Saturday, April 23, 2005

What IS Carnomedy and who really cares?

Hookay, so lemme start by saying that I'm blog addicted. I've been blog hopping all over the net thanks to Jaynie and Angie who just don't know how NOT to taunt me. Tee hee. So with that came the desire to have my own "cyber space" because I felt a bit like the kid who didn't get picked for the chess team. It's bad if they don't pick you for the chess team...

So here I am with a blog and not a whole lot to say. Probably because I like to lay low and don't cause trouble and what fun is that if you don't stir something up? I'm rather non-controversial in the scheme of blogging. Trying not to hurt people's feelings and diplomacy should be a talent in a beauty contest. I'm good at it. I could use another tiara--it's been a long dry two decades or so.

So I'll be the boring blogger. Sickeningly sweet, as Jaynie calls me. I don't mind that she calls me that. I am nice or at least I try to be. I like people and I like to talk to them. All kinds of people. Even Jaynie. LMAO

Onto the explanation of Carnomedy. I made that word up. Genuis is what you're thinking, right? LMAO. It's a combination of carnal and comedy--I write erotic romances. They are of the carnal nature and humorous, I suppose. Not slapstick, mind you. I read that on another blog--how lame slapstick can be in a romance. I was wiping my brow and patting myself on the back for not writing it after I read that cuz the blogger really didn't like them. I'm not sure why that bothered me, but it did. Well, actually, it scared me silly and made me want to look at all of my books again for clarity that I DO NOT write slapstick. That would be insecure, wouldn't it? LOL

The whole comedy thing bothers me because sometimes it's called "fluff". I assure you, there isn't a thing left on me that's fluffy. Well, except when menopause hits--then I hear EVERYTHING gets fluffy.

Yes, my situations are funny/ironic in my books--no, no one is tripping on a bananna peel. They say comedy is hard and maybe it is, but what I write sorta just happens. I don't sit down and think, "how can I make people giggle?" I think it's just who I am. I figured if I could entertain the masses at the bus-stop, why not branch out and find a broader audience.

I think I did. I still don't quite know how that happened. Who knew?

I choose this carnomedy thing because, well everyone in my arena writes erotica/romantica/spicy/sensual so I needed to be different. Hell, I just thought it was amusing. I'm good at that--amusing myself. Ask anyone if I'm not.

So, here I am with a blog and I'd bet my bippy that means nothing in the scheme of global warming, but I feel important just the same. Jeez, I hope someone comes and comments and they're nice to me.

I promise to be nice back. Ask Jaynie :)

15 Comments:

  • At 10:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    YAY I get to be the first to comment on my separated at birth (by 4 years) twin (notice I didn't say evil twin *g*)

    ~Erin the Innocent

     
  • At 10:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Awww Dakota it's a very nice blog, and I will now add it to my favourites - along with Jaynie's and Angie's to check on regularly ;-)

    Crystal

     
  • At 10:25 PM, Blogger Jaynie said…

    God damnit - I wanted to be first. Erin you are so NOT innocent - pffftttttt. Did you know Crystal is younger than us? She's just a baby *sigh* Remember back in the good old days (last month) before I got old and turned 30.

    Look - Dakota finally got herself a blog. I hope nobody is mean to her, she's only sweet when nobody is threatening her babies - she has a tough and rough side you know. *g*

    Congrats babe, have a tiarra.

    cheers,

     
  • At 10:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    lol *sticking out my tongue at Jaynie* I was first!!!!

     
  • At 10:37 PM, Blogger Dakota Cassidy said…

    I get a tiara for having a blog? Why the hell didn't you say so sooner? LOLLOLLOLLOL

    And yeah, I get tweaked when people pick on my babies :)

    Do you really think someone might be mean? Wow, that would suck, huh? LOL

    DC :)

     
  • At 10:38 PM, Blogger Dakota Cassidy said…

    YAY, Erin is here! I love Erin--we were separated at birth in a round about frozen embryo kind of way. LMAO

    DC :)

     
  • At 10:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow, you have a blog, babe. I see there have been some others before me.....hmmmm Jaynie & Erin, play nice....or Dakota will get out the napalm! Tee hee hee. And if Dakota gets a tiara, I WANT ONE TOO!!!

    Sheryl

     
  • At 10:58 PM, Blogger Dakota Cassidy said…

    And look! Crystal and Sheryl came to play too...:) I love the babes.

    Dakota :)

     
  • At 11:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yup, I was here! And now that everyone else knows about it......I'm sure they'll all come too!

     
  • At 1:32 AM, Blogger Sam said…

    Hi Dakota!
    Happy Blogging!
    Love the colors - very warm and friendly!
    So.....what's a bippy?
    Hugs,
    SAm

     
  • At 5:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So you finally did it? FAB!!! Congrats!
    Great blog!
    {{HUGS}}


    Pam

     
  • At 6:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, Dakota -- nice blog. I like your idea on carnal comedy, what a delightful description of your work.

    Bonita

     
  • At 9:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love the new moniker - try to get that trademarked !!! Well I became a fan of this new genre when I read Dakota Cassidy's first book It's A Vampire Thing - I could not believe thatsomeone had written about a narcoleptic vampire! What a sense of humor this author had and from there I have salivated over anything that Dakota has written. Samantha
    Winston also tickles my funny bone for she also puts a different twist on a story as well. I mean The Phallus from Dallas is a classic for me and Darla's Valentine - omg she also also makes me laugh out loud with her words and her style.

     
  • At 6:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Welcome to blogging! It's rather addictive, but fun!

    Hm, a nice blog?? Really?? What a concept *g

     
  • At 4:48 PM, Blogger Michelle said…

    Kota!!!
    Woot Babe! You went and took the cyber-plunge. Welcome to the world of blogging and the insanity of not having one damn decent thing to say on some days. [Or at least in my case anyway] Have missed your sense of humor on AK's site...How are the spiders treating you? Hoping they are not withhold the pepsi like they are in my case. Damn diets, they suck! Anyway hope you have a good time at RT and give Morgan and AK kisses for me when you see them!
    Hugs,
    Samantha Reynolds

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger