Thursday, May 26, 2005

OY!

Oy, oy and triple oy.

This is the term I commonly use when I'm many things. It's a catch all phrase for freaked out or irritated or nervous or whatever.

Today my oy is because I'm a bit nervous...

Wanna know why?

I have a date.

Now, it's not my first date. I"ve been on many since I joined the world of the single and looking to mingle. However, none of them and I do mean NONE have had me as nervous as this one.

Not even my first in over 21 years.

So what up with that?

Background. K--met this guy on the date site. I hated him to begin with. I have sort of a rant at the end of my profile because men are stupidheads sometimes. I'm sure women can be too, but I'm not a lesbian, so I can't say for sure. I deal strictly with men and THIS man made me nuts.

My profile has said rant because some of the e-mail I get is less than desirable and much like a Penthouse letter. Some e-mail contains harsh words like "you stuck up bitch" or the ever popular, "couldn't even e-mail me back, huh? You're not so hot anyway."

Yeah, I know, I'm not so hot. Could we shoot for original here? Like every guy on the dating planet that I've turned down hasn't used that phrase. Predictable at best.

So I wrote a rant--hoping to let these freaks know that I "get them" and maybe weed out the stupidheads. I figured--only the brave or really looking to be whaled would e-mail me.

The brave...

So, I get this e-mail and I look at the profile first and he's really cute. I peruse and note we have much of the same ideas on life. Yippee skippee, yes?

Er, no.

I open the nice e-mail that says hello and inside it says, "your profile sounds like a rant (well, yeah, dummy) and you spelled whatever it was wrong."

Hookay, so now I'm tweaked that the really cute guy has dissed me and not only has he dissed me, but he's attacked my spelling--don't make me get out my grammar guide, bud.

So, I in turn whale him back. I'm good at that, you know. I read his profile, find SEVERAL mistakes, not to mention the fact that he's a teacher. I am now like a dog with one of those big, fat bones. I let him have it.

Then I erase it, because really, who cares?

I write a more gentle, less humiliating e-mail to him. Something like, "Hey, thanks. I wrote the profile AFTER I got all of those e-mails and you don't want me to mention YOUR grammar and punctuation, do you?"

I send it off thinking never to hear from him again and it's a darn shame, cuz he has nice blue eyes.

Two days later...

Ding-dong--e-mail calling and yep, you guessed it--it's Mr. Spelling Police. LMAO

I open his e-mail thinking he'd better not pick a fight with me or I will napalm his comp. I'm just in the mood for a good dissing. It says, "Hey, meanie. How are you?"

LOLLOLLOLLOL--I roared over this, literally howled. This, I think to myself, is a SECURE man. Not afraid to diffuse a potetially nasty situation with a little funny, yet not begging my forgivness like some sycophant. No intimidation factor here. I tend to be a smidge intimidating because words are my cyber arrows--my fortee, so to speak and I can use them to make ya, or break ya. He wasn't being broken--or even cracked :)

I like it.

I'm aglow.

Twitterpated, as my good friend Erin calls it.

And so, we begin the e-mail tag thing. A couple of nights on the site e-mailing back and forth.

Then we take it off site and e-mail privately.

The more I e-mail with this one-time-stupidhead, the more I LIKE him. He's funny. He thinks I'm funny. he explained his e-mail as a way to get my attention, but he also wondered what was up my butt in my profile. We've been e-mail silly for nigh on a week or so now.

I've learned much about this man who can take a joke with the best of them, yet flirt with subtle finesse. I've been waking up to an e-mail from him every morning and we e-mail all day long and into the wee hours of the morning all over again.

I sorta get a tingle when I get one of his e-mails. That NEVER happens to me. I'm never nervous--I'm never freaked out by anyone. I'm waiting to have sex again to really do the freaked out thing properly. LMAO. I'm worried about what I'll wear. I'm worried about being as funny in person as I am on the Internet. I NEVER worry about that. I mean, funny is my thing--it just happens and now I'm all of a sudden worried about my wit? I 'm worried my hands will be sweaty. I never sweat. How lame is this?

So, I have a date tonight...

Gulp.

Gulp

Gulp.

He said he was nervous too--and he's not normally either. So WTF, I ask you?

Maybe he makes me nervous because he isn't afraid to speak his peace--nor is he prone to backing down. I like that. I really like that he doesn't seem to care that he didn't exactly fit my dream man ideal either. He just plowed ahead anyway. Maybe he makes me nervous because he's seems sorta real and that's kinda rare. 'Course, I've been wrong before too. I'm not a good judge of real.

I only know that I AM real. As real as it gets--despite the fact that most think I'm just fluff. Jaynie said it best in her intro to me on her blog. Most think I'm giggly and silly, but I really am sensitive and genuine. Honest injun. If I like ya, I'll do whatever I can to make you feel comfortable--included. If I don't--you'll know. I'll never publicly flay you--or humiliate you, but you'll feel the silence. I don't kid around about it either and if I don't like ya, it's because you've been arrogant, mean to someone or just flat out a shithead. It takes a lot to make me react that way, but I have been known to.

I'm as honest as the day is long about my feelings. I want someone else who can be as honest too. Someone with an op. Someone with some gonads.

I like a set of balls on a man.

Balls--definitely took balls to e-mail me because he's not the typical sort of man I'm drawn to--despite his cute factor.

So, like I said--I have a date.

OY.

Dakota :)

5 Comments:

  • At 10:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    LMAO!!!!
    He's the one, Kota!!!!

     
  • At 11:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It's good to be nervous. Means that there is a risk of some sort going on, basically that this guy kinda matters to you and you don't want to screw it up.
    BUT, you won't screw it up, you'll be your lovely self and have fun. Sounds like a great guy, and I'll bet 3 minutes after meeting him, you'll be just fine.
    ENJOY yourself.

    April ;)
    a fan of your books and now your blog

     
  • At 11:54 AM, Blogger Dakota Cassidy said…

    LOLLOL--thanks, April and welcome! Nice to meet you.

    I'm more nervous than I've ever been and I ain't likin' the off-kilter thing at ALL.

    Thanks for the good advice, doll. I'm off to hurl now. LOLLOL

    Dakota :)

     
  • At 3:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Kota,

    Have fun and enjoy the experience and as Pammie said....."He's the one" LOLOL

    Wubs ya Kota, have a wonderful time on your date.

    Hugs,
    Sheryl

     
  • At 6:28 PM, Blogger Jaynie said…

    He is the one. *snort* Pammie is channeling her inner Morpheus lol.

    It's gonna go great babe, and you damn well better IM me as soon as you get home. I want details, and preferable pictures *g*

    Have fun DC,

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger