Monday, May 23, 2005

Did you say I suck?

Hookay, so my bud Angie tagged me and said I had to blog. My life is so full I have nothing to blog over, with the exception of the recent erotic upheaval from another author...

Now, I could go on and on and say the same stuff I've seen on every board from here to Kingdom Come. But I won't. Cuz that would just be plain boring. I could rip apart the author's work line-for-line.

Then, she could rip mine apart and we'd have a rip-fest, yes?

Yawn.

So this is my dollars worth of verbiage on it.

K--I dunno what happened to the collegue theory. It's sorely underrated and rarely commended. I am of the personal belief that it's just not nice to say mean stuff. I can think it--I can send it to myself in a personal e-mail, but I'd be fucked and feathered if I would do it publicly (oooh, note erotic author's use of a BAD word, Tee hee )

I'm all about having an op--that's what reviewers are for. I encourage them to do as they will with me and my work.

I am NOT for ripping a genre--a pub--a fellow COLLEGUE apart for opting to write whatever the hell flicks her Bic.

And I do mean NEVER.

That said, I have to wonder WTF? Why would you purposely make heinous statements and stir up a wealth of controversy for the sheer joy of having people whale you.

Isn't that like sado-masochism? Or some big word that means freakin' off yer rocker--a word I don't know--and I don't care to.

I dunno--seems plain mean and ornery to this author.

I'm the nice author, I know. Everyone says I am. It's true. I do my thing and you do yours. We'll bond over floggers or something when all is said and done. I love people, I'm always willing to help. I'm the least cutthroat author on the planet. I'm not aggressive. What's happened to me has all been sheer luck. I work hard, but I don't go against the tide. I don't diss you for writing mainstream--I don't diss you for writing inspirational--I love you, you love me. We're all like Barney, yes?

Nope--we're not and I respect all opinions, I truly do, but I have little respect for someone who ain't perfect by a country mile, smacking the face of the genre that employs her fellow buds.

I'm not for calling silly names and overall yakking about something you know nothing about. Not only are we now going to specify our erotic romance writing, but if it isn't what I deem "my kind of erotica" I'm going to blog the friggin' crap outta ya. Insult you and the pubs you write for. Insult the readers. Just have an 'ol insult party.

Well, hell.

I tell ya, it was all I could do not to whip up and e-mail and then I thought, nah, this is the heat of the moment thing. Chill, Dakota and think before you spew, especially when some reader friends of mine were involved in the making of this tragedy. That makes me nuts more than insulting me ever could. Never, ever pick on my friends. It upsets me--makes me react, but yet still, I held my tongue. Don't say anything if you have nothing nice to say.

Good advice, yes?

Well, here I am almost a week later, I thought about it and I still think it sucks to be mean.

But that's just me.

All I gotta say is this. The cyber water cooler can be a very lonely place when you've made some enemies of your collegues.

Yep, we're all in this together. Some more succesfull than others, but in it together nontheless. I'm low key--I'm accepting of most anything, I'm non-judgemental, baby. I LOVE people. I'm living friggin' proof that you don't have to be outrageously cruel to others or a PROMO 'ho to find your way on the Internet.

I am, ask anyone. My goal will always be to learn about the other people whom I share my cyber world with. My goal isn't just about the sale and making some more sales by stirring a pot of already boiling shit. You really can sell books just by being a decent, caring human being. God's honest truth. Again I say, I'm pretty widely known, ask anyone on the Internet if you can't be nice and still have a career.

I don't have to like your work and you don't have to like mine, but we could have been friends anyway.

Let's all sing Kumbya, eh?

DC :)

3 Comments:

  • At 8:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Kota,

    This is why we love you.

    You're unique and we love that about you and I'm dayam glad to have you as a friend.

    Hugs,
    Sheryl

     
  • At 9:42 PM, Blogger Dakota Cassidy said…

    Aw, sweets, ya know I love you and thank you, I'm humbled and honored to know you :)

    DC

     
  • At 10:53 PM, Blogger Jaynie said…

    Kumbyaaaaaaaaa my friend
    Kumbya

    Yup - she was a dork and you're not. Well sometimes you are, but you're always a nice dork *g*

    This verbal crack whore would much rather read books written by nice authors than nasty authors. There is just too much competition out there to bother with the idiots who insult their readers, their colleagues, and their genre.

    Well said babe,

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger