spend the rest of my life with him, I'd bungee jump, minus the bungee, right off a damn cliff." They left feeling like I was their soul mate because I'm so easy to get along with. it's that whole, let's make people feel comfrotable thing, ya know?

My prospects were ever so bleak--hence my prior hesitation to get involved with my "friend". I didn't want to lose the opportunity to share that for a lifetime on the off chance we hooked up and then, I had to like take all of his stuff in his house. Ya know? LOLLOL He simply asked that I leave the spinning thing on the toilet paper holder. LOLLOL

So he was diligent. He was ressuring. I kept giving him the out. I kept telling him this could be very BAD. He kept saying, sure, but it could also be great. I kept denying it until a week later I was kissing the hell out of him in a parking lot. Then we got to the other stuff, like hanging out as a potential couple, watching TV, snuggling ect. Then, the next thing I know, we're like boyfriend--girlfriend...

Yes, yes, yes. It's true. He asked me to see him exclusively and the next moment, I have a BOYFRIEND. I am someone's GIRLFRIEND. You read it right. Dakota Cassidy--divorced, mother of two boys----author of books using the word COCK--all 'round smart ass, has a BOYFRIEND.

Curtsy :) Bats eyelashes.

He asked me over an IM--well, he didn't ask me-ask me. It just kind of happened. We were talking about my trip to the doctors and my offering said doctor sexual favors in return for meds (I was joking with the poor doctor) and the next thing I know, I have a boyfriend. Something about me and an exclusion in our relationship that involved John Cusack (I'd sell my SOUL for him), giving up that one time exclusion for the doctor and meds and then, BAM. Voila--I am asked if exclusivity is what I'm saying and I agree. AGREE--ya hear that--like without hesitation. I don't know who I AM anymore. LMAO

Thus, these are how many of our conversations go :)

We talk about the craziest crap and it doesn't seem to matter because the most important thing is that we get it. We don't have to explain ANYTHING to each other. It just is.

This just IS thing is really kinda sweet, in that, it's like breathing easy for the first time in my life with another person who breathes just like I do AND really likes me way more than I like him. LOLLOLLOLLOL

So, I gotta boyfriend. Now he's gotta girlfriend. I think we might all want to gather 'round and do that girlie circle thing and PRAY for him.

I can admit to feeling more comfortable than I ever have in my entire life. I can admit to a couple of other things too, but I won't and you can't make me. LOL. I can admit that he tweaks me and keeps me interested without even trying. He's the only person who's come close to doing that in my 38 years.

Surely that means I've done something right in this "I won't settle ever again" process? Or he did something right because I think he picked me--then, he let me do the leftover picking. He kinda just waited around until I was capable of it.

At the rate this relationship has gone, we'll be at Elvis' Chapel of Love in friggin' Vegas next week, cranking up the fog machine. LOLLOLLOLLOL

I really AM kidding about that.

So, I'm a girlfriend--do I get like a shower for this or something? LMAO

Dakota :)

10 Comments:

  • At 3:30 PM, Blogger Angela James said…

    Okay, excuse me while I laugh...

    bwahahahahaha...

    He asked you to go steady?

    Did you get a pin out of the deal or is this strictly a verbal contract??

    *snicker*

     
  • At 3:36 PM, Blogger Jaynie said…

    *snerk*

    Do you have his class ring? Maybe his letter jacket?

    OMG woman - that was hilarious. Dakota and Rob sitting up a tree K-I-S-S-I-N-G

    seriously dudes - mucho happy - now have sex already - sheesh.

     
  • At 5:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I hate that I was going to write what Jaynie wrote here *sigh* That is kinda freaky! So now all I can say to you is AAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW *g*

    I'm glad for you sweety :)

    ~Erin

     
  • At 7:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Have fun together, laugh and enjoy life. It is great to have a friend -- it is even better to have a "boy" friend who thinks like you and "gets" all your comments. I am delighted that things are progressing so well for the two of you.

    Hugs,
    Bonita

     
  • At 11:35 PM, Blogger Dakota Cassidy said…

    Aw, thanks, guys. I KNEW you'd understand. Now quit laughing at me. LOLLOL

    I love ya :)

    DC :)

     
  • At 1:01 AM, Blogger Karen Scott said…

    Dakota's having Sex! Dakota's having Sex!

    Dakota's Got a Boyfriend, Dakota's got a Boyfriend!

    Congrats on getting laid and finding a wonderful boyfriend, now, about that book.... (g)

     
  • At 5:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Babe!
    I am thrilled for you! I know what a journey this has been and am so relieved that you have found such a special guy like Rob.

    Just remember - if he makes you cry, Gary and I are coming up from FLA and breaking his kneecaps!! The way we should have done with your ex!

    Love you babe!
    Paula

     
  • At 6:55 AM, Blogger Dakota Cassidy said…

    LOLLOL, Karen! I gotcha covered, babe :) Coming in Sept and Oct and November respectively :)

    P? You tell Gary there ain't no man on earth I'd rather lust for and NOT have sex with them him. He's still my special "secret" guy and he'd better remember that the next time he's a con full of hot chicks. LOLLOL

    I love you too, babe :) Both of you.

    DC :)

     
  • At 9:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    LOL - he was kinda hurt about the "no sex" comment....but he knows just what you mean. He can't wait until RT next year.
    P

     
  • At 12:28 PM, Blogger Dakota Cassidy said…

    Well, if we don't have the "no sex" rule--I think you'd beat me up AND you can take me. LMAO

    Is he going to sweep me of my feet next con? I can't imagine being anymore breahtless than I am just by him showing up :)))

    Tell him, he's the closest I've come to not wanting to have sex in forever. LOLLOL

    DC :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger