Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Da Babes :)

Okay, so I talked about the ladies over on Shelly's group and love them as I do, I can't mention them and NOT mention my favorite people in the whole wide world.

The babes :)

So today you get two posts.

The Babes. They are the single best group of women, bar none. Michelle Hoppe, Isabella Jordon and I began the babes because we wanted a place where no one would gripe about nonsensical chatter (I still don't get why every post on a group has to be about a book) and you can pretty much talk about whatever the hell you want to. You can talk about Tolstoy if your boat sets sail that way :) We don't care.

Hence, we began the babes. We are essentially the group about nothing. Much like Isabella said, an episode of Seinfeld. We just shoot the breeze, but I gotta tell ya, I love these women and yes, men, like family.

These are the women I wake up to. They are almost the first people I talk to in the morning besides my mother. They are the women I spend most of my day and night with.

Odd, you say? To spend your time with "people" on the net. Well, I say, crap on that. I have no life you say? Well, crap on that too. My life involves a great deal of time spent on the comp. I work my butt off to write each and every day, so what's odd about sharing it with my cyber girls?

Not a damn thing in my mind. They are my collegues. My happy hour. My friends to sit with in the cafeteria during lunch. A shoulder to cry on when I'm so frickin' overwhelmed I don't know if I can keep on keeping on.

I'd kill for them more than likely, because these are the women who support me ALWAYS. They make me laugh. They make me glad I have a computer. They "hear" me.

When Michelle and I were at RT, we genuinely missed contact with them on a daily basis. We told EVERYONE about them. We didn't tell people about them because they buy our books--we don't even care about that. We told them about the babes because we want everyone to know that women really CAN be friends--even if cyber space is the medium.

They each have a unique quality that makes them different from one another--yet they blend like a freakin' palette of colors on a canvas of white. If you have a woe--tell them. If you have a fear--share it. It's all about support in the most magnificent of ways. In waves of e-mail that make some want to scream because of the abundance. Know what we say to the people who get upset over the massive amounts of e-mail? Get over it and go no mail. LMAO Or piss off. LOLLOL

These classy women have enriched me and brought me so much happiness that I care little what some may say about my cyber life. For as long as my thighs can keep the extra pounds off from sitting in a chair so much--I'll choose to spend my time with them.

It takes really very little to be a babe. You have to be willing to discuss earth shattering questions like Coke or Pepsi--big hair or flat--hair tips--the joy of endless streams of chatter that add up to a whole bunch of just stuff. I liken it to grabbing a cup of coffee and hanging out at the bus stop.

We know each other's family members. We know how old the other babe is--how many children they have--what they want in life--what they dream about--their goals. Their carbonated beverage preference. LMAO

We don't allow PROMO 'ho's. We don't allow angry snipes at one another. What we do allow is mutual support--friendship at it's finest--laughter at its most stellar.

Yep, it's true. I love my babes and I'd dare anyone to tell me sitting in front of a comp isn't the real world or worse still, unhealthy.

'Scuse me, but how much healthier does it get to love and be loved in return--no matter the source?

Nuff said :)

Dakota :)

10 Comments:

  • At 9:57 PM, Blogger Michelle said…

    Ah, Dakota...a woman after my own heart. What a fantastic post. I recently joined the "Babes" cause I'm following you around on the internet. Just joking. No, a bunch of my cyber-buddies are on your loop and I was missing everyone so badly.

    Thanks for giving us a great place to play and just hang out!
    You girls rock!
    Sam

     
  • At 10:01 PM, Blogger Dakota Cassidy said…

    I'm beyond glad that a mega talent like you has joined the babes--but mostly, I'm just glad you come to talk to us.

    We love ya back :)

    DC :)

     
  • At 11:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What can I say except......it's ALL true.

    We love to fight amongst ourselves but god help anyone that tries to take on a BABE because there is a whole bunch of us to provide ways to torture....ummmm make suggestions for those that go up against us....with Dakota in the lead throwing flaming batons....of course. *sniff*

    "LONG LIVE THE BABES" - standard greeting of Babeville.

     
  • At 12:45 AM, Blogger Jaynie said…

    Tis all true. We are a bunch of women who seem to have little real life, and lots of cyber life lol, but guess what? We all seem to prefer it that way. The Babes are simply the best group of women I have ever had the pleasure of hanging out with. Some of them I don't understand, some of them make me laugh, some of them are damn strange (those coke drinking ones lol)

    When I'm pulling my hair out, screaming at the mess in my house, the kids going wild or the DH not understanding - I know I always have the babes.

    ...and our leader. What can I say about Dakota? She is truly the nicest person I have ever known. I don't think I can put into words how much this woman has helped me feel alive with her posts in this group. I know that if anyone ever gives me shit, Dakota will be riding beside me ready to flame them with the batons, and bounce them with the booty. I love you too babe-dude.

     
  • At 5:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Babeville is THE place to be!!! I've made new friends, re-established with old friends and wouldn't trade the Babes for anything and I'm always ready to kick butt when someone hurts one of the Babes! Dakota, Isy and Michelle are great ladies who actually take the time to sit and chat with us!!
    I spend a lot of time on the computer for my job and when it gets stressful, I head to Babeville to grab a Pepsi and wind down and catch up on what's up with everyone else!!
    As Sheryl said, LONG LIVE THE BABES!!!

     
  • At 7:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dakota, That was an absolutely heartwarming post! It almost made me cry. The Babes of the TTTABB group are fantastic and we all thank you, Michelle, and Isy for starting this group. 'Tis like having your best friends over any time you need to chat.

    Hugs, Bonita

     
  • At 8:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love being a part of this group, it's one of the few that I try really hard to keep up with - and the ladies do not make it easy when they generate hundreds of posts each day! Though I'm a lurker by nature, the babe environment is so incredible, I often find myself wanting to share with these ladies, and to read about what's going on in their lives. Needless to say, I love the babes ;-)
    Crystal

     
  • At 11:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ~smiles~ hopefully i'm doing this right, cause i'm not blogger knowledgeable.

    dakota, darling...well said and i agree completely. there is little i can add to your post, since you said it so well. i agree that the babes rock and starting your day and ending your night with the babes is wonderful.

    long live the babes!

    michelle hoppe

     
  • At 12:55 PM, Blogger Angela James said…

    Ahhh... that was lovely Dakota. I've been glad I discovered Babeville and all the great ladies there! It's been a complete blast and everyone was welcoming from the very first word. That's not always the case but shows the generosity of spirit that you, Michelle, and Izzy have.

     
  • At 12:57 PM, Blogger Dakota Cassidy said…

    Aw, guys, thank you! And Jaynie, a special thanks to you, cuz you're a hard sell. LOLLOL

    Love,
    Dakota :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger