Wednesday, July 27, 2005

MaybesexMaybesexMaybesex...another persepctive (from THE CHAMP OY)

Hookay, the smart ass has his own op. being the fairminded woman I am, I let him. LMAO

From the er, CHAMP. LOLLOLLOLLOL


...Well, here I am. Spending another night IM-ing away all my free time with that "someone". But this time things are different. "Why", you ask? Because this entry is from a completely different perspective. Because, this isn't Dakota. No... this is "R", otherwise known as The Champ. Yes... I've requested the opportunity to guest blog, and Dakota was kind enough to allow me the rope I need to hang myself publicly.

So, how this all got started was after our big showdown in front of B&N. D forgot that she had told me about her blog and during her cosmic meltdown, her chee was all off kilter, and she let it slip that she blogged about it... a bad play if there ever was one. So, much to her dismay, there I was reading about all her semi-secret thoughts about what had transpired. The craziest thing started happening. I started to feel, dare I say it... guilty. Like I was reading her diary. Sure, she posted it on the Internet, and you kind of get what you deserve when you do that, but... her chee was all fucked up. She just didn't know any better. So, in an effort to balance the scales of over-exposure, I offer my own little diary.

So let's stop looking at it, and poke it with a stick, shall we?


Let's go back to the whole friends-to- more- than friends thing. Here's the thing, during our whole friend time, she speaks the truth-- that we laughed and giggled like nobody's business. I believe it was the great american philosopher, Forrest Gump, who said "We were like peas and carrots." It was almost bizarre actually. There was almost no time spent NOT laughing. So, when she said "Look dammit... we're not going to screw this up!!!", I'll admit that a) she had a point and b) she can be pretty scary when she puts her mind to it! But, I couldn't help it, and my reason is this: Even though great friends are extremely hard to come by, someone you completely click with from the get-go is even more rare. I mean, if you value a dear friend because they are good people inside and out, and have good moral fiber and all that, that's fine. But, if you find a friend of the opposite sex who has all that, AND you have that "share the same brain" kind of chemistry, what the hell more are you looking for???? I mean, really!!?? "Oh... we'll mess it all up... " wah, wah, wah. What the hell do you want?!!?? What is it going to take before you're willing to risk it??? A signed invitation from the president, Santa and Mrs. Claus, and the Easter Bunny????


I sound pretty tough, don't I??? LOLOL Well... I will share a little something too. The night of the showdown At The B&N Corral, I had the misfortune of NOT hitting all the usual traffic I was expecting. There I was, ten minutes early to my own execution. Damn. Well... Mr. Confident was a wee bit worried he'd bitten off a little more than he could chew. I mean, lets face it... we all THINK we're good kissers. But, if you had to lay it all on the line, would you bet you could hit one out of the park? I mean, Ted Williams was the best there ever was, and he only hit four out of ten, right? So, the longer I'm sitting, the more I want to find my happy place. I've got the iPod going, the seat reclined... and well, I just wasn't getting there. I was nervous like a 9 year old at Neverland (before the wine). Well, Dakota pulls up, and storms out of her car like I owed her money, and that's what did it. She was determined, dare I say, hell bent on pressin' some lips so she could just yell at me about how wrong I was. And while I should have been terrified, it made me take the approach that, good or bad, we're doing this. So, quit being a Mary. It was such a relief, when the kiss was finished, to hear those words every guy longs for.... "I fucking HATE you.". Yes... those were the words. She's a professional writer, who's just had "THE kiss", and I get "I fucking hate you". That's a bit like seeing Led Zeppelin play "Row, row, row your boat", isn't it? (okay... I had to get a little jab in there. Sorry, D.) For the record though, it really was THAT good. I'll admit it...

But fear not, all is not completely askew. Little by little, she's getting her swagger back. The chee is coming back around, and she'll be back to her old self soon enough. The super hero we all know and adore... able to crush a man's dignity without breaking a sweat, and able to talk you into a corner with one brain tied behind her back.

And I just want to finish up by adding, any of you wishing to kick my ass if I make her shed a tear will have to take a number and get in line. We're up to #71, and we're not even serving #1 yet. Trust me... I get it. She's blessed with many friends willing to make me a new episode of CSI, but I have the feeling she won't need the help. I think she can tear me up all by her ferocious little self.

And there you have it. A very small glimpse from the other side.


~R
The New Champ :)

13 Comments:

  • At 7:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    LOL I love it! *g*

    Howdy R :)

    ~Erin the Innocent

     
  • At 7:41 PM, Blogger Jaynie said…

    OMG - ROFLAO

    That was great Rob, you should get on here and post more often.

    Dakota, he sounds just like you - no wonder you two click so well...and now you have his and her blog posts, oh that's so sweet.

    What's next? Those fluffy monogramed towels?

    ...or maybe you'll actually have sex *g*

     
  • At 7:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm with you, Jaynie. They've had the kisses, now they really need to have a F*Fest!

    Remember that song 'Daytime friends and nightime lovers' ???

    Best friends make the best lovers.

    T~

     
  • At 8:42 PM, Blogger Jaynie said…

    oh and Rob - Dakota is making me post another comment.

    I told her that you guys should write a book together with her writing the female POV and you writing the male POV - it would be hilarious.

     
  • At 8:52 PM, Blogger Dakota Cassidy said…

    LMAO, Jaynie. I think we have to work on his spelling first :)

    Could I get a little love here, ladies? I'm CUTE TOO, DAMMIT!!!

    LOLLOLOL

    Dakota :)

     
  • At 1:31 AM, Blogger Karen Scott said…

    Lol!!!! Ahhhh, that is just so darned cute!!

    Jaynie's right, he does sound just like you (g)

    Are you gonna get married now? Cuz you know you shouldn't have sex before marriage right?

    Now, about that book...

     
  • At 5:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    OMG OMG
    I cannot believe that you have found this guy 'kota, he sounds perfect for you!

    Welcome Rob! To the glorious world of Dakota-land! Be sure to keep your shoulder harness securely fastened at all times! Those of us who held her hand through the DIVORCE know just how thoroughly she can make a guy squirm. We don't need to find you. There won't be anything left....

    Hugs from a new long-distance friend....
    Paula and hubby Gary (Florida)

    PS - you gotta come to RT next year!

     
  • At 5:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I've been reading your blog for a couple of months. I gotta say I'm very happy for you.
    You've put a big smile on my face, and given me hope for the future.

    Uh...does he have an older brother? :)

     
  • At 5:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I swear..JUST when I thought it couldn't get any better..KotaBabe..RobBabe..you're the absolute BEST..anybody readin this for the first time is gonna SWEAR it's Kota...you sound SOOOO much like her..I can see now EXACTLY why you 2 hit it off. I'm yet another cheerleader rootin you guys on..best of luck to you both! :D AJ

     
  • At 5:58 AM, Blogger Angela James said…

    I'm going to come down firmly on Rob's side after that entry. Anyone who can stand up for himself and dish it right back deserves an ally in his corner.

    So Dakota, if you f**k this up, I'm going to fly out there with Brianna and let her pluck you bald. It's a special talent of hers.

    And is this a bad time to share the catch phrase that Josh and I used when we were in the scary phase? "you can't go back to holding hands"

    So make this work! Smooches to you both for making me smile :)

     
  • At 6:53 AM, Blogger Dakota Cassidy said…

    Angie? Bite me. LMAO--thanks, babe :) Rob could use one person in his corner.

    AJ? LOLLOL--we are a LOT alike. Thanks, love :)

    Jackie? Welcome to my madness, darling and thanks for posting. I'll see what I can hook ya up with. LOL

    P--I just love ya, ya know?

    Karen? A book--a book--I think I can. I think I can :) Thanks, doll :)

    And, I've been spammed! Jaynie says it means I've arrived. Look at me, eh? LOL

    Love you all

    DC :)

     
  • At 8:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thank you all for the warm welcome. :)

    I don't know if I'll be a regular contributor here. Dakota darling is fascinating enough by herself. I just thought it would be funny to throw my side of the story in there.

    As for the f***fest, we're in negotiations. ;)

    ~Champ

     
  • At 9:04 AM, Blogger Dakota Cassidy said…

    negotiate THIS, baby. LOLLOLL

    The COMEBACK Champ :)

    DC :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger