Monday, April 25, 2005

The road to RT is paved with stilettos :)

Hookay, so I spent the better part of today getting last minute stuff done for RT. I think my suitcases rival that of Jessica Simpson on an overnight stay in the Bahamas...I'm driving with my good friend Michelle Hoppe, so I can take whatever I want. Hence, I have far more than any one author should be allowed. Especially shoes...

I love shoes--I have many. I bought many more.

So? LOL

Okay, so this whole RT thing. Last year I was a relative newbie and didn't think anyone would know who I was. I was so wrong and I felt sorta weird not knowing anyone important-ay. I mean, I had a lovely conversation with a woman outside at the RWA con and had NO CLUE she was Nora Roberts. I just thought she was way cool for laughing at my jokes, ya know? I didn't have a name-tag to identify me and neither did she. I just know if she'd have read "Dakota Cassidy" she'd have fallen at my feet and asked for pointers on like character arc and stuff. LOLLOL

Thus, I am not aware of the people I should be schmoozing...

I suck at that, you know. Just as much as I suck at PROMO. I mentioned that on another blog too--the PROMO thing. I'm really bad at it and I wouldn't know who to schmooze if they had a T-shirt that said, "Um, do you have ANY idea how important I am in your wee author life?" No, I'm certain they wouldn't throw their weight around in such a bold manner. Ya think? LOL

So I don't schmooze at all because honestly, I could be eyein' up the janitor, pitching my book and not even know he had the disinfectant in his hand and didn't speak English...I forget to read the name-tags and stuff and even if I do, I really don't know who's important in the scheme of things and even if I did, I probably wouldn't schmooze anyway.

I know making appointments with editors and stuff is like really big, but I couldn't do that even if I tried.

So I didn't and I won't. Neener, neener, neener. LOLLOL

I have an agent. She's really, really super cool. I'll leave that stuff to her, because she's so much smarter than I am. I sorta happened on her too. It's a long story, better left for another blog, but cool in a karma kinda way. I didn't go looking for her. She found me :)

I like to hang out with the other authors. I love to see what they bring in the way of PROMO and I love the readers.

Shoot, I hope they like all of the shoes I'll wear. LOL

I think my stiletto's and I will be just fine.

If we're not, you'll be the first to know :)

Oh, and thanks to all of you who've posted to my blog. I kinda thought I'd be here all alone and no one but scary Jaynie would post. I feel so loved--appreciated--stalked. I'm kidding. LMAO

Dakota :)

6 Comments:

  • At 9:44 PM, Blogger Jaynie said…

    I should have guessed you would have a thing for shoes, I suppose you will be taking your tiarras too. *g*

    You'll recognise the important people - they are the ones surrounded by the little people who are all trying to put their noses up the important peoples butt.

    Have fun at RT and please remember to take lots of pictures for me. Michelle forgot her camera so I'm counting on you. This is a scary concept.

    huggles,

     
  • At 9:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wooohhoooo!!!! Have fun at RT and we will all be awaiting the pics you will take.

    Well I will anyway!

    Drive safe, and don't forget to take plenty of maps....so you don't get lost.

    Hugs,
    Sheryl

     
  • At 9:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Bugger Jaynie, that's what I was thinking......OH MY FRICKIN GOD..are we like psychic? or psycho? LOL

    Michelle, take care of Dakota

    And Dakota...ummm...don't get lost?

    Hugs to you both.

     
  • At 10:01 PM, Blogger Dakota Cassidy said…

    LOLLOLLOLLOL.

    Oy, Jaynie!

    I think I'll avoid the groups that have people and noses and butts :)

    DC :)

     
  • At 9:05 PM, Blogger Michelle said…

    Another person with a shoe fettish...lol I mean that in the most non-erotic way of course. Did you realize that last week Nordstroms had a sale on Sacha London shoes? OMG! I almost had a big one right there on the department store floor...Pink and black love, Pink and black it's all the rage this year! Woot! Glad I'm not alone in my obession for shoes...lol
    Hugs and have a ball at RT...I so wish I was going.
    Samantha

     
  • At 2:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I read all about your drive there on LSB's SiN forum. Sounds like you and Michelle had a great time!
    I'm so jealous, I can't wait to go to next years. :D

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger